BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacement ex. valves for edelbrock heads

3 posters

Go down

Replacement ex. valves for edelbrock heads  Empty Replacement ex. valves for edelbrock heads

Post  manofmerc November 15th 2011, 3:55 pm

What do you all recomend I use to replace the ex. valves in my edelbrock heads .These are std. size 1.76 .I would like something a bit lighter that the stock edelbrock and I intend to keep the same 1.76 size thanks Doug

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Replacement ex. valves for edelbrock heads  Empty Re: Replacement ex. valves for edelbrock heads

Post  c.evans November 15th 2011, 6:33 pm

There's not anything that is going to be "a bit lighter" to speak of,,,,,,,unless you go with titanium valves. That being said, I'd use the FRPP A-429 exhaust valves. They flow a good bit better because of their tulip shape on the backside. I believe Lem has them in stock.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Replacement ex. valves for edelbrock heads  Empty Thanks

Post  manofmerc November 16th 2011, 5:36 am

Mr.Charlie thanks from what I see they are longer than my 4.960 edel valves can they be shortened ?I have a couple bent valves in my heads My machinist wanted something lighter .Thanks again Doug

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Replacement ex. valves for edelbrock heads  Empty Re: Replacement ex. valves for edelbrock heads

Post  rmcomprandy November 16th 2011, 11:42 am

manofmerc wrote:What do you all recomend I use to replace the ex. valves in my edelbrock heads .These are std. size 1.76 .I would like something a bit lighter that the stock edelbrock and I intend to keep the same 1.76 size thanks Doug

I use the #2007SG valves from S.I. for use in the Edelbrock heads. They are normally for a Pontiac and are 1.770" in diameter. Nothing special however, they fit.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans November 16th 2011, 12:46 pm

Doug,

No, they can't be shortened that .100". It will ruin the tip and tip length, and affect your valve spring installed height.

I forgot that Edelbrock used that shorter "big chamber" valve, so FRPP's A-429 valves (which are 5.060") won't work for you. S-I does make the shorter big chamber valves, and/or you can use the Pontiac valve that Randy mentioned. Your machinist should have S-I catalogs, REV, Ferrea, and Manley catalogs if he's a cylinder head guy. He can look up your options in any of those catalogs.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy November 16th 2011, 7:14 pm

c.evans wrote:Doug,

No, they can't be shortened that .100". It will ruin the tip and tip length, and affect your valve spring installed height.

I forgot that Edelbrock used that shorter "big chamber" valve, so FRPP's A-429 valves (which are 5.060") won't work for you. S-I does make the shorter big chamber valves, and/or you can use the Pontiac valve that Randy mentioned. Your machinist should have S-I catalogs, REV, Ferrea, and Manley catalogs if he's a cylinder head guy. He can look up your options in any of those catalogs.

Charlie

The shorter Ford valve has a .350" tip length and 1.750" head diameter. It can't be used easily in an Edelbrock head.
The S.I. #2007SG is 4.970" OAL and has a .250" tip length.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Replacement ex. valves for edelbrock heads  Empty Valve info

Post  manofmerc November 17th 2011, 6:44 am

Thanks for the help guys .Mr.Malick do you have those S I valves in stock ?Thanks again Doug

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy November 17th 2011, 11:42 am

manofmerc wrote:Thanks for the help guys .Mr.Malick do you have those S I valves in stock ?Thanks again Doug
I have one set of 8 because I ordered them for a D3 customer who never paid for them but, usually NO, not those ... I buy them as I need them. It only takes a few days.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down