BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

any luck with Race Pumps fuel pump ?

+2
dfree383
jc10000rpm
6 posters

Go down

any luck with Race Pumps fuel pump ? Empty any luck with Race Pumps fuel pump ?

Post  jc10000rpm January 22nd 2013, 2:44 am

anyone know of success stories with this pump ?? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rpu-1800/overview/make/ford

jc10000rpm

Back to top Go down

any luck with Race Pumps fuel pump ? Empty Re: any luck with Race Pumps fuel pump ?

Post  dfree383 January 22nd 2013, 3:36 am

I have never seen one used on a BBF.

I can't imagine a pump with that kind of volumn is easy on a fuel pump excentric.

Most people requiring that kind of volumn either use an electric pump or belt driven pump.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

any luck with Race Pumps fuel pump ? Empty Re: any luck with Race Pumps fuel pump ?

Post  bbf-falcon January 22nd 2013, 5:58 am

On a street driven car it would probably work, but on a race car it would steal HP.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  P.Lafferty January 22nd 2013, 9:10 am

Constant problem with vapor lock, spent alot of money trying everything they recommended. ended up sending it back.

P.Lafferty

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy January 22nd 2013, 11:07 am

Used it on a small block Ford street rod with F.I. and it worked fine with a low pressure in tank pump feeding it.
Never tried it on any big blocks.

There are some racing associations which require a mechanical fuel pump and a cable driven one like used in NASCAR is usually way to pricey so, belt driven is the usual norm for high horsepower stuff..

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GaryS January 22nd 2013, 1:57 pm

Bought one in '08 for street 550HP 460 +.030 with QF 750 DP E85 carb. Plunger support housing wouldn't clear a full roller timing chain. Made another Race Pump adapter plate to offset the chain and still contact the cam. Pumped out the top of a ATL 44 gallon fuel cell. Constantly loosing prime or vapor locked. Never park with the front of the car up a hill!!! I always carried a gallon of fuel to prime. Never any issues with high RPM fuel supply or pressure. Bought it for mechanical reliability over electric. After 7500 miles of dicking with it, sold it. Changing to EFI and needed a different system anyway.
GaryS
GaryS

Back to top Go down

Post  jc10000rpm January 25th 2013, 2:06 am

the mechanical drag is amazingly low (according to what i hav read), also reportedly on some other forums and one video i found, the vapor lock problem was resolved by installing a return line with a restrictor jet in it. i was just hoping to find someone that has had recent success without relying on what u hear from the seller.

any more replies would be great

jc10000rpm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down