BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford 598 Pump Gas Street / Strip Motor

+16
richter69
kim
John Myrick
the Coug
Lem Evans
schmitty
bigblok2000ranger
bbf-falcon
dirt_worker
dfree383
DanH
cool40
jbozzelle
rmcomprandy
Wheelie58
CHARLIEB
20 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Ford 598 Pump Gas Street / Strip Motor  - Page 4 Empty Re: Ford 598 Pump Gas Street / Strip Motor

Post  CDMBill July 25th 2012, 11:53 pm

BTW the 1014 HP in the video title was on the fancy VP MS 109 stuff. We backed up to 1007 on pump gas. And in the car its less than that due to the full exhaust system and headers that fit the car.

CDMBill

Back to top Go down

Ford 598 Pump Gas Street / Strip Motor  - Page 4 Empty Re: Ford 598 Pump Gas Street / Strip Motor

Post  c.evans July 26th 2012, 1:36 am

Thank you Bill for the kind words. I agree 100% with Lem that what we have done for you is a drop in the bucket compared to what you've done for yourself.

As for the heads, I am just finishing up a set of the TFS A-460 18 bolt BBF 3X castings for a high end customer in Arkansas and we are using the 2.400 titanium intakes and the 1.880" titanium exhausts like you suggested. He's also getting the latest W.W. Engineering 1.8 shaft rocker arms with the new one piece intake stand that runs the full length of the head. For endurance benefits he opted for the full needle bearing roller tip option, not the bushing deal. He also went with the ARP 2000 series bolt upgrade and the max lightening with side profiling.

I further agree that the "gentle" verses "radical" cam lobe profile can make or break the longevity of the roller lifters and the valve train. Like you said the roller lifters and valve springs are consumable items in terms of engine maintence. I am constantly amazed at the guys who show up at a race and do not have the tools or capablity to change valve springs at the track, or even have spares.

The bigger .903/.904" Mopar body lifter certainly helps improve the life of the roller lifters, because it allows the .815" diameter roller wheel, verses the .750" diameter in a .875" Ford roller lifter.

Again Bill, you're certainly to be commended for your hard work and efforts. Very Happy

Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4