BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help, I need a part number for an adapter

2 posters

Go down

Help, I need a part number for an adapter Empty Help, I need a part number for an adapter

Post  jones November 10th 2014, 5:09 pm

I need to find the adapter that goes between a c6 transmission and Np208 transfer case?

I also need to know if this would require a short or long C6 output shaft?

jones

Back to top Go down

Help, I need a part number for an adapter Empty Re: Help, I need a part number for an adapter

Post  lghting94 November 10th 2014, 5:31 pm

The adapter bolt pattern is the same for the 205 transfer case and the 208 so both the long or short extensions will work and the appropriate tail shaft to match.  I have a short tail shaft and extension housing as spare parts I would be willing to sell if you are interested.  I would also recommend the short version to keep your front driveshaft at a better angle and away from your transmission cross member, and in a short-bed truck keeps from having a very short rear driveshaft.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Help, I need a part number for an adapter Empty Re: Help, I need a part number for an adapter

Post  jones November 10th 2014, 5:54 pm

If I'm not mistaken I will need the short output shaft and short adapter. Because I'm using the aluminum np transfer case. Where the np205 was a shorter due to it not having the plantiare reduction and required the long output shaft and longer adapter to clear the transmission.

So yes, I am very interested in the short adapter.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 November 10th 2014, 8:14 pm

205 cases had both length extensions depending on truck style, I have only seen shorts on factory 208 trucks but have installed the on longs just have to adjust driveshafts. I will PM you on a price for these two pieces.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  jones November 11th 2014, 12:21 am

lghting94 wrote:205 cases had both length extensions depending on truck style, I have only seen shorts on factory 208 trucks but have installed the on longs just have to adjust driveshafts. I will PM you on a price for these two pieces.

please do.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  jones November 11th 2014, 12:24 am

The 84 f150 5.8 came with a c6 and 208 transfer case so I hope that if I use the short shaft and short adapter the cross member and everything else will bolt right together.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down