BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

whats is the issue with BBF exhaust ports

+3
rmcomprandy
IDT-572
johndickjr
7 posters

Go down

whats is the issue with BBF exhaust ports Empty whats is the issue with BBF exhaust ports

Post  johndickjr May 17th 2012, 5:47 pm

i was done some reading , what seems to the the issue with the BBf exhaust port flow, even with big valves and fully ported most have a hard time getting any good flow numbers with out going to a high dollar alum head..im seeing 200-220 cfm..my sbf heads are half the size and way smaller valve and go 246..but they are a aftermarket iron head but still retain the standard valve angle and location

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

whats is the issue with BBF exhaust ports Empty Re: whats is the issue with BBF exhaust ports

Post  IDT-572 May 17th 2012, 5:53 pm

Shock towers and hard headed engineers and bean counters.

Cam will solve the problem................... Wink Not as big of an issue as the chevy guys will tell you it is. Rolling Eyes
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

whats is the issue with BBF exhaust ports Empty Re: whats is the issue with BBF exhaust ports

Post  rmcomprandy May 17th 2012, 6:46 pm

johndickjr wrote:i was done some reading , what seems to the the issue with the BBf exhaust port flow, even with big valves and fully ported most have a hard time getting any good flow numbers with out going to a high dollar alum head..im seeing 200-220 cfm..my sbf heads are half the size and way smaller valve and go 246..but they are a aftermarket iron head but still retain the standard valve angle and location

Pretty much the 120 degree turn of the port which the exhaust is required to navigate.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 May 17th 2012, 11:36 pm

Those "little" ports have supported well over 800hp, and Blake has one with p51's making over a 1000hp..... So how bad are they?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 May 18th 2012, 12:41 am

Those sorry ports always cause me to break U joints and spider gears. Evil or Very Mad Junk......
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  tribal May 21st 2012, 5:15 am

Not really sure what you are talking about - Scotty J from RHP got me 248cfm ex from Eddy RPM's...

tribal

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 21st 2012, 11:34 am

tribal wrote:Not really sure what you are talking about - Scotty J from RHP got me 248cfm ex from Eddy RPM's...

I thought the OP was talking about regular OEM iron heads and anything over 220 cfm or more with those would be a dream.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane May 21st 2012, 12:43 pm

johndickjr wrote:whats is the issue with BBF exhaust ports?
With the knowledge that has been gained over the decades about how to port them, with the knowledge that has been gained in camshaft lobe profiles, cam timing events, etc, etc, etc, there are no major issues with the OEM iron BBF exhaust ports anymore. Those days are gone. Cool
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down