BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weiand Stealth versus Edelbrock performer RPM

2 posters

Go down

Weiand Stealth versus Edelbrock performer RPM Empty Weiand Stealth versus Edelbrock performer RPM

Post  57custom January 7th 2014, 4:36 pm

A friend of mine wants to trade me me his Weiand Stealth intake for my Performer RPM. Both are new manifolds. I think he wants mine as it is a little shorter for use under his hood. I know both are good manifolds so just wondering what would work the best on my setup. The engine my manifold will be going on is a 521 with D3 heads and a hyd cam and headers not much else. It will be in a F100 short bodied 77 pickup. The cam is one I have had for a long time and when I ordered it I told "Herbet Cams" I wanted the biggest hyd cam I could get that would work with a stock valve train. I think it is slightly more than 500 lift. It worked good in my Fairlane in a 466 before I put the 545 in it. Is it as they say "A horse apiece" or what? Smile
57custom
57custom

Back to top Go down

Weiand Stealth versus Edelbrock performer RPM Empty Re: Weiand Stealth versus Edelbrock performer RPM

Post  rmcomprandy January 7th 2014, 8:04 pm

If you street drive this truck regularly ... keep your Performer RPM.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Weiand Stealth versus Edelbrock performer RPM Empty It will be primarily street driven

Post  57custom January 7th 2014, 9:11 pm

so now could you tell me why to keep the Edelbrock? I like to learn stuff as I do all my own engine work except the machining. I have an extra old nos 125 hp fixed plate so might put some spray on it for that occasional romp on the highway when Brand X drivers decide to show me how fast their rides are. I know that works. My Y Block went low 12's with 150 hp of spray. Very Happy
57custom
57custom

Back to top Go down

Weiand Stealth versus Edelbrock performer RPM Empty Re: Weiand Stealth versus Edelbrock performer RPM

Post  rmcomprandy January 7th 2014, 10:45 pm

57custom wrote:so now could you tell me why to keep the Edelbrock? I like to learn stuff as I do all my own engine work except the machining. I have an extra old nos 125 hp fixed plate so might put some spray on it for that occasional romp on the highway when Brand X drivers decide to show me how fast their rides are. I know that works. My Y Block went low 12's with 150 hp of spray. Very Happy

part throttle torque and throttle response.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down