BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

restricting oil at the lifter crossover tower

4 posters

Go down

restricting oil at the lifter crossover tower Empty restricting oil at the lifter crossover tower

Post  manofmerc November 18th 2011, 7:47 am

I pulled my engine down for a freshen up .This is a 466 bracket car.My #7 rod bearing was showing some copper the rest of my bearings looked fine nothing like #7.Several years ago on my first pass with this engine I spun #7 rod bearing .A new rod(scat h beam)crank turning I was in business .This engine is 5 years old .I have the milidon 8 qt pan melling hv pump .The drain holes in the block have been chamfered .Rod and main clearances were all in the .0027 .003 Checked with a dial bore gauge .I really dont rev this engine to high normally 6000 is the max .On test days maybe 6500 at the end of the 1/4.What about this crossover mod ? Dont you restrict the oil going to the drivers side lifter gallery ? My cam is a solid flat tappet .If this is the case what size hole is drilled in the restrictor? Or does everybody have another idea.I have good idle pressure 40 lbs and 60-70 at the end of the track never any flucations .vr1 oil 20-50 good k/n filter Thanks guys Neutral

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

restricting oil at the lifter crossover tower Empty Re: restricting oil at the lifter crossover tower

Post  dfree383 November 18th 2011, 9:19 am

is it the only one doing it? can you post pictures of the bearings?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

restricting oil at the lifter crossover tower Empty Re: restricting oil at the lifter crossover tower

Post  jesse November 18th 2011, 12:57 pm

you need green oil lol
your combo should not need any oil mods
there are motors out there spinning alot more
rpms than yours and have ne issues
i would say have the rod checked and crank
again.
jesse
jesse

Back to top Go down

restricting oil at the lifter crossover tower Empty Yes it is

Post  manofmerc November 18th 2011, 5:48 pm

Yes dfree#7 is the only one doing this .And no I cant post pictures .Looking at my crank #4 main journal supplies oil to two rod journals And I have read on the other forum #7 is the last in line for oil .One other thing I forgot in my first post I am using half groove main bearings .It seems I cant get full groove main bearings anymore .Summit doesnt carry them and barnett performance cant get them either .I went over my notes when I assembled this engine and all of my clearances were in the .0027-.0033 range .Thanks guys maybe I need some green oil huh!

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 November 19th 2011, 4:27 am

You can get 3/4 bearings

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down