BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WON'T MOVE

+6
Maxx Levell
dfree383
richter69
DanH
Frank Merkl
dave d
10 posters

Go down

WON'T   MOVE Empty WON'T MOVE

Post  dave d April 27th 2013, 4:21 pm

I'm in a dilemna Motor's back in new rebuilt c-6 upgrades manual valve body sommax servo "freshend up" rebuit torque converter upgrades anti- balloon plate new bearings check out. Both of these where done by good shops. NOW the problem is it will not move forward or backwards as long as the car is on the ground,if the tires are off the ground they will turn in the direction they are suppose to. IT'S saturday and nobody's open do any of you guys have any idea's that I can check.THANKS in advance for your help DAVE it might be time to have a COLD oNe:cheers:
dave d
dave d

Back to top Go down

WON'T   MOVE Empty Re: WON'T MOVE

Post  Frank Merkl April 27th 2013, 7:48 pm

sounds like someone did something wrong and my crystal ball just doesn't work at this distance
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  dave d April 27th 2013, 8:30 pm

Thanks Frank, this is the same problem that got me at norwalk in oct. It left hard on the launch and then quit moving thought i broke driveshaft, That's why tranny and converter was rebuilt Question
dave d
dave d

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH April 27th 2013, 8:33 pm

fluid level correct? pressue regulater stuck

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 April 27th 2013, 11:28 pm

Frank Merkl wrote:sounds like someone did something wrong and my crystal ball just doesn't work at this distance
Frank

same
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 April 28th 2013, 12:11 am

Shift lever working properly?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dave d April 28th 2013, 7:45 am

Fluid is up and with the tires off the ground the trans with will go thru the gears and neutral ,reverse,tires move just when tires are on the ground it will not go anywhere
dave d
dave d

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxx Levell April 28th 2013, 8:05 am

Any chance when they put the VB in they missed the slot on the mod valve with the shifter arm?
Maxx Levell
Maxx Levell

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 April 28th 2013, 8:39 am

does if have line pressure? something sticking in the valvebody not allowing it to build any?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  goinpostal April 28th 2013, 8:53 am

How is your rear end set up? I had the same symptoms once. It turned out the person who set up my rear end cheaped out and used a mini spool. I sheared the pin in it and it wouldn't move under it's own power, but when the wheels were off the ground it still made enough contact to spin the tires in the right directions when going through the gears.
goinpostal
goinpostal

Back to top Go down

Post  dave d April 28th 2013, 9:24 am

goinpostal wrote:How is your rear end set up? I had the same symptoms once. It turned out the person who set up my rear end cheaped out and used a mini spool. I sheared the pin in it and it wouldn't move under it's own power, but when the wheels were off the ground it still made enough contact to spin the tires in the right directions when going through the gears.

mini spool set up also,when tires were on the ground I tried to turn yoke thinking it was the same deal and could not turn the yoke. Which port do I use to check line pressure
dave d
dave d

Back to top Go down

Post  quick 52 April 28th 2013, 11:47 am

dave d wrote:
goinpostal wrote:How is your rear end set up? I had the same symptoms once. It turned out the person who set up my rear end cheaped out and used a mini spool. I sheared the pin in it and it wouldn't move under it's own power, but when the wheels were off the ground it still made enough contact to spin the tires in the right directions when going through the gears.

mini spool set up also,when tires were on the ground I tried to turn yoke thinking it was the same deal and could not turn the yoke. Which port do I use to check line pressure
check and see if the drive shaft turns when on the ground it take some pretty good pressure to turn a yoke to move a car

quick 52

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl April 28th 2013, 12:55 pm

line pressure port is on the drivers side just in front of the band adjustment bolt - 1/8" pipe thread port
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 April 28th 2013, 1:31 pm

dave d wrote:Thanks Frank, this is the same problem that got me at norwalk in oct. It left hard on the launch and then quit moving thought i broke driveshaft, That's why tranny and converter was rebuilt Question

Like has been said check the rearend out good I agree sounds like the mini spool has gave up.I know when I was buying my parts to build my 9'' I was told to stay away from the mini spool.Even they guy I bought my axles and all my bearing told me not to run a mini spool if I was going to be drag racing.He said that they will not hold up from the abuse of the hard lauching from the starting line and I would more than likely wind up braking the pin.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dave d April 29th 2013, 8:55 am

THANKS GUYS for all your input , tires down put car in gear and watched the driveshaft go around.You don't know how much a relief it was to see that.After having the motor out already once this month the rearend will be a easy fix, already have all the parts to the puzzle take the center section to my cousin later this week and have him put it together for me and then off into the housing it goes should be driving by the weekend THANKS AGAIN:cheers I THINK I'll have a DRINK
dave d
dave d

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 April 29th 2013, 12:06 pm

Alot easier to put the 3rd member than a trans for sure aleast on mine anyhow Glad you found your problem.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon April 29th 2013, 12:13 pm

Mini's are known for that. Put a real spool back in it davey boy. Glad thats all it was. Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  goinpostal April 29th 2013, 4:38 pm

I don't know how many passes you got out of your mini spool but I killed mine the first pass I made with it.
goinpostal
goinpostal

Back to top Go down

Post  dave d April 29th 2013, 4:45 pm

Several seasons but it was behind the 429 ,and about 5 races behind the 545, But NO more full spool going in and hopefully get thru the season with out anymore breakage. Also been shooting 125 shot of go juice so I guess I've been pretty lucky that's it lasted this long
dave d
dave d

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down