BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alcohol Carb recommendation

4 posters

Go down

Alcohol Carb recommendation Empty Alcohol Carb recommendation

Post  kjett March 27th 2015, 3:33 pm

Talking with engine builder and debating about switching to alcohol this year. I'd prefer to stick with a carb for now so that I'd have less to change. Some tracks are strictly gas for the classes I run, but other tracks allow alcohol. Figure since my fuel system is already set up to allow me to convert to alcohol (alcohol rated lines, Aeromotive A2000 pump, Aeromotive filters, Aeromotive regulator), all I'd need is a good carb setup. This would be for my 14.5:1 A headed 488 that currently has an 1150 2-circuit dominator, so assuming same size carb, just looking for a carb builder that I can get one pretty close out of the box. I heard about a guy down in Texas that is really good with alcohol carbs from a fellow racer, but don't know who that is and that is all he'll tell me. Any of you alcohol guys have a recommendation? This would be my 1st time with alcohol fuel, so I have a lot to learn if I make the switch!
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Alcohol Carb recommendation Empty Re: Alcohol Carb recommendation

Post  butterbean March 27th 2015, 7:47 pm

Have you given E-85 a thought??? I use it and love it and its only 1.69 a gallon here in Florida
butterbean
butterbean

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 March 27th 2015, 7:52 pm

imo, injected is the best way to run alky but if you must run it in a carb BLP is hard to beat. I run it and like some things about it but it can be a pia at times.lol
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett March 27th 2015, 8:05 pm

Butterbean, I can get the alcohol at the local Sonoco dealer in 5 gallon cans. I'd have to drive a couple hours at a time just to get 55 gallon drums of E85. If it were easier for me to get, I'd go that route.

Cool, oh I know injected is the best way. I just no nothing about tuning the injection stuff. I can tune a carb and hoping some of that tuning knowledge will work with an alcohol carb. Plus I plan to keep my gas carb to change out for the tracks that don't allow alcohol. I'm in a mud truck, not drag car, so different rules for different tracks. Sort of sucks!
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 March 27th 2015, 8:43 pm

I like my APD I running a 1050 2 circuit on my 552 with 14-7 cr if you already have a carb they will convert it to alky . for way less than a new one

go to Conversions & Rebuilds
http://www.apdracing.com/
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down