BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pushrod question

3 posters

Go down

Pushrod question Empty Pushrod question

Post  coyote runner March 19th 2014, 7:28 pm

Question is can I use a straight tube 7/16 with a ths a460 head with w and w shaft rocker or do I have to get tapered ones.

coyote runner

Back to top Go down

Pushrod question Empty Re: Pushrod question

Post  Lem Evans March 19th 2014, 7:36 pm

Sure you can. Just gotta make sure the hole in the head has room for it. if you have a tie-bar lifter you may need a 1-5/8" tapper on that end to reduce the chance of a 'rub' there.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans March 19th 2014, 7:41 pm

I use the tapered Trend pushrods.  If you have the TFS A-460 18 bolt heads, their pushrod holes have already been slotted for the W. W. Engineering shaft mounted rockers.  Other brands should fit as well.  If you have the older TFS 10 bolt heads, then you'll most likely need to take the heads to a Bridgeport and slot the pushrods holes .280" up towards the intake manifold.

If you want to run the straight 7/16" pushrods, I'm sure you can although I've never done it. Just mock up and double check the clearance on everything, and be prepared to do some grinding or elongating.  Your skills in fitting and making this work are the most important thing, so I'm assuming you have some porting burrs, tootsie rolls and etc..

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  coyote runner March 19th 2014, 7:56 pm

Thanks Charlie you did all the work to the heads thanks again Jim bailey

coyote runner

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans March 19th 2014, 8:36 pm

You're welcome Jim. Pay attention to what Lem said about the intake pushrod hitting the link bar tang on the roller lifters. It happens all the time. For that reason I run Hemi style Z-bar lifters.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans March 19th 2014, 8:55 pm

Run the biggest MoFo you can get in there...you may wind up with a dual tapper on the intake and a 1-5/8" tipped straight 7/16" on the exhaust.

That's the cool thing about shaft rockers... the intake rod does not know what the exh. rod is.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down