BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacement D3 castings with updated exhaust ports... Check it out. We got em exclusively...

+8
jasonf
95lightiningguy
Maddmattmustangs
the Coug
bbf-falcon
dfree383
schmitty
The Mad Porter
12 posters

Go down

Replacement D3 castings with updated exhaust ports... Check it out.  We got em exclusively... Empty Replacement D3 castings with updated exhaust ports... Check it out. We got em exclusively...

Post  The Mad Porter April 5th 2010, 11:11 pm

After weeks of R&D and some negotiations with the supplier...

Updated D3 castings with a great exhaust port.
Posted here first...

Replacement D3 castings with updated exhaust ports... Check it out.  We got em exclusively... Dsc01318

Replacement D3 castings with updated exhaust ports... Check it out.  We got em exclusively... Dsc01320

Replacement D3 castings with updated exhaust ports... Check it out.  We got em exclusively... Dsc01321

Replacement D3 castings with updated exhaust ports... Check it out.  We got em exclusively... Rhpd3f10

Replacement D3 castings with updated exhaust ports... Check it out.  We got em exclusively... Rhpd3r10

Replacement D3 castings with updated exhaust ports... Check it out.  We got em exclusively... Rhpd3c10

The intake port architecture is D3 with additional width at the pushrod pinches and shor turn radii.
Chamber is 95 cc's as cast.
Hard seats both intake and exhaust.

As cast exhaust port does 180
Some clean up takes it to 193
three angle seat takes it to 200
Large valve and porting takes it to 230 @ .600 and 240 @ .700"

For more information

http://www.reincarnation-automotive.com/RHPD3Index.html

By the way the intake port works night and day better than the procomp with regard to flow bias.
350 cfm right off of the porting bench with a 2.2" valve.
As cast flow rates are similar to an oem D3

I would be quite surprised if these castings didnt support every bit of 750 HP + in a max effort truck pulling combo

cheers

Last edited by The Mad Porter on April 6th 2010, 12:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Mad Porter
The Mad Porter

http://www.reincarnation-automotive.com

Back to top Go down

Replacement D3 castings with updated exhaust ports... Check it out.  We got em exclusively... Empty Re: Replacement D3 castings with updated exhaust ports... Check it out. We got em exclusively...

Post  schmitty April 6th 2010, 12:22 am

Way Cool .
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Replacement D3 castings with updated exhaust ports... Check it out.  We got em exclusively... Empty Re: Replacement D3 castings with updated exhaust ports... Check it out. We got em exclusively...

Post  dfree383 April 6th 2010, 3:04 am

Wow impressive...
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon April 6th 2010, 5:03 am

You DA Man Scotty Shocked Cool Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug April 6th 2010, 6:41 am

Looks Dang Nice Scotty

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs April 6th 2010, 9:26 am

Thats.........AMAZING!!! Shocked

.... how much What a Face

wonder what a C9 port would do or would the side wall water jacket get in the way on a C9?
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  The Mad Porter April 6th 2010, 12:53 pm

Maddmattmustangs wrote:Thats.........AMAZING!!! Shocked

wonder what a C9 port would do or would the side wall water jacket get in the way on a C9?

These are completely new and revised castings. Try to make a C9 port look like this and you will see a whole bunch of water !!!

Given equal static c/r these castings will out perform a fully ported passenger car iron head either early or late. Not only does the exhaust port flow much better but it is quiet with little turbulence.

Cool
The Mad Porter
The Mad Porter

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs April 6th 2010, 1:54 pm

The Mad Porter wrote:

These are completely new and revised castings. Try to make a C9 port look like this and you will see a whole bunch of water !!!

Given equal static c/r these castings will out perform a fully ported passenger car iron head either early or late. Not only does the exhaust port flow much better but it is quiet with little turbulence.

Cool

Good to know theres little turbulence Cool

so on a well preped solid roller with 10.5 or 11:1 compression could make some real serious power
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  The Mad Porter April 6th 2010, 2:52 pm

Maddmattmustangs wrote:
The Mad Porter wrote:

Cool

Good to know theres little turbulence Cool

so on a well preped solid roller with 10.5 or 11:1 compression could make some real serious power

Yes...

The flow numbers are preliminary and with further R&D will improve...

Cool
The Mad Porter
The Mad Porter

Back to top Go down

Post  95lightiningguy April 6th 2010, 7:14 pm

Hmm how much would I have to shave off to make 9.5:1 c/r with my 22cc pistons or should I just stick with my doves?
95lightiningguy
95lightiningguy

Back to top Go down

Post  The Mad Porter April 6th 2010, 8:23 pm

95lightiningguy wrote:Hmm how much would I have to shave off to make 9.5:1 c/r with my 22cc pistons or should I just stick with my doves?

C/R calcs with the castings decked to 88 cc's and 22 cc piston dish at 0 deck is 8.8 to 1.
15 cc dish is 9.2 to 1
Flat top with 4 cc valve relief 10.3

Cool
The Mad Porter
The Mad Porter

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf April 6th 2010, 9:16 pm

Hey Scotty if you were going to go to all that trouble how come you didn't do an iron SCJ head instead? Is there restrictions in truck classes that require the passenger head or something?

Just curious,
Jason

Btw, I think it is great that there are more BBF head options so kudos for the hard work.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett April 6th 2010, 9:18 pm

Nice for us iron head guys. Now ya gotta work on a casting with 72cc chambers and them ports.... Very Happy
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 April 6th 2010, 9:22 pm

I wouldn't mind a set for a street project I have but damn for that kind of money I'll do aluminum................... affraid
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs April 6th 2010, 9:23 pm

kjett wrote:Nice for us iron head guys. Now ya gotta work on a casting with 72cc chambers and them ports.... Very Happy

Amen!
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  The Mad Porter April 6th 2010, 10:18 pm

jasonf wrote:Hey Scotty if you were going to go to all that trouble how come you didn't do an iron SCJ head instead? Is there restrictions in truck classes that require the passenger head or something?

Just curious,
Jason

Btw, I think it is great that there are more BBF head options so kudos for the hard work.

As i stated earlier, I didnt design the head. I found the supply, negotiated terms, did R&D and found them to be quite suitable for performance use. Given the current cost of iron cj heads I feel that the costs are reasonable. This is especially true when you factor in the cost of purchasing a pair of Doves, rebuilding, outfitting and porting them. Had i started with a clean sheet i would certainly done a few things differently.

I just wanted there to be another choice for folks out there who need a casting like these be it for a truck, motorhome, street machine or class restricted racing...
The majority of iron heads I sell are for 500 HP and down combos. I am trying to fill a need by bringing these to light.

Cool
The Mad Porter
The Mad Porter

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf April 7th 2010, 12:09 am

Cool, thanks.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  mitch April 8th 2010, 7:55 am

I wonder if I could sneak these buy the inspectors as OEM stock on a pulling truck? Twisted Evil

mitch

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 April 8th 2010, 8:38 am

mitch wrote:I wonder if I could sneak these buy the inspectors as OEM stock on a pulling truck? Twisted Evil

I wouldn't think so, No numbers and Flat Ends.......CJ and PI Stuff is still the ticket IMO
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power April 8th 2010, 10:23 am

Dang Scotty! Those are some well done ports. I've heard that if the intake ports are too smooth, you will get a wet a/f ratio. True? Suspect
I'm trying to do a port job on my D0VE-C heads, so should I make the intakes smoother or rougher?
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs April 8th 2010, 10:41 am

bb429power wrote:Dang Scotty! Those are some well done ports. I've heard that if the intake ports are too smooth, you will get a wet a/f ratio. True? Suspect
I'm trying to do a port job on my D0VE-C heads, so should I make the intakes smoother or rougher?

on the heads ive ported, i have always had the best luck making the runner slightly coarse but polishing the bowl area. seemed to keep the A/F ratio happy when tuning time came. Scotty feel free to chime in Very Happy
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  The Mad Porter April 8th 2010, 12:00 pm

Maddmattmustangs wrote:
bb429power wrote:Dang Scotty! Those are some well done ports. I've heard that if the intake ports are too smooth, you will get a wet a/f ratio. True? Suspect

on the heads ive ported, i have always had the best luck making the runner slightly coarse but polishing the bowl area. seemed to keep the A/F ratio happy when tuning time came. Scotty feel free to chime in Very Happy

While the exhaust can benefit from a smooth wall surface to help keep carbon from accumulating the intake side should be left rough to keep fuel from sheeting/ flowing along the port floors and walls. A rough port surface will help put fuel back in suspension.

Pretty polished ports are simply a cosmetic sales tactic for the uneducated consumers of cylinder heads.

Shape is the ticket. I have flowed both ways and there is not any flow advantage to a smooth highly polished port surface. It just simply looks pleasing to the eye. I have special stones and diamond cut burrs to leave the final finish on my castings...

Very Happy
The Mad Porter
The Mad Porter

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs April 8th 2010, 12:04 pm

The Mad Porter wrote:
Maddmattmustangs wrote:

While the exhaust can benefit from a smooth wall surface to help keep carbon from accumulating the intake side should be left rough to keep fuel from sheeting/ flowing along the port floors and walls. A rough port surface will help put fuel back in suspension.

Pretty polished ports are simply a cosmetic sales tactic for the uneducated consumers of cylinder heads.

Shape is the ticket. I have flowed both ways and there is not any flow advantage to a smooth highly polished port surface. It just simply looks pleasing to the eye. I have special stones and diamond cut burrs to leave the final finish on my castings...

Very Happy

good to know. glad to know that i dont need to bother with the headache of the bowl area polishing. cheers
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down