BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fox body swap, need a smaller brake booster- what year booster?

5 posters

Go down

Fox body swap, need a smaller brake booster- what year booster? Empty Fox body swap, need a smaller brake booster- what year booster?

Post  Bubba October 27th 2009, 6:44 am

I just put the 429 in my 79 Mustang yesterday, long story short the D&D install kit did its jobs and made the swap fairly easy. Now the left valve cover hits the power brake booster, I have been told that I can swap it out for a newer smaller one, does anyone know what year booster I should be looking for?

Bubba

Back to top Go down

Fox body swap, need a smaller brake booster- what year booster? Empty Re: Fox body swap, need a smaller brake booster- what year booster?

Post  john f. October 27th 2009, 8:54 am

Go on E-Pay you can finds lots of them listed, that's where I got mine.
John F.
john f.
john f.

Back to top Go down

Fox body swap, need a smaller brake booster- what year booster? Empty Re: Fox body swap, need a smaller brake booster- what year booster?

Post  bruno October 27th 2009, 9:04 am

http://www.aerospacecomponents.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=23&Itemid=63

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubba October 27th 2009, 3:24 pm

I know I can find one, that's not the problem.... I was trying to ask what other year boosters that are smaller fit in a 79 Mustang?

Bubba

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 28th 2009, 12:29 pm

Why not just convert it over to manual brakes? Just need s plate and shorter Master Cylinder to brake pedal rod. The Master Cylinder from the parts store sometimes comes with the brake pedal rod.
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  85montess October 28th 2009, 5:21 pm

If converted over to manual brakes from power brakes, make sure that you move the rod farther up on the brake pedal closer to the pivot. Some brake pedals already have the two different holes, but if not it can be drilled. Power brakes have an assist ratio of about 4:1, but when you go to manual brakes the ratio needs to be about 6:1 or 7:1. For this ratio, you measure from the pivot point to about the bottom of the pedal. If this length is 12 inches, you would need to attach the master cylinder rod at 2" down from the pivot to have a ratio of 6:1. (12" long pedal/ 2" down attachment).
85montess
85montess

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down