BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help me choose the right components

2 posters

Go down

Help me choose the right components Empty Help me choose the right components

Post  7LBRONCO October 2nd 2014, 10:56 pm

What I am starting with;
73 Ranchero, C-6, 3.50 gears, D0VE-C heads-as cast, but will get hardened seats, D1VE shortblock, bored .030, needs to be re-bored.

I would like to get at least 450 horses, and keep the A/C and power brakes. I am at 7700 elevation, and the car will prob never see lower that Denver's elevation. Has to run on pump gas, which is max 91 octane here.

Cam selection advice is greatly appreciated. Also, which cast hyper piston to use-dish or oval dish?
This will be a summer time street toy that my wife can drive, if she chooses.
Thanks for all input!

7LBRONCO

Back to top Go down

Help me choose the right components Empty Re: Help me choose the right components

Post  rmcomprandy October 2nd 2014, 11:37 pm

7LBRONCO wrote:What I am starting with;
73 Ranchero, C-6, 3.50 gears, D0VE-C heads-as cast, but will get hardened seats, D1VE shortblock, bored .030, needs to be re-bored.

I would like to get at least 450 horses, and keep the A/C and power brakes.  I am at 7700 elevation, and the car will prob never see lower that Denver's elevation.  Has to run on pump gas, which is max 91 octane here.

Cam selection advice is greatly appreciated.  Also, which cast hyper piston to use-dish or oval dish?
This will be a summer time street toy that my wife can drive, if she chooses.
Thanks for all input!

Copy a Ford Racing "crate" short block at about 10.5/1 compression ratio;
use a .040" oversize Federal Mogul, Sealed Power pistons #H612P 40, (.189" deep oblong dish), with the Premium metric rings which go with them #E897K 40.

Buy a "custom" hydraulic flat tappet camshaft to get exactly what you need for your specific application.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down