BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

P-51 heads

+17
butterbean
BOSS 429
bbf-falcon
Gary Blair
maverick
richter69
cool40
rmcomprandy
wayney
cletus66
quick 52
JACKAZZFLATZ
dfree383
8liter
glenevans
FalconEh
Dave De
21 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

P-51 heads - Page 4 Empty Re: P-51 heads

Post  Dave De June 30th 2015, 7:20 am

It doesnt seem to matter if I shift short or high. This is because the tire height gear combination is geared to low to attain the right instantaneous wheel speed?
The UCC converter is not slipping in the 1/8th like the old converter but still I'm into 2nd just after the sixty foot when shifting at 6500.
Next step is to get some tall 32's. Followed by a 3.50 or 3.63 gear. It will be good to get this at the 150 mph trap speed again.
Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

P-51 heads - Page 4 Empty SCJs to P51s update

Post  Dave De October 11th 2015, 11:26 am

Now that I have more data to share on this I thought I could clear the air on my results with the change from SCJs to P51s.
The comparison from this change previously posted came from bad data. When I made the change I did not know that the trans line pressure was down and that negatively effected the P51 comparison where the SCJs had a trans with good line pressure.
This year has been an entire season chasing driveline and chassis gremlins with crashing the control arm from an aborted launch to save the car from hitting the wall. I did change a few other parts in my setup so I dont have a direct comparison but I can reasonable say that the P51s were worth .12 seconds in the quarter mile over my SCJs.

SCJs had been worked on by the Kentucky crew thru Lem with porting and 2.25 intake valves. Flowing 385?
P51s ported by Randy Malik flowed at 425, .800 lift numbers

Looking back Randy predicted the change here before he started the work on the P51s. Is he brilliant or what?
Lem made me aware that the flow number comparisons were at .800 and my cam is only at .680 so to use the full potential I need a bigger cam. I am fortunate to have Lem looking over my shoulder on this as well as Randy.

Other factors were tire change, rear shock change and converter change. These other changes factor into about .08 seconds where some testing took place prior to getting the setup straight.

Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy October 11th 2015, 2:49 pm

Dave De wrote:Now that I have more data to share on this I thought I could clear the air on my results with the change from SCJs to P51s.
The comparison from this change previously posted came from bad data. When I made the change I did not know that the trans line pressure was down and that negatively effected the P51 comparison where the SCJs had a trans with good line pressure.
This year has been an entire season chasing driveline and chassis gremlins with crashing the control arm from an aborted launch to save the car from hitting the wall. I did change a few other parts in my setup so I dont have a direct comparison but I can reasonable say that the P51s were worth .12 seconds in the quarter mile over my SCJs.

SCJs had been worked on by the Kentucky crew thru Lem with porting and 2.25 intake valves. Flowing 385?
P51s ported by Randy Malik flowed at 425, .800 lift numbers

Looking back Randy predicted the change here before he started the work on the P51s. Is he brilliant or what?
Lem made me aware that the flow number comparisons were at .800 and my cam is only at .680 so to use the full potential I need a bigger cam. I am fortunate to have Lem looking over my shoulder on this as well as Randy.

Other factors were tire change, rear shock change and converter change. These other changes factor into about .08 seconds where some testing took place prior to getting the setup straight.

Actually a cam with near the same lobe AREA would probably be best but, getting that area with more lobe lift and less duration.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4