BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front Spring Rate

3 posters

Go down

Front Spring Rate Empty Front Spring Rate

Post  512Fairlane July 29th 2012, 10:08 pm

I'm running fox body Strange struts with QA1 250lb springs on the front of the Fairlane (3450 lbs with me). I've got ladder bars with double adj. Afco rear shocks mounted in front of the rear axle (150 lb springs). This thing hooks fine on a good track but with all the midwest heat this year I haven't been on a good track yet. Thinking of getting lighter front springs to store a litte more energy and maybe transfer weight quicker. What do you think 175 lbs/in or 200 lbs/in? My struts are attached to Granada spindles so they are a little farther inboard than on typical fox body spindles. I'm at 3 clicks from full loose right now. Front springs are QA1 14" long. Around 11" at ride height. Here's a video from earlier in the year when it was hooking a little better. http://www.flickr.com/photos/512fairlane/7104941857/in/photostream
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Front Spring Rate Empty Re: Front Spring Rate

Post  whatbumper July 29th 2012, 11:52 pm

Double adjustable rears? If so give them a click or two on rebound side and call it done. The front looks fine. Front is coming down too fast in my opinion.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  512Fairlane July 30th 2012, 12:34 am

Double adj. Afcos in the rear. For this pass they were at 6 clicks from full soft rebound and 14 clicks from full soft compression. Should I soften the compression of the rears to keep the front up longer? I think you are saying to tighten the rebound correct? Thanks.

512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper July 30th 2012, 9:17 am

If you tighten the rebound it will try to keep the front from coming down.

This is just easier than buying stuff if you have the ability to try it out. Just go out to your car and push the back down and watch the rate it comes back up. Then tighten it a click or two and do the same thing. It will be much slower. In my opinion the front of your car looks okay for now. With good shocks and struts the only thing the springs should do is hold the car up when it is sitting still pretty much.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE July 31st 2012, 12:13 am

whatbumper wrote:.......This is just easier than buying stuff if you have the ability to try it out........

X2

Why not play with all the available front/rear shock/strut valving adjustment window first before spending any money on new springs.

In the video it looks to me like it's damn near a 100% dead-hooked launch on that pass.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down