BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

radiator combos you guys are running and reccommend for fox

+9
stanggt
dfree383
Mark Miller
Mustang-junky
Barney
rmcomprandy
Doug Rahn
bruno
5pointslow
13 posters

Go down

radiator combos you guys are running and reccommend for fox  Empty radiator combos you guys are running and reccommend for fox

Post  5pointslow May 24th 2012, 2:31 pm

looking to get a radiator fan combo for fox drag car

if it matters iron headed engine

was looking at the ron davis stuff looked good , but was wondering i see some have pressure caps and some dont , also some outlets are stock style hose and some are pipe fittings

what are your guys opinions on this ?

Thanks
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

radiator combos you guys are running and reccommend for fox  Empty Re: radiator combos you guys are running and reccommend for fox

Post  bruno May 24th 2012, 2:40 pm

im running a fluidyne, with a dual fan setup

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

radiator combos you guys are running and reccommend for fox  Empty Re: radiator combos you guys are running and reccommend for fox

Post  5pointslow May 24th 2012, 2:47 pm

reg hose style outlets or fittings?
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 24th 2012, 2:53 pm

5pointslow wrote:reg hose style outlets or fittings?

yes reg hose style

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn May 24th 2012, 4:43 pm

I have a custom deal made for me by PRC. It's larger than the standard Fox stuff with AN fittings, and I used two pusher fans in the front with mounting brackets I made myself.

Early photo during the build.
radiator combos you guys are running and reccommend for fox  Acc5
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 24th 2012, 6:17 pm

Lot's of cars of all brands, (street ... street / strip ... racing), around here use the aluminum radiators for asphalt oval track racing available from HOWE RACING and other places.
Of course Howe Racing is in the middle of lower Michigan so, that may have a lot to do with where they come from but, I am sure there are vendors of oval track stuff all over the country.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney May 24th 2012, 6:21 pm

I run a griffin with dual pullers and traditional hoses, but wil
Be switching to -16an and stainless for safety asap
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mustang-junky May 24th 2012, 8:27 pm

If you don't mind being made in China, these are real nice and dirt cheep.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Row-w-o-EOC-w-TOC-All-Aluminum-Radiator-2-3-5-0-2-4-3-3-3-8-L4-L6-V6-V8-/290712502995?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AMustang&vxp=mtr&hash=item43afd0c2d3#ht_4172wt_932

I bought one recently for $125 shipped from these people, it came in two days.

Jess
Mustang-junky
Mustang-junky

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller May 25th 2012, 12:45 am

rmcomprandy wrote:Lot's of cars of all brands, (street ... street / strip ... racing), around here use the aluminum radiators for asphalt oval track racing available from HOWE RACING and other places.
Of course Howe Racing is in the middle of lower Michigan so, that may have a lot to do with where they come from but, I am sure there are vendors of oval track stuff all over the country.

I'm using a Howe 19"X31" Radiator in my 89 Mustang with a 466 BBF.I'm also using a waterpump driven 15" Mechanical Fan.I also have a 12" or 14" Electric Fan in the front of the Radiator for when i'm driving at slow speeds.

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 May 25th 2012, 3:56 am

I'm running a regular aluminum fox fit rad with std hoses and dual electric fans.

dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow May 25th 2012, 6:23 am

whats the deal with pusher and puller fans , i understand the diff but whats the gain between the two ? is it space ?
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 May 25th 2012, 7:03 am

Have 2 pulling, other than space I can see no advantage to pushing.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  stanggt May 25th 2012, 8:44 am

dfree383 wrote:Have 2 pulling, other than space I can see no advantage to pushing.
my car was set-up with a Griffin aluminum rad and a pusher,it consistantly got hot at slow speeds. Switched it around to pull and it was fixed.IMO pulling is much better if u have the room.
stanggt
stanggt

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper May 25th 2012, 9:42 am

We don't run them. Couple gallons of ice water and a small bilge pump in tank. Lines straight to heads. Oil heater on pan. Burn out at 50-55° get back to pits around 120-125°. This was the last nitrous car running mid 5's with the SBF.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 25th 2012, 9:48 am

whatbumper wrote:We don't run them. Couple gallons of ice water and a small bilge pump in tank. Lines straight to heads. Oil heater on pan. Burn out at 50-55° get back to pits around 120-125°. This was the last nitrous car running mid 5's with the SBF.

alum. or steel rods ?

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  studly May 25th 2012, 11:22 am

Ron Davis with AN fittings no problems here
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper May 25th 2012, 3:59 pm

bruno wrote:
whatbumper wrote:We don't run them. Couple gallons of ice water and a small bilge pump in tank. Lines straight to heads. Oil heater on pan. Burn out at 50-55° get back to pits around 120-125°. This was the last nitrous car running mid 5's with the SBF.

alum. or steel rods ?

Aluminum. 180 oil temp

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 25th 2012, 4:44 pm

I'll be doing an ice tank this winter, I just tossed the radiator back in for now due to lack of time.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  GTmustang May 26th 2012, 7:14 am

I run a dual SPAL puller fan setup (same as BeCool) I got off ebay and a BeCool fox body aluminum radiator that I got directly from BeCool. BeCool built the radiator for me with a larger 1 1/2" inlet and a 1 3/4" outlet to better match up with my BB. Best part was they sold it to me for less than the normal retail price!

GTmustang
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down