BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two-Piece Fuel Pump Eccentric

4 posters

Go down

Two-Piece Fuel Pump Eccentric Empty Two-Piece Fuel Pump Eccentric

Post  1EFF100 March 5th 2023, 6:15 pm

Hey guys, this may be a dumb question, but can you use just the inside portion of the two-piece fuel pump eccentric?
1EFF100
1EFF100

Posts : 265
Join date : 2009-10-31
Age : 58
Location : Eureka, Ca

Back to top Go down

Two-Piece Fuel Pump Eccentric Empty Re: Two-Piece Fuel Pump Eccentric

Post  dfree383 March 7th 2023, 10:30 am

I wouldn’t, I’d get the one piece if you want to do that, the two piece ones are pretty thin.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14805
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

Dave De likes this post

Back to top Go down

Two-Piece Fuel Pump Eccentric Empty Re: Two-Piece Fuel Pump Eccentric

Post  1EFF100 March 7th 2023, 11:01 am

dfree383 wrote:I wouldn’t, I’d get the one piece if you want to do that, the two-piece ones are pretty thin.
Thanks Dave. With the double roller timing set I'm using, the outside circular sliding piece mashes up against the cam sprocket and therefore won't turn.
I'll have to find a one-piece and the corresponding longer dowel pin. Hopefully Dorman or someone makes them.
1EFF100
1EFF100

Posts : 265
Join date : 2009-10-31
Age : 58
Location : Eureka, Ca

Back to top Go down

Two-Piece Fuel Pump Eccentric Empty Re: Two-Piece Fuel Pump Eccentric

Post  supervel45 March 7th 2023, 2:44 pm

I see the dowel pin with a lot of the fuel pump eccentric kits offered. They are about $18.00.

Looks like you can get a dowel pin seperate for the 1 piece eccentric also.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252957346984?hash=item3ae56ecca8:g:GvIAAOSwBt5ZJuQl&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsKDATY5AtWUNFQ%2FIC3mpbIzfPodbNqzaC5NQYsEppLyvxrSFeJjJWiAEKmxMdBTjiX0UXSJoMo8a5lsOO8SuuWq%2BowoLO1uwNsDK0tzvDN05Pc4suZWc1qmMfG830lLYD0IifhrW0qOVOYKdgZXJdhKvbB%2FziewktvxE%2BlZ0b%2BTE3fNYpBy2Zr08yMoW1wSVqd9W7m4o9KGKsdKGl5rrTYgjLbBrt%2FL2hj518jkllLnS%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR7jP2tbXYQ

supervel45

Posts : 4469
Join date : 2013-09-04

1EFF100 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Two-Piece Fuel Pump Eccentric Empty Re: Two-Piece Fuel Pump Eccentric

Post  Paul Kane March 9th 2023, 7:50 pm

1EFF100 wrote:...With the double roller timing set I'm using, the outside circular sliding piece mashes up against the cam sprocket and therefore won't turn....I'll have to find a one-piece and the corresponding longer dowel pin.
Why not just put a fender washer behind the 2-piece eccentric?  I have used a stainless 3/8 x 1.25" OD fender washer. The 1.25" OD will need to be ground down a tad with a bench grinder so as to clear the ID of the eccentric's outer ring, then just wire-wheel away the the burr that the grinder leaves behind.

You do not need a dowel for the 1-piece eccentric; it never came with such a thing and only the camping force of the cam bolt holds it steady.  By the way we do have 1-piece eccentrics over here but you better have a credit card with an insanely high limit Laughing (and frankly the fender washer is the practical way to go).
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

Posts : 1044
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : San Francisco Bay Area

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

1EFF100 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Two-Piece Fuel Pump Eccentric Empty Re: Two-Piece Fuel Pump Eccentric

Post  1EFF100 March 10th 2023, 9:13 am

Paul Kane wrote:
1EFF100 wrote:...With the double roller timing set I'm using, the outside circular sliding piece mashes up against the cam sprocket and therefore won't turn....I'll have to find a one-piece and the corresponding longer dowel pin.
Why not just put a fender washer behind the 2-piece eccentric?  I have used a stainless 3/8 x 1.25" OD fender washer. The 1.25" OD will need to be ground down a tad with a bench grinder so as to clear the ID of the eccentric's outer ring, then just wire-wheel away the the burr that the grinder leaves behind.

You do not need a dowel for the 1-piece eccentric; it never came with such a thing and only the camping force of the cam bolt holds it steady.  By the way we do have 1-piece eccentrics over here but you better have a credit card with an insanely high limit Laughing (and frankly the fender washer is the practical way to go).

Thanks Paul! I'll definitely do the fender washer. Cool

Bruce
1EFF100
1EFF100

Posts : 265
Join date : 2009-10-31
Age : 58
Location : Eureka, Ca

Back to top Go down

Two-Piece Fuel Pump Eccentric Empty Re: Two-Piece Fuel Pump Eccentric

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum