BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ON THIS DATE 2001

+10
jasonf
Barney
Darrin Gorham
dfree383
bbf-falcon
richter69
dr's wife racing
D's557BBF
psfracer
blown86hallet
14 posters

Go down

ON THIS DATE 2001 Empty ON THIS DATE 2001

Post  blown86hallet September 11th 2012, 11:48 am

Where were you?
What were you doing.

I was living in Cali going to school at night and working full time ( installing cabinets)...

I was in a new home installing cabinets, when it came in over the radio.. I thought this was a joke, ( no way this is real) walked outside the house ( along with all the other workers) I don't think any-one continued working that day? Most freaky feeling came over me <<NOT A SOUND, dead quiet (very freaky in today's world ).. Not a plane flying, not a car driving NOTHING but birds.. Cali shut down! People on the roof tops looking, people glued to their TVs. Just the strangest thing But the cell phones were going crazy!!!..

remember it like it was yesterday.
And I can't remember what I ate last night!
blown86hallet
blown86hallet

Back to top Go down

ON THIS DATE 2001 Empty Re: ON THIS DATE 2001

Post  psfracer September 11th 2012, 11:56 am

I was in CA also, I remember I turned on the TV early in the morning as I do while I get ready to go to work. The first plane had already hit the 1st tower, and there was confusion by the news exactly what kind of plane was it? No one knew. So while I was watching, I saw the second plane hit the second tower live on TV--and at that point I knew (as well as everyone else) that we were under attack. I turned to my wife and said, get the fighter jets in the air now and ground every aircraft.

For whatever reason, I still left and went to work, and heard live on the radio while driving both towers collapse. Arrived at work, stayed a couple hours as everyone was glued to the TV, then we were all sent home.

I remember the whole day clearly, just like when the space shuttle Challenger blew up.

Last edited by psfracer on September 11th 2012, 1:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
psfracer
psfracer

http://www.psfracer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  D's557BBF September 11th 2012, 12:06 pm

I was right here at working watching it all on TV, I remember TELLING my boss "I'm going to go get my kids from school because I don't know what this day is going to bring" He just looked at me and said see you tomorrow.

So much has changed around here since that day. We had two shifts working in this Lab consisting of 30 people. Now we have one shift and only four of us are left! Shocked
D's557BBF
D's557BBF

Back to top Go down

Post  blown86hallet September 11th 2012, 12:37 pm

D's557BBF wrote:
So much has changed around here since that day. We had two shifts working in this Lab consisting of 30 people. Now we have one shift and only four of us are left! Shocked

due to how much you make...! No wonder why you can't get a free CELL PHONE!
blown86hallet
blown86hallet

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing September 11th 2012, 12:40 pm

I was at work to.I work on a psychiatric unit.It was not hard to tell the sick one's from the one's there with some other type of motivation.We were not able to leave work due to the nature of what we do.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 11th 2012, 12:41 pm

I was just getting to work at the ford dealership, late as usual.

I replaced head gaskets on a 5.4 as we didnt have much diesel work back in those days.

I do recall several gas stations in town charging 8 bucks a gallon for fuel......... everyone who bought that crap got a refund later that week.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  blown86hallet September 11th 2012, 12:45 pm

richter69 wrote:I was just getting to work at the ford dealership, late as usual.

I replaced head gaskets on a 5.4 as we didnt have much diesel work back in those days.

I do recall several gas stations in town charging 8 bucks a gallon for fuel......... everyone who bought that crap got a refund later that week.

Not much diesel work....? That's correct, 7.3L days....

By god 2003 was a change for you!!!
blown86hallet
blown86hallet

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 11th 2012, 12:57 pm

I was home in the shop ,had the radio on.My daughter stopped by crying and said,Dad,whats going too happen now? I said honey its not gonna be good. Shocked

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 September 11th 2012, 2:08 pm

Was In my office working on a proposals, my secretary came and said a plane hit a building. A few of us went to a conference room and started watching the news....... Then the second one hit..... I couldn't believe what I had saw.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Darrin Gorham September 11th 2012, 2:55 pm

@Boeing building 757's listening to the radio, not much work got done that day!

Darrin Gorham

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney September 11th 2012, 3:10 pm

I was at work, at that time I was a technician for the company I work for know. Was going from customer to customer watching it unfold on Tv by the end of the day gas had went form 1.80 a gallon to 6 a gallon and was in a state of shock as to what was happening.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf September 11th 2012, 5:37 pm

I was offshore in the Gulf of Mexico sleeping (night shift). A guy came and woke me up to tell me about it. I told him "yeah right". Then I flew home a month later on 10/11. There was no brown people to be found in any airports then.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  blown86hallet September 11th 2012, 5:45 pm

jasonf wrote:I was offshore in the Gulf of Mexico sleeping (night shift). A guy came and woke me up to tell me about it. I told him "yeah right". Then I flew home a month later on 10/11. There was no brown people to be found in any airports then.

I didn't want to go there, but,,,,,, (you opened it up) ask anyone in Mi, most of the ($*&#$@*#&) people here were gone, hiding, missing etc......

To top it off, some of them CHEERED in the streets when the planes hit the towers,
blown86hallet
blown86hallet

Back to top Go down

Post  racnrick September 11th 2012, 7:24 pm

My wife and I were in Reno getting married, we woke up that morning to get ready to go to the chapel, seen it on TV, watched the 2nd plane hit.

Two of our friends flew down for the weekend to stand up for us, after that happened, they shut down the airports, we tried getting them on a bus, train, a rental car, even tried to rent a U-haul, could not find anything for them. Was told by Amtrack if they could get to San Franciso, they could get back to Seattle then. My Bride of about 24 hours and I decided to forget our honeymoon and drive our friends back to Seattle on Saturday and Sunday, since we had went down in our motorhome.

racnrick

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper September 11th 2012, 8:10 pm

I was an apprentice running a shovel trenching in some cable, went to the hotel for lunch and saw what had happened.
I used to get searched ("random security scan") every time I flew but that had changed already after the shoe bomber guy. Never been searched since. Security became suspicious of middle eastern people then, but now everyone on the plane is suspicious of them
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty September 11th 2012, 8:27 pm

On that day, it was a calm day and I was feeding calves in our feedlot, and tarping the silage pile. Went back to the farm to clean up and go to a large farm show that is held every year about 70 miles from where I live. My mother in law had the TV on and we were sitting there in awe watching it all unfold. We went to the farm show which usually hosts thousands of farmers and vendors, and all of the conversations were definately not farm related that day. I remember it vividly. Sad
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave September 11th 2012, 9:25 pm

Was working nights at the time and was near the end of the shift. Listening to the radio I heard the news, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Denise called and told me of an airplane that crashed into the Trade Center building. Upon arriving at the terminal, I docked and parked the truck, hurriedly ran into the service center planning to ask if anyone heard of this. Everyone one at work was in front of the TV in the break room. I could not believe what was happening and how could it be happening! I pulled up a chair and watched in absolute amazement. Then I saw a window drifting down the side of the building, then another and another. Oh my God, those aren't windows, it's people jumping from the burning building! As tears rolled down my cheeks, I wondered, it must be absolute dyer for those people to take such action. A sad and unbelievable day for sure.

God be with those people who perished within the building and those who gave their lives simply doing their job.

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down