BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need powerglide help

3 posters

Go down

Need powerglide help Empty Need powerglide help

Post  Mudrazer November 27th 2012, 1:28 pm

Hi, I just bought a proline 2500 powerglide trans. From transmission specialties. It already has jw bell on it for bbf. My question is what else do I need to make this work? Do I need powerglide flywheel? Can I still use my flexplate I had with my c6. Tq converter? Thanks for any and all help.

Mudrazer

Back to top Go down

Need powerglide help Empty Re: Need powerglide help

Post  richter69 November 27th 2012, 1:53 pm

I used a JW wheel that fits the bbf crank and the hub adapter that goes with it. the converter is all GM configuration.

I wouldnt have the gm converter fixed to use the std bbf flexplate because now you have a bastard converter thats 10 times tougher to sell.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Mudrazer November 27th 2012, 2:45 pm

richter69 wrote:I used a JW wheel that fits the bbf crank and the hub adapter that goes with it. the converter is all GM configuration.

I wouldnt have the gm converter fixed to use the std bbf flexplate because now you have a bastard converter thats 10 times tougher to sell.
Do you happen to know the part # for that I'm trying to find it online but no luck...

Mudrazer

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 27th 2012, 4:08 pm

I bought mine used lol. The hub adapter was in the jegs book, it did have to be machined down to size to fit correctly.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R November 27th 2012, 7:59 pm

Do you happen to know the part # for that I'm trying to find it online but no luck...[/quote]
Go to the JW site http://www.racewithjw.com/catalog.php it's on page 23 of the on line catalog

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down