BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what kind of setup you guys running waterpump wise an fittings or regular hose with clamps ??

+10
56Tbird
514Fox87
nitro717
Larry Williams
IDT-572
the great pumpkin
richter69
Barney
dfree383
5pointslow
14 posters

Go down

what kind of setup you guys running waterpump wise an fittings or regular hose with clamps ?? Empty what kind of setup you guys running waterpump wise an fittings or regular hose with clamps ??

Post  5pointslow August 28th 2012, 1:48 pm

what kind of setup you guys running waterpump wise an fittings or regular hose with clamps ??

looking at getting a electric water pump and gonna get a radiator and fan setup as well , but i see some guys run an fittings and i have seen the reguar hose and clamp ,

if someone has any ideas or a direction on this would be helpful and i am using front plate also if that matters

thanks
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

what kind of setup you guys running waterpump wise an fittings or regular hose with clamps ?? Empty Re: what kind of setup you guys running waterpump wise an fittings or regular hose with clamps ??

Post  dfree383 August 28th 2012, 1:54 pm

I run regular hose and clamps on my mustang, been thinking about changing everything to AN
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

what kind of setup you guys running waterpump wise an fittings or regular hose with clamps ?? Empty Re: what kind of setup you guys running waterpump wise an fittings or regular hose with clamps ??

Post  5pointslow August 28th 2012, 1:58 pm

is there any gains or rules to it or just preference ?
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney August 28th 2012, 2:15 pm

I dont think there are any rules, just seems safer.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 28th 2012, 3:19 pm

AN fittings here......but I'm a Basketball
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  the great pumpkin August 28th 2012, 4:14 pm

Just remember you can go to any parts store and get hoses and clamps.more then likely other racers will have a hose or clamps as well.the an fittings are nice but over tighten them and you may have a problem.problem being is do you have a spair. Sad
the great pumpkin
the great pumpkin

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 August 28th 2012, 5:35 pm

the great pumpkin wrote:Just remember you can go to any parts store and get hoses and clamps.more then likely other racers will have a hose or clamps as well.the an fittings are nice but over tighten them and you may have a problem.problem being is do you have a spair. Sad

I think I saw you guys at Byron this last weekend............
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Williams August 28th 2012, 5:43 pm

an fittings on both cars
Larry Williams
Larry Williams

Back to top Go down

Post  nitro717 August 28th 2012, 8:21 pm

you ever end up pressurizing your system it will blow a regular hose off...i know of a guy this happened to and ended on his lid.
nitro717
nitro717

Back to top Go down

Post  514Fox87 August 28th 2012, 9:28 pm

Summit Racing SUM-390036 - Summit RacingĀ® Stainless Steel Flexible Hoses. Check these out I have had good luck with them.
514Fox87
514Fox87

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird August 28th 2012, 11:52 pm

I put a AN fitting on my top hose this year going into a rubber hose at the radiator. If I ever have to replace my radiator I will go to all AN lines. I like them alot better myself.
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 29th 2012, 12:32 am

5pointslow wrote:is there any gains or rules to it or just preference ?

The AN Stuff is better IMO But it is alot more expensive.

on the flip side the regular stuff lasts for years and is use on all OEM stuff.... So....... IMO Nothing but some safety to be gained and the AN stuff does look cool.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDave65 August 29th 2012, 12:54 am

All A-N stuff on my car. Never have to worry about it.
BigDave65
BigDave65

Back to top Go down

Post  darren August 30th 2012, 7:00 pm

What size AN fittings are you all running for radiator hose
darren
darren

Back to top Go down

Post  John Myrick August 30th 2012, 7:18 pm

darren wrote:What size AN fittings are you all running for radiator hose

I'm using -16
John Myrick
John Myrick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 30th 2012, 7:39 pm

2 -10's going in and one -12 coming out, the fitting on top of the radiator is a -10 with a -10 to -12 adapter. I also use the smaller 20gpm pump.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle August 31st 2012, 9:09 pm

I use a CSR water crossover, Shogun remote pump, -10 lines and a dual pass Scirocco style Griffin radiator.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  darren August 31st 2012, 10:58 pm

I set mine up with -16 hoses ,csr pump and a jegs aluminum radiator,
so i was wondering if -16 is to small diameter hose for a street car
darren
darren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down