BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OT question about a SBF

5 posters

Go down

OT question about a SBF Empty OT question about a SBF

Post  57custom August 30th 2014, 10:43 pm

I have complete 326 cid sbf that I have the dyno sheets for that shows 585 hp. I am planning on a disassembly and inspection this winter. The plan is to put a tunnel ram on this with a plate system and a fogger for some fun next year in my Maverick. The problem being is I have early B302 canted valve heads. That is not really a problem per se but as they have rectangular port rather than the boss 302 oval port I don't know if there is a tunnel ram available for this combo. I know that the single four is VERY  hard to beat but this kind of thing really does impress the non gear head guys at the car shows. So I am doing this for BLING mostly. But I do race this car more than show it as it is not street legal. I really do want to keep these heads as they work. I know I could put some real good windsor heads on it but the headers fit and don't want to mess with that either. I feel that this setup will put this car well into the nines or better as now it does run low tens with the present engine on pump gas that is in it (366 cid 8.7 deck). The car only weighs 2600 lbs without me in it. So mainly if there is not a manifold for this do you think I could modify a windsor style tunnel ram to fit this combo. Shocked
57custom
57custom

Back to top Go down

OT question about a SBF Empty Re: OT question about a SBF

Post  bosshoss August 30th 2014, 11:39 pm

Back in the day they used to fill the stock ports with epoxy and then shape them to suit. Otherwise you may be looking at a custom sheet metal job. Big bling there Very Happy
bosshoss
bosshoss
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper August 31st 2014, 4:45 pm

I don't know of any tunnel rams that will fit your needs. There are plenty of single plane intakes now that will work but without going custom I don't know of any TR intakes out there.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf August 31st 2014, 6:18 pm

Could you use a Boss 302 TR for a starting point?
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 August 31st 2014, 8:45 pm

whatbumper wrote:I don't know of any tunnel rams that will fit your needs.  There are plenty of single plane intakes now that will work but without going custom I don't know of any TR intakes out there.

I have been looking for a single plane intake for an 8.2 deck with the C302 A or B head. I have had no luck in finding one.

I am at the point of building one.

Sorry about the hi-jack............Rolling Eyes
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down