BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2001 F250 Powerstroke Question.

2 posters

Go down

2001 F250 Powerstroke Question. Empty 2001 F250 Powerstroke Question.

Post  LivermoreDave October 28th 2009, 8:09 am

If I remember correctly we have several top Ford diesel mechanics on board, and if so I have a question, if I may?

I'm attempting to replace the fuel gauge sending unit (rheostat only) of my F250, which is located in the tank as part of the tank unit. My question is, what is the electrical value of the Ford rheostat (ohms)? I have located a company (TriStarr) which offers rheostats of different electrical values, although I'm not positive of which will operate (electrically) in my F250's environment, if any!

Also, if you guys (or gals) have information as to another option to correct the faulty sending unit, other than purchasing a "complete tank unit" I would very much appreciate that information as well. If no alternatives are available, I will have to re-install the tank without the sending unit, cut a hole in the top of the tank, plug the hole with a cork and gauge the level of fuel with a yard stick! I find it hard to swallow the near $500 price tag of a complete, new unit!

Thanks in advance,
Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

2001 F250 Powerstroke Question. Empty Re: 2001 F250 Powerstroke Question.

Post  richter69 October 28th 2009, 8:16 am

I'll see if I can find the values, to my knowledge the only repair for the assy is to replace it.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down