BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kooks headers

+2
cool40
95 COBRA
6 posters

Go down

Kooks headers Empty Kooks headers

Post  95 COBRA October 20th 2012, 1:42 pm

I'm putting a BBF in my 95 car and was wondering how Kooks headers fit there car? It's an A-headed motor with motor plates. Thanks in advance

95 COBRA

Back to top Go down

Kooks headers Empty Re: Kooks headers

Post  cool40 October 20th 2012, 8:31 pm

i saw a long thread over on YB you may want to look at. Idea
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno October 20th 2012, 9:11 pm

a head deal , get them custom built

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 October 20th 2012, 10:55 pm

What Bruno said....... The a460 headers are a PITA.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  95 COBRA October 21st 2012, 8:23 am

That bad ? I'm switching from a sbf and my 2" headers were'nt too bad. I would like to get a custom made set, but some of the est were double (or more) what Kooks ss were thats all.

95 COBRA

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney October 22nd 2012, 12:24 am

I like my Accufabs, they fit ok and are priced pretty reasonable.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 October 22nd 2012, 12:59 am

95 COBRA wrote: That bad ? I'm switching from a sbf and my 2" headers were'nt too bad. I would like to get a custom made set, but some of the est were double (or more) what Kooks ss were thats all.

Make the tubes 2 1/4 and make the deck height a few inches taller, Yes they are A PITA.

Issues come into play with big headers on Mustangs, not all kits or people put the engine in the same location and cars vary, when you start getting large tubes you loose all your clearance for variations. Small Blocks give you alot more room to play with.

I've use the accufab headers before and they required a whole lot of tweaking in my application.

The custom stuff sounds expensive untill your cutting a $1000+ dollar set of shelf headers apart to get them to fit.

What ever you do, do not buy the shelf stuff coated from the manufacter, fit them first then have them coated.

Last edited by dfree383 on October 28th 2012, 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron95gt October 28th 2012, 8:45 am

I just went thru all that with my 95. Researched for a long time, and tried to leave no stone unturned when trying to figure out the headers. It came down to there is nothing off the shelf that fits, without some tweaking. Atleast not on mine, with the 1.5" k-member sparcers. But custom costs 2k, and you have to keep shipping them back and forth till you get the final product. Unless of course, you have a local guy that builds custom jobs.
The money has been flowing like water on this thing, and I crossed my fingers, ordered a set of Hooker 2" from Holcomb. The guy said if I don't beat them up, he would take them back if they didn't fit.
I have a 523, and considered 2.12" but if you saw how tight these 2" are/were, I'm glad I didn't go bigger.
Mocked all the mess up in the floor, and determined that the combo was "workable" enough to proceed with the $600 hookers. So, I crossed my fingers, sent them off to be nitroplated, then spent a night with an angle grinder. Still no room to spare. But still much cheaper than custom, and didn't have to keep shipping them back and forth to a custom place.

Ron95gt

Back to top Go down

Post  95 COBRA October 28th 2012, 6:44 pm

Hi, another 95 thats cool. I decided to go with the Kooks stainless steel 2 1/8. Were going motor plates and it has a AJE k member. Drew at Kooks said the same thing, if they don't fit I can send them back. DMC chassis is doing the motor plates with the headers so hopefully they can make them work. With any luck we'll know in the first cpl of weeks in dec. On a side note, Charlie Evans did a great job and a fast turn around on my A heads, thank you!

95 COBRA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down