BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ranchero @ Castrol Raceway in Edmonton

+3
John Myrick
Curt
Ranch71460
7 posters

Go down

Ranchero @ Castrol Raceway in Edmonton Empty Ranchero @ Castrol Raceway in Edmonton

Post  Ranch71460 September 16th 2012, 9:52 am

I trailered 3 hours to Edmonton Friday night for their street car night. It was my first time there and it's a great facility running under the IHRA banner.
Almost immediatly a diesel truck oiled the track from the 60' to the stripe...1 1/2 hour delay. There was one other small oil down delay, a broken axle and a transmission issue. I only managed 2 runs. Track prep was only so - so. My best run was was an 11.99 @ 113.35 with a 1.73 60' at a 4000 ft. DA.
At least the car looks good in the vid:
Ranchero @ Castrol Raceway in Edmonton Th_CastrolRacewayEdmontonSept142012007
Ranch71460
Ranch71460

Back to top Go down

Ranchero @ Castrol Raceway in Edmonton Empty Re: Ranchero @ Castrol Raceway in Edmonton

Post  Curt September 16th 2012, 11:14 am

I know that you haven't paid your dues for my annual coaching and mentoring program, but you should probably roll past the bleach box before you start your burnout. Smile It could eliminate some erratic 60 ft's.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Ranchero @ Castrol Raceway in Edmonton Empty Re: Ranchero @ Castrol Raceway in Edmonton

Post  John Myrick September 16th 2012, 11:37 am

Curt wrote:I know that you haven't paid your dues for my annual coaching and mentoring program, but you should probably roll past the bleach box before you start your burnout. Smile It could eliminate some erratic 60 ft's.

What is the reasoning for that Curt ?
( trying to learn here )
John Myrick
John Myrick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn September 16th 2012, 11:55 am

I noticed that too Ken. I always pull out about 6-8 ft past the water box... Plus, you might just want to leave the tailgate up as well. When they're left down, it creates an air pocket at the rear of the vehicle beneath the tailgate and creates drag, where with the tailgate up, anything over about 40 mph or so, the bed fills with air, making kind of a natural tonneau cover... Or leave it off altogether... The 'Chero's looking good by the way...
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice September 16th 2012, 12:55 pm

John Myrick wrote:
Curt wrote:I know that you haven't paid your dues for my annual coaching and mentoring program, but you should probably roll past the bleach box before you start your burnout. Smile It could eliminate some erratic 60 ft's.

( trying to learn here )

Keeps from slinging water up in the wheel well and then dripping on the tires or track after your burnout.

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice September 16th 2012, 12:56 pm

double post......

Last edited by TravisRice on September 16th 2012, 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : double post)

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 16th 2012, 12:56 pm

If you stay in the water and do your burnout,you are slinging all that water up in your wheel wells and its dripping down on your slicks while you are staging. Then guess what happens next? Shocked

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 16th 2012, 12:57 pm

Damn Travis,you treed me bro Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  John Myrick September 16th 2012, 1:00 pm

Crap....never even thought about that

Thanks guys
John Myrick
John Myrick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt September 16th 2012, 1:13 pm

John Myrick wrote:

( trying to learn here )

Yeah, what they said! ^^^^^^^^ Sorry, I left my post.
Ranchero @ Castrol Raceway in Edmonton Soldier
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Ranchero @ Castrol Raceway in Edmonton Empty Castrol

Post  Mark Laczo September 16th 2012, 8:11 pm

I was working but quite a few buddys were up there running. As soon as the track got oiled down, they packed up. I guess they raced until 1am or so. When I went on Aug.17 they raced until 2:30am and no oil downs so it was a real good nite.

Mark
Mark Laczo
Mark Laczo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranch71460 September 16th 2012, 10:29 pm

I'll try rolling past the burnout box next time. They usually have us stop right in it.
Doug, the tailgate on a Ranchero leans forward, unlike a truck's verticle one. In the '70's I had a '70 Ranchero that I used to tow my Mustang to the drags with.
On the highway (when not towing) at about 70mph I could feel the wind buffeting the back of the truck. It drove smooth with it down.
My sixty foots are usually around 1.64 - 1.66 on a better prepped track.
Ranch71460
Ranch71460

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down