BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for 460 pistons with std.and scj valve reliefs

4 posters

Go down

Looking for 460 pistons with std.and scj valve reliefs  Empty Looking for 460 pistons with std.and scj valve reliefs

Post  manofmerc October 30th 2013, 6:53 am

Planning to build a .030 over 466 and wondering if there is a flat top forged piston with 1/16 rings and intake valve reliefs in the stock location and for the ford motorsport scj heads .I am aware of the dished probes with both valve reliefs but I want a flat top .Pricing in the $500 range give or take $50 .I am currently running edelbrock cj heads and I might give the scj heads a try .Thanks Doug8) 

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Looking for 460 pistons with std.and scj valve reliefs  Empty Re: Looking for 460 pistons with std.and scj valve reliefs

Post  rmcomprandy October 30th 2013, 11:54 am

manofmerc wrote:Planning to build a .030 over 466 and wondering if there is a flat top forged piston with 1/16 rings and intake valve reliefs in the stock location and for the ford motorsport scj heads .I am aware of the dished probes with both valve reliefs but I want a flat top .Pricing in the $500 range give or take $50 .I am currently running edelbrock cj heads and I might give the scj heads a try .Thanks Doug8) 
I know of that type piston with a Standard OEM production ring pack but, not with 1/16" inch rings.
Just buy the pistons you want and have the additional notches cut.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Looking for 460 pistons with std.and scj valve reliefs  Empty Thanks Mr. Malik

Post  manofmerc October 31st 2013, 4:57 am

I was kind of afraid of that being the case.Thanks for your responce .I am just trying to be prepared if I come up with some scj heads .My Edelbrocks are fine but I believe the scj are better and I know of two sets that arent being used .Hopefully in the future I will get you to grind me a camshaft for this engine .Doug

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Looking for 460 pistons with std.and scj valve reliefs  Empty Re: Looking for 460 pistons with std.and scj valve reliefs

Post  jeffgfg November 1st 2013, 8:49 pm

Cars by Carl has the pistons you're looking for on the other web site. I'm not sure of the ring sizes though. Hope this helps.

jeffgfg

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 November 1st 2013, 10:44 pm

Mark at probe will cut the extra reliefs for you, it is an additional charge.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Looking for 460 pistons with std.and scj valve reliefs  Empty Good info.

Post  manofmerc November 2nd 2013, 5:47 am

I saw thse pistons that carl has .The ones I saw are dished .I really need to give him a call he might have something that isnt advertised .And I need to get some contact information for Probe also .This is good information from both of you Thanks Jeff and Dave .Hey Dave when you going back to Reynolds? They are shut down until next year .It was nice down there this past weekend .I was running some 6.88s .Thanks Guys ! Doug

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 November 2nd 2013, 5:58 am

Not sure, I'll be around in December..... May head down to Florida and race a little, but not sure yet.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down