BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what is needed to switch to alchol

+8
Lem Evans
cool40
Curt
Wheelie58
69F100
richter69
dfree383
jesse
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

what is needed to switch to alchol - Page 2 Empty Re: what is needed to switch to alchol

Post  dfree383 November 24th 2011, 12:59 pm

richter69 wrote:The added fuel consumption will offset some
of the cheap per gallon savings over gas, in other words it wont save you as much as you think.

But "She" dosen't know that......... bom albino
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

what is needed to switch to alchol - Page 2 Empty Re: what is needed to switch to alchol

Post  David Cole November 24th 2011, 8:02 pm

Just my bit on the pump size with a Ron's system. For the 528 get a 0 1/2. This pump is good for up to about 950 hp. I ran a 0 1/2 on the A head 588 in my dragster. It worked but was close to it's upper limit. I was all the way down to a #60 pill using a #39 nozzle. I may have gotten a bit more from it by swapping pullies and overdriving the the pump a little.

When I did my current A head 598 I knew the 0 1/2 pump would not be enough as I planned on this one being well over 1000 hp. I sent my pump to Ron's for the upgrade. Their regular black gear pump is very similar to Enderle pump. They can change the size from 0 1/2 to #1 and vice versa with a gear change. (the 0 size pump can't be changed). Cost $250 for the upsize.

With my hp level I really need about a 0 3/4 (no such thing as a 1 3/4 lol) . The 0 1/2 is too small, and the # 1 is a touch too big. I use a high speed bypass to bleed off some of the excess fuel from the #1. With 1200 hp you may not need a high speed bypass, but I would say it's likely, considering the rpm/time that you puller's turn.
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=66449&

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper November 24th 2011, 9:37 pm

I'd go efi. easy to tune, easy to upgrade, uses the same pumps as the mech injection guys. cost a little more at first but you don't have to rely others to flow the system.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 November 24th 2011, 10:28 pm

whatbumper wrote:I'd go efi. easy to tune, easy to upgrade, uses the same pumps as the mech injection guys. cost a little more at first but you don't have to rely others to flow the system.
tell us more! some of the outlaw guys here are goen that way but they dont tell much,lol.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jesse November 24th 2011, 10:30 pm

what is the main dif between a hat and 2 toilets?
jesse
jesse

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 November 24th 2011, 10:39 pm

jesse wrote:what is the main dif between a hat and 2 toilets?
none realy,just the look and cfm of each one.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jesse November 24th 2011, 11:10 pm

well i like the looks of a hat
i shure have alot to think about
i know i can do this and wont cost me anything
if i sell my carb with fuel system
i found a few used set up's
but that would mean i have to jump up a class

thanxs for all the help and great info and advice
now i just gotta make my mind up
jesse
jesse

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 26th 2011, 1:03 pm

After talking to James it looks as if David is spot on. You could use a 1.0 pump with the smaller hp, but additional low and highspeed bypasses would be needed. You could start out with the 0.5 pump, and later on the bigger build upgrade that pump to a 1.0. You would have to send the pump to Ron;s to get the swap made, but when you get it back you own the smaller set of gears...........you could swap the smaller set back if needed and do it in your own garage.

I don't know what an Enderlie, hat sret up would run, but I bet a pair of toilets would be cheaper. I would get the stuff flowed though, I had my local guy do it and it was only 100 bucks..............so even with the added cost of that your still in pretty cheap.

Make sure the cell is up front and has a good sized vent, and that the pickup is such that the bouncing etc wont uncover it from fuel sloshing around etc.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt November 27th 2011, 11:41 am

Curt wrote:I think a 1 pump would be way overkill. Tuning would be a lot easier with an 0-1/2
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2