BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welding dizzy

5 posters

Go down

Welding dizzy Empty Welding dizzy

Post  dirtbogger November 3rd 2009, 10:44 pm

Any plus or minus to welding the dizzy? guy that I race with insists that I need to lock it. Give me ya'lls thoughts. Only have one race left this year so I thought about trying it. Question

dirtbogger

Back to top Go down

Welding dizzy Empty Re: Welding dizzy

Post  schmitty November 3rd 2009, 11:19 pm

Might be an improvement might not, depends on a lot of stuff. What's the build? Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  fastford600 November 3rd 2009, 11:29 pm

hope you got a good starter and lots of batt. cause you will need them
when i got my blue it was welded up .i hated that mess .i will never have that again it would kick back and was hard as hell to crank when hot and in a bracket race thats not good you had push it the water box or crank it up and leave it running while you were waiting in line to make a pass by the time you got up there it was hot . and if you had to cut it off due to a spill on the track you were f***** .
logan flower lol! lol!
fastford600
fastford600

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtbogger November 3rd 2009, 11:44 pm

schmitty wrote:Might be an improvement might not, depends on a lot of stuff. What's the build? Cool
Pretty much stock, dish pistons, ported D3's, performer int., 750 Holley, Blue Racer A cam, can't remember specs.Have it set at 15 initial, 34 total now.

dirtbogger

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy November 4th 2009, 8:24 am

I can't see the advantage of locking the dizzy with a pretty much stock, low compression engine. Maybe I am missing something here ??
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Copperhead November 4th 2009, 10:24 am

It made the idel quality of mine a lot better. I use to have a centrifical advance dizzy and it was a pain in the ass. If I set it where it would reach full advance at 3k, I would have to have the initial timing so low it wouldn't idel for shit.

I have since changed to a MSD dizzy with timing locked @ 32 and I have a 20deg start retard built into my Digital 6 Ignition and I couldn't be happier. It's so much better than my old set-up.
Copperhead
Copperhead

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty November 4th 2009, 10:45 pm

First thing is do you have any drivability issues now or is performance not good? If it runs and drives fine, I'd leave it alone. If there is an issue, I'd get with The Mad Porter and get one of his dizzies and keep the advance intact on that build. Probably going to be a better performer with the advance circuits. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtbogger November 4th 2009, 11:06 pm

schmitty wrote:First thing is do you have any drivability issues now or is performance not good? If it runs and drives fine, I'd leave it alone. If there is an issue, I'd get with The Mad Porter and get one of his dizzies and keep the advance intact on that build. Probably going to be a better performer with the advance circuits. Cool
Runs fine, buddies keep insisting it will run better, but I can't see it with this build!!! Thought I was missing something. I built this one to finish out the year when I busted 2 pistons in my 466.I'm going to put this motor in a one ton tow rig when I get my motor back together for next seasons races!!! Thanks Guy's!!! Smile

dirtbogger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down