BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jegs fuel pump

3 posters

Go down

Jegs fuel pump Empty Jegs fuel pump

Post  tconnection December 13th 2012, 1:47 am

Will a jegs 130 fuel pump crank a 975hp motor and it run and idle good? This would b the first time firing for this motor.
Thanks

tconnection

Back to top Go down

Jegs fuel pump Empty Re: Jegs fuel pump

Post  quick 52 December 13th 2012, 11:23 am

thas a good size pump it should run that run fine. i dont think i would use it for performance but may work aswell. i seen a holley black on a 1000hp dyno pull

quick 52

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 December 13th 2012, 11:46 am

quick 52 wrote:thas a good size pump it should run that run fine. i dont think i would use it for performance but may work aswell. i seen a holley black on a 1000hp dyno pull

Dyno pulling is a whole lot different than moving fuel in an accelerating car.

And to answer to OPs question, look at a better pump, that particular pump is too small for a real 975hp application.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  quick 52 December 13th 2012, 2:51 pm

dfree383 wrote:
quick 52 wrote:thas a good size pump it should run that run fine. i dont think i would use it for performance but may work aswell. i seen a holley black on a 1000hp dyno pull

Dyno pulling is a whole lot different than moving fuel in an accelerating car.

And to answer to OPs question, look at a better pump, that particular pump is too small for a real 975hp application.
just and answer to the op question he ask if it would run it and idle. and was told i dont think I would use it for performance and that i seen a holley on a 1000hp DYNO PULL. if your just driving and cruising with that pump it will work and will idle

quick 52

Back to top Go down

Post  tconnection December 13th 2012, 10:43 pm

Im not trying to get to the track no time soon. This is a brand new motor inside and out and has spent alot of money on it. At this point im wanting to keep money spent to a min till everything wiyh the motor checks out and till i get ready to go to the track.
Thanks

tconnection

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down