BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do I need to remove my already intalled fuel pump eccentric if I'm now going to be using an electric fuel pump?

4 posters

Go down

Do I need to remove my already intalled fuel pump eccentric if I'm now going to be using an electric fuel pump? Empty Do I need to remove my already intalled fuel pump eccentric if I'm now going to be using an electric fuel pump?

Post  MoGreen September 17th 2009, 5:10 am

Hi guys... I have already buttoned up my Timing Chain cover etc. I'm now thinking about not utilizing the mechanical fuel pump and going with a Holley "Black" or something of that nature.. But now that is's all buttoned up, it donned on me... Do I now have to go back in and remove the eccentric before I run an electric fuel pump...? I have the block off plate for the timing cover. I'm using a Lunati Hydraulic Flat-Tappet cam that came with its own special bolts for the cam & cam retainer.. Should I go back in there and remove it? What would you guys do in this case? Thanx

MoGreen

Back to top Go down

Do I need to remove my already intalled fuel pump eccentric if I'm now going to be using an electric fuel pump? Empty Re: Do I need to remove my already intalled fuel pump eccentric if I'm now going to be using an electric fuel pump?

Post  The Pope September 17th 2009, 6:52 am

If it were me, I'd leave it in as I don't think your valve train will even know it's there. Anyway, it will be there IF you need it.
The Pope
The Pope

Back to top Go down

Do I need to remove my already intalled fuel pump eccentric if I'm now going to be using an electric fuel pump? Empty Re: Do I need to remove my already intalled fuel pump eccentric if I'm now going to be using an electric fuel pump?

Post  Greg_P September 17th 2009, 10:05 am

Just leave it in, it won't hurt a thing.

I've been using mine for years, it's a one piece eccentric that makes an awesome washer.....LOL.....

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  cdbearde September 17th 2009, 8:27 pm

Greg_P wrote:Just leave it in, it won't hurt a thing.

I've been using mine for years, it's a one piece eccentric that makes an awesome washer.....LOL.....

Greg

X2 Smile
cdbearde
cdbearde

Back to top Go down

Do I need to remove my already intalled fuel pump eccentric if I'm now going to be using an electric fuel pump? Empty Thanx a million guys!!!

Post  MoGreen September 18th 2009, 7:54 am

Like the title says... Thank you guys so much for your ultimate support.... Its so good to have a family like you all..and thank you all too for not bashing me on the error I made with the word "installed"... LOL.....

MoGreen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down