BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anti-roll?

+2
richter69
David Cole
6 posters

Go down

Anti-roll? Empty Anti-roll?

Post  David Cole October 7th 2013, 9:59 am

Raced at Bowling Green this weekend.  Car was doing pretty well, driver not so much lol.

I've been adjusting the strut settings (Strange single) on the front for some better weight transfer.  Got it doing what I want there.  Pulling the front about 10-12" and carrying them out about 30'.  Reacts much quicker now.  More in the box than I've ever had and still went -.006 red in the 2nd round.

The car goes straight with the wheels up so I'm thinking the ladder bars are right.

Now to move on to the next item.  I want it to come up level.  It's lifting the drivers side higher.  You can see it in the pic below.  The car has an anti-roll bar.  Installed by the previous owner to combat some heavy spray use.  Anti-roll is now set neutral.  You can turn the adjust links by hand.  I know nothing about the anti-roll.

What do I need to adjust.  Link longer or shorter?  How much?  Which side?

Anti-roll? BG1375dpi

anti roll:
Anti-roll? DSCF0021
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=66449&

Back to top Go down

Anti-roll? Empty Re: Anti-roll?

Post  richter69 October 7th 2013, 11:45 am

unless the lb's and or the housing is flexing there isn't much need for an arb on a lb car.............in your case it could be because the bars are so close together. You could try lengthening the link on the rh side a flat or so.....just remember it will change the cornerweights and affect the way the car drives................imo I wouldn't worry so much about if one wheel is a touch higher than the other if the car drives straight.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  nitro717 October 7th 2013, 12:31 pm

Most of the time when you hear to lenghten or shoten its the pass. side. But if you lenghtening one your shortening the other...From what i have done the side you lenghten will put weight on that wheel and drive the car the other way. I dont like to steer a car with the arb but there are some that do.
nitro717
nitro717

Back to top Go down

Post  David Cole October 7th 2013, 1:23 pm

It goes straight while in the air. It's just that when it comes back down the right touches first and pushes the car left. Not hard, but a drift to the left. I think the ladder bars are very close to correct as it stays straight on the hit and when the wheels are up.

The ARB was installed by the previous owner. It had some pretty bad body roll running 4.70-4.80 with a BBC on lots of spray. The ARB cured most of it.
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=66449&

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 October 7th 2013, 2:16 pm

If you load the rr arb it may drive the car
Left. It should'nt upset the car for the rf to touch first.you could be turning the wheel a little when leaving.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE October 7th 2013, 8:41 pm

It might not be rolling over on the ladder bars/anti-roll. It just might be wadding up/over wadding/crushing the right side tire a little more that the left, the right sidewall is wound up pretty damn good in that pic.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick October 16th 2013, 8:00 pm

cool40 wrote:If you load the rr arb it may drive the car
Left. It should'nt upset the car for the rf to touch first.you could be turning the wheel a little when leaving.
...if not that, there may be a smidgen of bump steer at play. I fought that issue for a while with a ladder car.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down