BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WORLD FINALS NMRA AT BOWLING GREEN !!!!!

+14
61coon
bbf-falcon
the1969fordguyinky
83-88T-Bird Guy
Copperhead
s.hembree
56Tbird
IDT-572
Mark Miller
8liter
jasonf
maverick
D. Sea
scottke
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WORLD FINALS NMRA AT BOWLING GREEN !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: WORLD FINALS NMRA AT BOWLING GREEN !!!!!

Post  maverick September 26th 2009, 9:43 am

bbf-falcon wrote:I'm not gonna make it guy's Crying or Very sad . Too many gremlins to whine about. Try to do some testing close to home. Ya'll have a fun/safe time and take lots of pic's.Maybe next year .

Rats. Are you sure you won't change your mind?
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

WORLD FINALS NMRA AT BOWLING GREEN !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: WORLD FINALS NMRA AT BOWLING GREEN !!!!!

Post  jasonf September 26th 2009, 1:07 pm

The amusement park is now closed for those who were interested.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf September 27th 2009, 10:55 pm

The way things are looking right now I should be able to make it again this year and actually meet some of you. I was hoping to bring my bucket but alas it is STILL not registered. Anyways, I think we will head up Thursday. It is only 11 hours but after driving to Canada and back this summer it should be a piece of cake. I was thinking of maybe bringing some stuff to cook a gumbo or some jambalaya if you guys are interested. I can make it with spicy sausage too. cherry It is relatively easy to make and can feed a lot of people. Does anyone like cracklin or boudin?
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea September 28th 2009, 11:52 am

jasonf wrote:The way things are looking right now I should be able to make it again this year and actually meet some of you. I was hoping to bring my bucket but alas it is STILL not registered. Anyways, I think we will head up Thursday. It is only 11 hours but after driving to Canada and back this summer it should be a piece of cake. I was thinking of maybe bringing some stuff to cook a gumbo or some jambalaya if you guys are interested. I can make it with spicy sausage too. cherry It is relatively easy to make and can feed a lot of people. Does anyone like cracklin or boudin?

Spicy for me. Beween all of us, we will have enough food for an army cheers Tracy and Sue are bringing a bunch of food along with Chuck's Cousin. I'll bet Hobbs will bring Chips and Cheese dip again.
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf September 29th 2009, 11:44 pm

1.5 more days. The wife and I will be leaving Thursday morning bright and early. bounce
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon September 30th 2009, 12:04 am

You and your wife have a safe trip up here.Can't wait to meet ya!!BTW,if you want to bring some boudin I'll help eat it!!! I try to go to the marsh when I get a chance to fish with some friends in Cut Off,LA. Every trip I stock up on Andoullie sausage,and Gator Tamales.I go down there to fish and they come up to Tennessee to hunt on our place.Works out well.Man,I aint had no mud bugs since July!!!I'm dying---RED

jasonf wrote:1.5 more days. The wife and I will be leaving Thursday morning bright and early. bounce
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf September 30th 2009, 12:22 am

We were planning on picking up some Boudin tomorrow. It really varies depending on where you get it. The guy down the road puts more meat/less rice so I like it a little better. I am gonna get a few pounds of cracklin as well. I grabbed some Richards sausage today to make spicy jambalaya one day as well. I figure if non of my cars can make it I can at least bring some grub. We will be traveling in the wife's mustang so the weather better be nice. LOL.

WORLD FINALS NMRA AT BOWLING GREEN !!!!! - Page 2 Lisanewmustang

My number is 3372580812 and we are staying at some roach motel and suites. It is cheap so I am not expecting much but I don't plan on being there much.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird September 30th 2009, 9:04 am

If I can get everything ready to go today ,I'm going to stay in the campground tonight and see you guys in the morning Very Happy
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IcallhimGeorge September 30th 2009, 9:14 am

You guys need to run down South so I can watch. Never know, I might put this big dumb mud truck on the track Twisted Evil

Id imagine this years season is all but over but are there any good races in SC next year? Around me its nothing but really crappy 1/8mile tracks. Any goober can run fast in a straight line. These guys have to dodge the potholes. Laughing I wont mention the track that has a railroad crossing....
IcallhimGeorge
IcallhimGeorge
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea September 30th 2009, 10:05 am

Rain forecast for Friday AM
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans September 30th 2009, 10:08 am

D. Sea wrote:Rain forecast for Friday AM
Party at Damon's tent Exclamation alien

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea September 30th 2009, 10:10 am

Lem Evans wrote:
D. Sea wrote:Rain forecast for Friday AM
Party at Damon's tent Exclamation alien

Let's GET IT ON!! Bring on th Jam..Jumb....Jambal........ Oh however the hell you say it lol!
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird September 30th 2009, 10:16 am

Don't forget the margrarita's !!! It'll be on one way or the other drunken drunken cheers lol!
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  scottke September 30th 2009, 10:18 am

Damon, what time do you think you will be getting in line?
scottke
scottke

Back to top Go down

Post  David Willingham September 30th 2009, 10:31 am

Hey Damon, if I bring my golf cart, can I unload it off my truck in the field and drive into the pits without paying anything? If not, you may have to come pick me up, LOL.
David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick September 30th 2009, 10:34 am

IcallhimGeorge wrote:You guys need to run down South so I can watch. Never know, I might put this big dumb mud truck on the track Twisted Evil

Id imagine this years season is all but over but are there any good races in SC next year? Around me its nothing but really crappy 1/8mile tracks. Any goober can run fast in a straight line. These guys have to dodge the potholes. Laughing I wont mention the track that has a railroad crossing....

Any goober can run fast in a straight line?? Shocked I guess that depends on your definition of "FAST". 30 mph in the mud is fast, isn't it? Razz Razz Sideways at 130 mph will peg the ol' fun meter for ya. Laughing
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf September 30th 2009, 10:36 am

56Tbird wrote:Don't forget the margrarita's !!! It'll be on one way or the other drunken drunken cheers lol!

That is a good point. Does anyone have a margarita machine or should I bring mine?
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans September 30th 2009, 10:42 am

Damon,

Since you are the club president (by default Very Happy ) and keeper of the records, etc. Very Happy ,,,,,,,where are we going to eat Friday night? May I suggest Toots, they have raw oysters on the half shell. tongue That question begs another,,,, where are we going to eat Saturday night?

Uncle Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf September 30th 2009, 11:08 am

Last year we ate at this little mexican place in a strip mall and the wife said we HAVE to eat there again. lOl.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea September 30th 2009, 11:15 am

Dan and Jason,

Tracy is bringing some Margarita suff but more is ALWAYS welcome! So bring the Margarita machine and more supplies Twisted Evil

Scott,

Depending on how early I can get everyone rounded up, we plan on leaving L-burg at 8AM but you know how that goes. If we do, then we should be in line at 9:30AM your time. We will all have to play phone tag on the way down i.e. in the past Blake, Hobbs, Chuck and I would play phone tag to see where everyone is and where in line etc...

Charlie,

Sounds great however from what I understand, Toots is always pretty crowded and Tracy is bringing a BUNCH of food so we will have to play it by ear. If Jason brings Jambalaya, Tracy brings Chili (And from what I understand, Sue & Chuck's Cousin are also bringing Chili) we may have an abundance of food cheers I belive Chili is on the menu Thursday evening.

Tracy was planning on grilling on Friday evening so maybe you guys can bring grills and grub? Regardless, it will be a GREAT time! cheers How about Friday we all get together and decide if and where we will go Saturday?

David,

From what I understand, you can unload where the spectators park and just bring your ticket, stamp or whatever with you when you drive your cart through the gates. If not then give one of us a yell and we will find a way to get the cart through Twisted Evil

I'm leaving work today at 4:45PM Eastern time and will be offline, so if anyone needs something, give me a yell on my cell.
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  scottke September 30th 2009, 12:26 pm

I think at least Sat. night we should all get together and grill. I'm bringing my smoker Fri & Sat. Trade a smoked pork chop for some chili? Never tried the crawfish or jumbalia, but always wanted to. My cell is 270-991-1586 anyone wants to yell at me in the morning, I hope to be in line by 8:30. Plan to grill burgers and dogs Thursday & Friday. It's only 4 days so let's make the best of it. LETS GET IT ON Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
scottke
scottke

Back to top Go down

Post  Copperhead September 30th 2009, 3:22 pm

I plan on being there friday morning bright & early. It's about a 4-1/2hr drive,..... but pulling a 28' enclosed trailer should be a little better than 5 hours (not including any pit-stops).

I figure if I leave out by 3am EST, that should put me in line somewhere around 7 - 7:30. Hopefully they start letting racers in a little earlier than the standard 9am gate opening time.

I got there last year on thursday and they were lined up for 1-1/2 miles getting in the gate.

I would have liked to have been able to get there on the first day (thursday) this year as well, but I couldn't get the time off work. Sad I had a hard enough time convincing my boss to let me have friday off.

See you guys there,......
Copperhead
Copperhead

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea September 30th 2009, 4:48 pm

I'm outta here..... See you guys tomorrow and/or this weekend at BG!

Drive safe!
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2