BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rear disc for fox

Go down

rear disc for fox Empty rear disc for fox

Post  gmsmkr April 14th 2015, 6:56 pm

Ok first off let me say lots of guys that own fox mustang want disc brakes so here is a write up of how we do this for the budget minded and d.i.y guys....

You want disc brakes on the rear of your fox but you've already built the rear end no problem. Your local pull a part should have a stock pile of 94-98 stang. We use the 99-03 v6 parts cause the rear brake lines are run separate.

You want the rear brake brackets and calipers and stock proportional valve off these cars now order some new rotors for the year you got the parts from and your ready to start your conversion...

Take the passengers side bracket and cut the front top section off and it goes on the driver side behind the axle housing flange... do the same for the driver and it goes to the passenger side they will bolt right against the flange do not shim them there...now put your 5 lug axle in and hang the rotor put a lug nut on it to hold the rotor against the axle and hang the caliper and bracket now this is where you shim it to make sure it's centered.....

the brackets you cut should bolt up with 3 bolts now one front lower and both top and bottom on the back don't forget goes behind the housing flange...

I will get some pics when I pull the rear end from a customers car... thanks and I hope this is helpful to some of you
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down