BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IS FORD LEAVING NHRA?

+19
cool40
TravisRice
torino501
gdog
rmcomprandy
Lem Evans
Wes Littrell
kim
4thHorseman
Dave C.
Curt
ThndrChkn
bbf-falcon
jpierce55
Moodyblues
maverick
61coon
richter69
Eddie Trone
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

IS FORD LEAVING NHRA? - Page 2 Empty Re: IS FORD LEAVING NHRA?

Post  Wes Littrell July 25th 2013, 9:26 pm

Lem Evans wrote: "Things a normal person could actually own and race."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does a "normal" person build wooden cars?  
What you trying to say Very Happy 
Wes Littrell
Wes Littrell

Back to top Go down

Post  gdog July 25th 2013, 9:58 pm

Does Chevy or Dodge treat "their" race people and I mean from us grassroots guys to top fuel any different?  The fact that "we" won't have car in the race will not change what brand we race or pull or drive.  I guess I'm glad for the support that we get from FoMoCo by way of part availability and dealer network that in most cases works with small time racers.
gdog
gdog
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  torino501 July 26th 2013, 7:32 am

Lem Evans wrote:
richter69 wrote:they still aint mailed my license renewal back........ NHRA can suck my nuts.

Sounds kinky affraid 

Anyway......untill NHRA offers the 7.3L diesel class I'm not watching that crap Evil or Very Mad 
if they where to have a 6.7L class id watch it.between the turbos, ex valves and h/p fuel pumps crappin the bed,those racers would be busy between rounds. id like to go just to listing to all the cussing and swearing.

torino501

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt July 26th 2013, 9:28 am

maverick wrote:
Curt wrote:
maverick wrote:Little guy racing is exciting.  Soap operas are not.  Ditch the electronic throttle stops and give the little guys some exposure.

I guess I'm confused. How does throttle stops affect little guys. This is the only equalizer in any category that isn't pro. If you think it bores the crowd, you have just describe everything except top fuel and out of control overpowered stock body cars. Suspect 

Those NHRA index classes were originally created to allow low-buck guys to compete...after all, how hard is it to build a car capable of a 9.90 e.t.?  Good idea in the beginning, but those class racers have figured out that there's an advantage to being the faster car.  Look at SuperGas now.  How many of us little guys can compete with a pro built, state of the art cusom roadster with 700+ inches of alcohol injected power and space shuttle electronics designed to slow the thing to 9.90...when it's capable printing 7 second time slips like a xerox machine?.

Sure, it's conceivable that a guy could take a 9.90 capable Foxbody and win at SuperGas...it just isn't likely.  I think this is where the "took a knife to a gunfight" metaphor originated.

Bracket racing and Super racing is about running the number. The Advantage of super class is no advantage on the tree. I can guarantee you that a well prepared SG car that will run 9.30s to 9.50s can win more races than one that will run 7s. The only difference is the guy running 7s is typically the better finish line driver that was bored with the slower speeds. If you cut a light and dial your car, its not hard to win a SC race. Our super pro track champion a couple of years ago ran a 7.99-8.02 (1/8th mile) maverick. The next slower car ran 5 teens. He didn't have a problem handing everyones ass to them with a car that he probably had about $10,000 less than the dragsters and roadsters.

The same crowd that leaves the stands for Super Classes, are the same ones that leave for all classes except pro. Out of control stock bodied cars with a high percentage of hitting the wall is about the only chance of getting them back in between rounds. The only reason anything but the circus brings in fans is due to promoting. Wasn't ADRL giving tickets away to anyone that would take them back when they were filling the stands? If you walk the stands at a small tire hit the wall race, you'll find that everyone in the stands knows someone that invited them, of is involved with a race team. After all, it takes a crew of 27 to run a 10.5 car, or at least that is what I have seen.

I have been involved in some type of racing since I was 8 years old. One thing I have noticed in 43 years, is if they don't have professionals in the line up, there aren't many strange faces in the crowd.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice July 26th 2013, 11:45 am

Wes Littrell wrote:

I'm thinking Lem is trying to say this thread would really blow up if Lumber Liquidators tried to screw the racers ...........Laughing  I like thinking outside the box myself

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 26th 2013, 1:08 pm

torino501 wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:
richter69 wrote:they still aint mailed my license renewal back........ NHRA can suck my nuts.

Sounds kinky affraid 

Anyway......untill NHRA offers the 7.3L diesel class I'm not watching that crap Evil or Very Mad 
if they where to have a 6.7L class id watch it.between the turbos, ex valves and h/p fuel pumps crappin the bed,those racers would be busy between rounds. id like to go just to listing to all the cussing and swearing.

there would be a lot of down time.......
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Littrell July 26th 2013, 2:13 pm

affraid  Don't scare me like that.Laughing 
TravisRice wrote:
Wes Littrell wrote:

I'm thinking Lem is trying to say this thread would really blow up if Lumber Liquidators tried to screw the racers ...........Laughing  I like thinking outside the box myself
Wes Littrell
Wes Littrell

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 26th 2013, 5:01 pm

this says it all................ http://www.dragzine.com/project-silver-bullet/tv-ratings-street-outlaws-topples-nhra-broadcasts/
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy July 26th 2013, 9:20 pm

richter69 wrote:this says it all................      http://www.dragzine.com/project-silver-bullet/tv-ratings-street-outlaws-topples-nhra-broadcasts/

Well, when the racing gets pre-empted OFTEN by womans college softball and little league baseball for almost an hour sometimes, watchers just don't come back to watch the next time.
ESPN is just to stupid to see this ... all they want to think about is Yankee's / Red Sox. The rest of the people in the country really don't give a rats a$$

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans July 26th 2013, 9:45 pm

Randy: Relative to "put the screws".

I do not see a sponcorship being any different than alimony or child support. Once the contract has been honored everbody should go their own way.

Just because some person or thing has be fed a lot of $ over a period of time does not i.m.o. mean that the entity that recieved such has been 'screwed'.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 July 27th 2013, 1:53 am

rmcomprandy wrote:
richter69 wrote:this says it all................      http://www.dragzine.com/project-silver-bullet/tv-ratings-street-outlaws-topples-nhra-broadcasts/

Well, when the racing gets pre-empted OFTEN by womans college softball and little league baseball for almost an hour sometimes, watchers just don't come back to watch the next time.
ESPN is just to stupid to see this ... all they want to think about is Yankee's / Red Sox.  The rest of the people in the country really don't give a rats a$$
x100!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy July 27th 2013, 10:00 am

Lem Evans wrote:Randy: Relative to "put the screws".

I do not see a sponsorship being any different than alimony or child support. Once the contract has been honored everybody should go their own way.

Just because some person or thing has be fed a lot of $ over a period of time does not i.m.o. mean that the entity that received such has been 'screwed'.

Charlie,
Fulfilling a contract certainly would be the thought however, finding a loophole in the text of that contract, (which was put there intentionally to be able to later opt out), simply because of your own best interest and "damn the other side" is something different entirely.

They try to keep those times out of the public eye but, they happen almost with regularity.

GM & Mopar make their semi-finished parts available to a lot of people at no or little charge with no money actually changing hands. They make those parts available to others at cost or a little cost simply so they are "out there" in front of everybody to see that they are being used; consequently they will sell more of them and every other one of your parts to the masses.

FoMoCo wants CONTROL of almost everything they produce and if they can't have complete control over most of their real race parts, they just quit making them. Now, they are available to nobody.

This is nothing new ... it has been happening for decades.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon July 27th 2013, 11:28 pm

Did you just call Lem "Charlie"? Now that's some funny chit right there. Embarassed Razz Razz

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 28th 2013, 12:12 am

They are brothers you know..........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans July 28th 2013, 12:42 am

richter69 wrote:They are brothers you know..........

Twins I hear.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans July 28th 2013, 1:00 am

I watched a little of the NHRA stuff on ESPN this afternoon. The talking heads were whining about Ford getting out of the MELLOW YELLOW Series [read that pro stuff]. They did preview the Ford press statement which mentioned the CJ Mustang program that 'they' are not exiting. We will see but , I suspect Ford is gonna put some of those PRO $s into the CJ Mustang program & put the rest of it in their pocket....which they should do.

Last edited by Lem Evans on July 28th 2013, 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy July 28th 2013, 1:11 am

bbf-falcon wrote:Did you just call Lem "Charlie"? Now that's some funny chit right there. Embarassed Razz Razz

YEA ... thinking one and typing the other; a senior moment you know.
 OR, you will know, Laughing

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  racnrick July 28th 2013, 2:52 am

Lem Evans wrote:I watched a little of the NHRA stuff on ESPN this afternoon. The talking heads were whining about Ford getting out of the MELLOW YELLOW Series [read that pro stuff]. They did preview the Ford press statement which mentioned the CJ Mustang program that 'they' are not exiting. We will see but , I suspect Ford is gonna put some of those PRO $s into the CJ Mustang program &  put the rest of it in their pocket....which they should do.

Here's more on what Lem said, http://www.dragzine.com/news/ford-to-scale-back-nhra-drag-racing-efforts-following-2014-season/

While more details regarding the announcement will likely be learned in the coming weeks and months, all indications are that this move will indeed effect the Bob Tasca and Larry Morgan racing operations, along with John Force Racing’s four professional nitro teams. With Ford’s departure from Force’s organization, it will end one of the longest current marketing partnerships in the sport, dating back to Force’s switch to a Ford Mustang body in early 1997.

Also part of the scaled back effort, although unconfirmed, could be Ford’s status as the official vehicle of the NHRA, a title the company has held through an agreement signed in 2009.
The popular Mustang Cobra Jet program, which launched in 2008 with the debut of the much-anticipated FR500CJ, will continue into the future as part of Ford’s grass roots efforts in the sportsman drag racing ranks. The Cobra Jets, which are factory-built race cars designed for Super Stock and Stock competition and assembled at Ford’s Flat Rock Assembly Plant in Michigan, have been offered every year since that debut season with the exception of 2009 and 2011, with a 2014 model currently in development.

racnrick

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 July 28th 2013, 8:19 am

Lem Evans wrote:
richter69 wrote:They are brothers you know..........

Twins I hear.

Identical......drunken 
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn August 2nd 2013, 2:51 am

http://racing.ford.com/drag-racing/news/articles/director-jamie-allison-discusses-nhra-sponsorship-1293055427306/
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow August 2nd 2013, 6:10 am

living 20 min awayi thought it was odd

That TASCA just had a grand open for his new nissan dealership ......maybe its not odd and he will have both

they haveone of the biggest ford dealerships in the country and there ties to ford are real deep or atleast were .

If i recall the grandfather helped design the cobra jet in the 60s and were on the advisory board for them as well .
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick August 2nd 2013, 7:37 am

Read this:

http://racing.ford.com/drag-racing/news/articles/director-jamie-allison-discusses-nhra-sponsorship-1293055427306
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow August 2nd 2013, 9:21 am

i did read it ........ nitro is losing its backing , but sportsman racers will be in still

pretty clear
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow August 2nd 2013, 9:22 am

i will bet money TASCA jump to TOP fuel dragster .......
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2