BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need some FORD ammo, please

+22
FalconEh
dfree383
gmsmkr
69F100
nitrous.f
maverick
514F-1
blown86hallet
bbf-falcon
plowboy34
whitefield
richter69
kim
dr's wife racing
schmitty
Dark Horse of Apocalypse
lghting94
69bluehotrod
KY JELLY
the Coug
rmcomprandy
GT300TD
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

need some FORD ammo, please Empty need some FORD ammo, please

Post  GT300TD September 17th 2014, 9:52 am

Going to the dragstrip, points meet at National Trail Raceway in Columbus, Ohio Saturday. Going with my long time friend Bill who is a chevy guy but respects Fords. Our long time friends run an F/GT '86 camaro. It's fast, I've seem it run 9.96 and it's gone in the 9.80's. I'll be the ONLY FORD guy in 'chevy city', dozens of chevy's park in the same area.  Most of these guys are good professional racers and nice guys, but the conversation will eventually come to Fords. Example: last year they were talking about  how the 6" tubes going to the massive air box on the Thunderbolts was overkill and another time they ran on the 429 CJ and Boss's performance. I used to have a '68 428 CJ Mustang back in the day, but have been away from the FE's for a long time.  I know a little bit about the 429-460's, 99 1/2% of which I've learned off this and the 'other' forum. I need facts and names. I know Blake has a 1000+hp BBF, and Harold (lord rest his soul) had a 9 second 460 ci Cougar. I've saved info like BBF & BBC block comparisons etc.
I would like to know stuff like who has gotten (and how much) the most hp out of a 2 bolt BBF and some other interesting facts about BBF, also how SBF's compare to SBC's. Anything any one of you guys wish to share would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Smile

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

need some FORD ammo, please Empty Re: need some FORD ammo, please

Post  rmcomprandy September 17th 2014, 10:13 am

Most Chevy guys don't realize that one can take a stock OEM 429/460 block and drop-in a 4.5" stroke crankshaft for 550 plus cubic inches and NOT need to clearance ANYTHING.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug September 17th 2014, 10:32 am

My suggestion is if you don't know about them don't get in that conversation....
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD September 17th 2014, 10:57 am

rmcomprandy wrote:Most Chevy guys don't realize that one can take a stock OEM 429/460 block and drop-in a 4.5" stroke crankshaft for 550 plus cubic inches and NOT need to clearance ANYTHING.

Knew about the 550 cu in, but thought you had to do some clearance work.
1 down, Thanks Randy Cool

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD September 17th 2014, 10:58 am

the Coug wrote:My suggestion is if you don't know about them don't get in that conversation....

Kind of hard not to get into the conversation when it's directed at you.

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug September 17th 2014, 11:02 am

If you can't keep out of that conversation then I would go to Paul Kanes sight and read the BBF to BBC difference....
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY September 17th 2014, 11:02 am

You just tell them ole KY went 5.50's with a .030 over 460 and thats all they need to know even the Coug saw that lol
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  69bluehotrod September 17th 2014, 11:03 am

4.75 stroke can be done with a little bit of work, depending on the type of rods used.... Twisted Evil at least that's what I heard....lol
69bluehotrod
69bluehotrod
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://rainbowvacuumsalesservice.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 September 17th 2014, 11:05 am

Or just agree with them and say they are just a bunch of scrap metal so you'll be happy to take any they get for scrap price!!
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug September 17th 2014, 11:10 am

KY JELLY wrote:You just tell them ole KY went 5.50's with a .030 over 460 and thats all they need to know even the Coug saw that lol

Yep you have always had a great running car no matter what engine you had in it....like your 533 scj headed engine made 889 hp and hauled the mail.... on a 2 bolt block and cast crank...
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD September 17th 2014, 11:13 am

the Coug wrote:If you can't keep out of that conversation then I would go to Paul Kanes sight and read the BBF to BBC difference....

Been to Paul's site and printed out the info, now if I can just find it.

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD September 17th 2014, 11:16 am

the Coug wrote:
KY JELLY wrote:You just tell them ole KY went 5.50's with a .030 over 460 and thats all they need to know even the Coug saw that lol

Yep  you have always had a great running car no matter what engine you had in it....like your 533 scj headed engine made 889 hp and hauled the mail.... on a 2 bolt block and cast crank...

5.50's with a 466,Thanks KY
OK, 889 hp on a 2 bolt block and cast crank. That ought to raise some eyeblows.
This is the stuff I'm looking for Very Happy

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  69bluehotrod September 17th 2014, 11:22 am

GT300TD wrote:
the Coug wrote:If you can't keep out of that conversation then I would go to Paul Kanes sight and read the BBF to BBC difference....

You know,... if you bring cold hard facts to this suspected conversation... your probably going to get the same results that happen on capitol hill... affraid

collective heads will explode.... jus sayin!
69bluehotrod
69bluehotrod
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://rainbowvacuumsalesservice.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Horse of Apocalypse September 17th 2014, 11:28 am

Talk to them about their having to use a race block and how little Ford stock blocks cost.

Chevy guys always talk about how cheap their stuff is.

You could also mention Ford took no bailout $$$$$$$.

Last edited by Dark Horse of Apocalypse on September 17th 2014, 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Dark Horse of Apocalypse
Dark Horse of Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD September 17th 2014, 11:29 am

69bluehotrod wrote:4.75 stroke can be done with a little bit of work,  depending on the type of rods used.... Twisted Evil at least that's what I heard....lol

Might be a 'bloody mess' in the pits, too affraid Twisted Evil

Last edited by GT300TD on September 17th 2014, 11:33 am; edited 3 times in total

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY September 17th 2014, 11:30 am

Thats old stuff though that 533 belonged to Charlie evans ran high 4.60's in kristina lawyers dragster and 5.20's in my door car , thats backin 08 -09 .
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug September 17th 2014, 11:34 am

69bluehotrod wrote:
GT300TD wrote:

You know,... if you bring cold hard facts to this suspected conversation... your probably going to get the same results that happen on capitol hill...  affraid

the only Problem I see is that the Chevy guys won't believe anything you say truth or not. I had a guy at Oreillys the other day splane to me he has a 1000 hp 350 small block Chevy and street driven..... Shocked and got offended when I told him he couldn't get a 1000 hp out of it if he drove it off a 1000 ft cliff.......but he explained to me it had a 4 bolt block, Edelbrock heads a Edelbrock intake a Edelbrock carb and Hyperutectic pistons with all the upgrades like roller rockers and head studs and a hydraulic roller he was very confident he was every bit of 1000hp just by adding up all the hp the add ons gave him.....I told him here's your sign
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug September 17th 2014, 11:34 am

KY JELLY wrote:Thats old stuff though that 533 belonged to Charlie evans  ran high 4.60's in kristina lawyers dragster and 5.20's in my door car , thats backin 08 -09 .

yes but it was still impressive....
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Horse of Apocalypse September 17th 2014, 11:39 am

the Coug wrote:
69bluehotrod wrote:
GT300TD wrote:

You know,... if you bring cold hard facts to this suspected conversation... your probably going to get the same results that happen on capitol hill...  affraid

Wish I had a $$$ for every time I've heard that.

the only Problem I see is that the Chevy guys won't believe anything you say truth or not. I had a guy at Oreillys the other day splane to me he has a 1000 hp 350 small block Chevy and street driven..... Shocked  and got offended when I told him he couldn't get a 1000 hp out of it if he drove it off a 1000 ft cliff.......but he explained to me it had a 4 bolt block, Edelbrock heads a Edelbrock intake a Edelbrock carb and Hyperutectic pistons with all the upgrades like roller rockers and head studs and a hydraulic roller he was very confident he was every bit of 1000hp just by adding up all the hp the add ons gave him.....I told him here's your sign
Dark Horse of Apocalypse
Dark Horse of Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD September 17th 2014, 11:43 am

the Coug wrote:
69bluehotrod wrote:
GT300TD wrote:

the only Problem I see is that the Chevy guys won't believe anything you say truth or not. I had a guy at Oreillys the other day splane to me he has a 1000 hp 350 small block Chevy and street driven..... Shocked  and got offended when I told him he couldn't get a 1000 hp out of it if he drove it off a 1000 ft cliff.......but he explained to me it had a 4 bolt block, Edelbrock heads a Edelbrock intake a Edelbrock carb and Hyperutectic pistons with all the upgrades like roller rockers and head studs and a hydraulic roller he was very confident he was every bit of 1000hp just by adding up all the hp the add ons gave him.....I told him here's your sign

Talked to a Chevy guy at the carshow Sat. Trying to be civil and told him about my friends '86 Camaro's  2' wheelstands. He said back in the day he but cheater slicks on his 396 camaro and pulled the wheels in the first three gears. When he came out of the hole his wheelie was so high he almost flipped it over affraid scratch

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty September 17th 2014, 12:02 pm

I've got 1272hp and my engine says Ford everywhere you can see.  Block, heads, intake.  Ask if they can come close.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD September 17th 2014, 12:09 pm

schmitty wrote:I've got 1272hp and my engine says Ford everywhere you can see.  Block, heads, intake.  Ask if they can come close.

How much nitrous?

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug September 17th 2014, 12:12 pm

GT300TD wrote:
schmitty wrote:I've got 1272hp and my engine says Ford everywhere you can see.  Block, heads, intake.  Ask if they can come close.

How much nitrous?

I can answer that 0 Nos
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD September 17th 2014, 12:14 pm

the Coug wrote:
GT300TD wrote:

How much nitrous?

I can answer that   0 Nos

That's the answer I was expecting cheers

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing September 17th 2014, 12:42 pm

My old fox body went 5.40's on a stock susp. true 10 inch tire. at a tic over 3000 lbs. It was a stock block 533 ci with a first gen cj head done by Blake.That was in the 175 deg heat at US 43 when the bash was there. Lots of guys on here saw it.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next