BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

date is set for 2013 ford race

+40
cool40
Oakley Motorsports
scottke
biglucky
NOS42
the Coug
bluef100fe
HOTRODBLACK
maverick
dfree383
John Myrick
bbf-falcon
richter69
Larry T
bruno
Barney
Art
stangr8cr
hillbillyerv
gdog
Lem Evans
KY JELLY
Moodyblues
jbozzelle
rmcomprandy
61coon
c.evans
Tore
56Tbird
Race Ready Fabrications
dave d
jasonf
Tommyj466
QtrWarrior
crittersf1
Wheelie58
IDT-572
342g
Wes Littrell
79ford pickup
44 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

date is set for 2013 ford race   - Page 4 Empty Re: date is set for 2013 ford race

Post  gdog February 20th 2013, 12:07 pm

Thank you, after all of these years of hard work and self abuse. Yes I said self abuse. It is good to be recognized.
G
gdog
gdog
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

date is set for 2013 ford race   - Page 4 Empty Re: date is set for 2013 ford race

Post  maverick February 20th 2013, 1:10 pm

For those who fear that a rainout might spoil all the fun...not so. While others are occupied with the task of drying the track, one needs look no further than Gordon's pit. What better way to while away the time than a leisurely cruise on the twisty, rain-slicked back roads of rural Kentucky, in an overpowered '70 era hotrod with a large unhinged Pennsylvania yankee at the wheel? Get there early. Tickets will go fast.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Littrell February 20th 2013, 1:43 pm

I usually try to drive on the track and not on the guard rails. It seems to work better for me. Very Happy
Wes Littrell
Wes Littrell

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans February 20th 2013, 2:03 pm

They used Wes's truck to haul those guard rails in there.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bluef100fe February 20th 2013, 2:26 pm

You guys crack me up... I hope this polebilly can make the trip this year.. Its been far too long since I've seen everybody... Lem did I spell polebilly correctly? Lol Im with Wes, I like to drive between the guard rails also. Carry on
bluef100fe
bluef100fe

Back to top Go down

Post  342g February 20th 2013, 3:19 pm

Why can't we just have it like the bash used to be, all this heads up b.s., is just that, b.s., let everyone run the bracket race or, have a fast race and let whoever wants in let them in, whether it's a dragster, or door car, that deal last year was a pain in the butt, to much waiting around, j.m.o.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon February 20th 2013, 3:40 pm

342g wrote:Why can't we just have it like the bash used to be, all this heads up b.s., is just that, b.s., let everyone run the bracket race or, have a fast race and let whoever wants in let them in, whether it's a dragster, or door car, that deal last year was a pain in the butt, to much waiting around, j.m.o.

If Nikky gets involved,it's gonna get complicated and controversal. think i'll just stay home. Rolling Eyes

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug February 20th 2013, 3:46 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:
342g wrote:Why can't we just have it like the bash used to be, all this heads up b.s., is just that, b.s., let everyone run the bracket race or, have a fast race and let whoever wants in let them in, whether it's a dragster, or door car, that deal last year was a pain in the butt, to much waiting around, j.m.o.

If Nikky gets involved,it's gonna get complicated and controversal. think i'll just stay home. Rolling Eyes

I agree Nick is an Idiot but He trys to run the show anyways... you will get invited if You Kiss his Butt or he can beat you. always on his terms...

Rick I think I will go to the lake sounds like more fun anyways... Let Bankrupt run the show...
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 20th 2013, 3:46 pm

because some us could give 2 shits about bracket racing and dang sure not wanna drive across county for it. I know there is whole spirit of the deal............if thats the case just have everyone meet at the f'in park or something and have a g damn picnic...........

The lanes for the bracket claases in TN were thin last year.................just sayin.........

Coug, at least Nick shows up with a car that doesn't have the throttle or shifter linkage fall off before every pass.............. cheers Razz
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird February 20th 2013, 4:27 pm

I won the Q16 race last year,it was fun. But they ran it and the bracket race at the same time. I'd payed for the bracket race too,but didn't get to run it.I may have been able to if I was experiencing starter trouble Rolling Eyes But, I'd be more in favor of a Q16 race with 8 doorcars and 8 dragsters on a dial-in .That way everyone could compete and be competitive.Either way is ok as long as we have a race. cheers king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  79ford pickup February 20th 2013, 4:56 pm

hey guys me and nick has been talking and its pretty well gonna be an open heads up race not an invite deal because alot of people that wanna run in that have sbf basically there is a rule or 2 is all no pro-mod cars or dragesters or pro-stock or anything in that area just so we cover our butts on that and we are gonna have it at a different time then the bracket race so there aint no interference and as far as las year i think nick did a good job we dont get paid for this stuff we do it on our free time so everyone be patient

79ford pickup

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug February 20th 2013, 5:32 pm

56Tbird wrote:I won the Q16 race last year,it was fun. But they ran it and the bracket race at the same time. I'd payed for the bracket race too,but didn't get to run it.I may have been able to if I was experiencing starter trouble Rolling Eyes But, I'd be more in favor of a Q16 race with 8 doorcars and 8 dragsters on a dial-in .That way everyone could compete and be competitive.Either way is ok as long as we have a race. cheers king

Dan you have had very good luck racing at the bash... I wish we didn't have to drive 900+ miles to get there one way..... if it were 100 miles we would be there... you guys are lucky to always be so close to it....

Jon if I remember right we had to Help some guy parked to the right of us Change a starter cuz he was lost I think he drove some crappy looking dark gray mustang with 27 stages of No2 and always parked in the no Parking Zone!
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  NOS42 February 20th 2013, 5:50 pm

richter69 wrote:

because some us could give 2 shits about bracket racing and dang sure not wanna drive across county for it. I know there is whole spirit of the deal............if thats the case just have everyone meet at the f'in park or something and have a g damn picnic...........

The lanes for the bracket claases in TN were thin last year.................just sayin.........

Coug, at least Nick shows up with a car that doesn't have the throttle or shifter linkage fall off before every pass.............. cheers Razz
while I commend you on making your 69 run quick after all these years, and your having fun with your 10sec "grudge" car....I can remeber when you were a pro advocate for bracket racing and always trying to win money all the time....so why now do have to be a dick to the guys that bracket race every week and want to come to the bash and hang and race. I would be willing to bet that the majority on this site are bracket racers....you or Nick (sorry Nick) havent done jack in small tire racing or big tire racing as far as that goes....best you muster up is battling through a field of Chevy's...again I commend you on any small time wins at your local track, but you really need to lighten up on some of these other guys that have a different perspective on racing

or your just joking...just saying
NOS42
NOS42

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Littrell February 20th 2013, 6:02 pm

Like George said the heads up is going to be after the bracket race so it wont be cutting in to that time.Now you can enter in it if you basicly have a ford powered door car that isn't some kind of promod or such.We shouldn't be crunched for time at all, unlike before the regular program at the track is run on fri,so all day sat is ours.We need to quit bickering and just appreciate all the work it takes to put this together.It is supposed to be about having fun doing what we enjoy.
Wes Littrell
Wes Littrell

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 20th 2013, 6:16 pm

NOS42 wrote:
richter69 wrote:

while I commend you on making your 69 run quick after all these years, and your having fun with your 10sec "grudge" car....I can remeber when you were a pro advocate for bracket racing and always trying to win money all the time....so why now do have to be a dick to the guys that bracket race every week and want to come to the bash and hang and race. I would be willing to bet that the majority on this site are bracket racers....you or Nick (sorry Nick) havent done jack in small tire racing or big tire racing as far as that goes....best you muster up is battling through a field of Chevy's...again I commend you on any small time wins at your local track, but you really need to lighten up on some of these other guys that have a different perspective on racing

or your just joking...just saying
not being a dick..........."grudge" car aint no 10 sec deal.........oh wait yes it is... pirat

I'm not taking anything away from bracket racing or racers.........its above my ability.......I'm just sayin its damn sure not for everyone.

richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 20th 2013, 6:19 pm

Coug you wont drive 3.5 hours down here to race so dont use the 900 mile excuse............you cant get off work anyway.

and again I'm not slamming the bracket guys, it was a lot of sarcasm.........but thats just how I roll

and hats off to you guys for putting this on, I'm not trying to bring any negativity to the deal........just make a few valid points to some stuff that was mentioned.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  79ford pickup February 20th 2013, 6:29 pm

hey guys lets all ge along ok either ull be there or not its gonna be a fun day starting on friday morning with T-N-T till 3pm then the tracks regular program that nite u can race if want to then sat morning we will have the bracket race then sat afternoon we will have the heads up race then sat nite we will have a small gamblers this is gonna be a good time so there is no reason for anybody to be getting out of line thanks GK

79ford pickup

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior February 20th 2013, 6:33 pm

X2
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird February 20th 2013, 7:09 pm

I can't blame anybody who's very far away for not attending this race as high as fuel prices are.But, I can't understand why some people want to try to discourage people from attending it if they're not coming? It's a great small track that is affordable enough for some of us to try to get a race for out little Ford Nation here to come and get together. This track is way ahead of Windy Hollow,and I think anyone who comes to this race will agree,and will enjoy their weekend. cheers drunken king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 20th 2013, 7:16 pm

I just come to watch some great Ford powered cars.
In the opinion of a concerned spectator, Just make the heads-up race an "INDEX" race and you can then allow every kind of car as long as it meets the safety rules.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  342g February 20th 2013, 8:01 pm

richter69 wrote:

you said you weren't coming anyway, so why do you care,

More in them, than the heads-up deal

342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans February 20th 2013, 8:20 pm

79ford pickup wrote:hey guys lets all ge along ok either ull be there or not its gonna be a fun day starting on friday morning with T-N-T till 3pm then the tracks regular program that nite u can race if want to then sat morning we will have the bracket race then sat afternoon we will have the heads up race then sat nite we will have a small gamblers this is gonna be a good time so there is no reason for anybody to be getting out of line thanks GK

X 2 and thank you for your efforts George Exclamation I'd also like to thank Wes for his efforts. Very Happy

Some people may not know, or have lost sight of the fact that in the beginning a few years ago, we had some terrific 2 out of 3 match races between the two hard running, wheel standing black pick-up trucks of George Keown's and Wes Litteral's. Because of the trash talk, the furr was standing up on the back of their necks and both men were ready to fight. I had to play referee there in the pits for a while. Wes blew his engine, and when Gentleman Carl Keown offered to split the winners purse with Wes, it was a very kind act. Since then, the two families have become the best of friends and Wes and George sure have each others back, that's for sure.

Now then they are putting on a race at U.S. 60 Dragway in Hardinsburg, KY and are inviting all Ford lovers. There will be a class for you to race in, and maybe even two classes. So you have a choice, either come and race/spectate, or don't come. I'll be there, and I'm willing to help with the purse money. I know many of you are willing to help out also in some shape form or fashion. If you are not willing to pitch in and help then zip it! No need for the bitchers to just be bitching for the sake of bitching.

Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  biglucky February 20th 2013, 8:34 pm

Thanks to the guys that are putting on this event.I am hoping for a big turnout and the possibility of this show being a yearly event.LITSGITIT!!!!!!!!!!
biglucky
biglucky

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior February 20th 2013, 9:04 pm

Ga boyz also want to thank George and Wes.
I know some of this chatter made it seem like we might not appreciate what ya'll are doing..
But we do..
Besides, it gives us a chance to race and visit with our Ky "family"..
And the PA Posse... Cool
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  scottke February 20th 2013, 9:44 pm

Now then they are putting on a race at U.S. 60 Dragway in Hardinsburg, KY and are inviting all Ford lovers. There will be a class for you to race in, and maybe even two classes. So you have a choice, either come and race/spectate, or don't come. I'll be there, and I'm willing to help with the purse money. I know many of you are willing to help out also in some shape form or fashion. If you are not willing to pitch in and help then zip it! No need for the bitchers to just be bitching for the sake of bitching.

Charlie Evans[/quote]

NUFF SAID!!!!!
scottke
scottke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next