BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Atlanta NHRA

+4
514F-1
kim
cool40
Moodyblues
8 posters

Go down

Atlanta NHRA Empty Atlanta NHRA

Post  Moodyblues May 27th 2015, 9:35 am

Took the daughter and grandaughter to the Atlanta NHRA stop. I really didnt want to go but they overruled me, lol. Everything, and I mean everything down there was Chevrolet. I will give Chevrolet one thing they are really involved in racing and they have a lot of stuff out there. I guess being 55 I am just old school, I could care less about the NHRA. Even IHRA has gotten the pressure and now Jon Kaase is putting Ford heads on the mountain motor chevy prostocks over the last few years, guess a guy has to make a living. Its just all sickening to me.

Your thoughts?
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

Atlanta NHRA Empty Re: Atlanta NHRA

Post  cool40 May 27th 2015, 1:31 pm

I ain't much for nhra or Chevrolet. Smile they both have one thing in common, very overrated and cost too much! Laughing
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  kim May 27th 2015, 1:40 pm

I'm just an old cantankerous bench racer.... but I avoided the Stupid Chevy show... because I am one of those that hate to see a 34 ford coupe with a 350 chevy in it... I get to fix all the oil leaking chevies I want all day long. Haven't had much interest in NHRA for a while now either. Which Chevy gets the trophy this week??? Soo with every car being the same, it’s truly a driver’s race... well let’s save the V16 and simply race the tree. We can have em sit in lawn chairs and eliminate off of who doesn't cut the perfect light.

kim

Back to top Go down

Post  514F-1 May 27th 2015, 2:03 pm

I have lost total interest in the NHRA pro show. Its boring with the same cars every week and evey year. I go to the Gators one day every year, and that's to see the sportsman racing, so I go on Thurs or Fri. So I can watch the sportsman classes. Ihra isn't much better, was at the nitro Jam in Bradenton this year, and their pro show had a very WWE feel to it. I enjoy watching stuff I can relate to, like Bracket/index racing and pro mod type heads up stuff. Nitro cars don't really excite me at all
514F-1
514F-1

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 27th 2015, 3:50 pm

The first time I went to the NHRA track in Commerce, I couldn't believe that the drag strip was in the middle of the city, right next to Downtown.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick May 27th 2015, 8:12 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:The first time I went to the NHRA track in Commerce, I couldn't believe that the drag strip was in the middle of the city, right next to Downtown.

Have you been to Z-Max Dragway in Concord, NC? 4 wide drag strip, dirt track, superspeedway, etc...all right next to one another and surrounded by restaurants, hotels, businesses, etc. Only Bruton Smith could pull that one off. Race City, USA. cheers
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans May 27th 2015, 8:14 pm

Moodyblues wrote:Took the daughter and grandaughter to the Atlanta NHRA stop.   I really didnt want to go but they overruled me, lol.   Everything, and I mean everything down there was Chevrolet.   I will give Chevrolet one thing they are really involved in racing and they have a lot of stuff out there.  I guess being 55 I am just old school, I could care less about the NHRA.   Even IHRA has gotten the pressure and now Jon Kaase is putting Ford heads on the mountain motor chevy prostocks over the last few years, guess a guy has to make a living.   Its just all sickening to me.

Your thoughts?

Keith Fulp and Phillip Oakley both raced @ Atlanta.....you should have looked them up.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick May 27th 2015, 8:35 pm

Moodyblues wrote:Took the daughter and grandaughter to the Atlanta NHRA stop.   I really didnt want to go but they overruled me, lol.   Everything, and I mean everything down there was Chevrolet.   I will give Chevrolet one thing they are really involved in racing and they have a lot of stuff out there.  I guess being 55 I am just old school, I could care less about the NHRA.   Even IHRA has gotten the pressure and now Jon Kaase is putting Ford heads on the mountain motor chevy prostocks over the last few years, guess a guy has to make a living.   Its just all sickening to me.

Your thoughts?

About 10 years ago,the IHRA was gonna kill the Mountain Motor ProStock class because everybody got sick of watching 16 Kaase powered Fords make the show. The GM's and MoPars wouldn't run with 'em until Jon blessed them with his heads. He was pretty much faced with helping the competition or losing the business altogether.

Differences in brand loyalty makes for good competitive racing and a better show for the spectators.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues May 27th 2015, 8:53 pm

Lem Evans wrote:

Your thoughts?

Keith Fulp and Phillip Oakley both raced @ Atlanta.....you should have looked them up.  

I didn't get there until the pro session started so I missed them
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick May 27th 2015, 8:56 pm

I really enjoy the racing at my local track, especially on the 1st Saturday of the   month.  There'll be a couple hundred cars there of every description...some really unusual combinations driven by some REALLY GOOD racers.  You might line up with an Anglia or a Henry J, or maybe that Rat powered Karmann Ghia.  There's plenty of Novas and Camaros for those guys, too...but they find themselves lined up with BBF Thunderchickens or early Mustangs.  There's even a squirrelly old fart with a tube chassis BBF Maverick Suspect

I'll never forget, years ago at Bradenton I saw a guy with an AMC powered SuperComp dragster.  The thing was gorgeous...beautifully done.  I had to look the guy up and shake his hand, because, buddy...If you're racing a dragster with a Kelvinator in it, you're DEDICATED and don't mind doing it the hard way. Cool

I'm Ford blue through and through and those all Ford weekends are OK if you're hunting for parts... but gimme variety.  I think that's where NHRA really misses the boat.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans May 27th 2015, 10:18 pm

Moodyblues wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:

Your thoughts?

If one gets there when only Chevys are running.....that's all one would see. Smile

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues May 28th 2015, 9:51 am

Lem Evans wrote:
Moodyblues wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:

Your thoughts?

If one gets there when only Chevys are running.....that's all one would see. Smile

Well Lem I admit you do have a point, but I sure would like to see some Fords in pro stock. In the meantime I will pull for the Dodges
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans May 28th 2015, 10:26 am

Dodge? You are member of team Lexus Razz

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues May 28th 2015, 4:13 pm

Lem Evans wrote:Dodge? You are member of team Lexus  Razz

Nope, but I aint pulling for no Chebbies, so Dodge is the only alternative in NHRA Pro Stock.
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick May 30th 2015, 10:23 pm

Fiat.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues June 1st 2015, 11:52 am

maverick wrote:Fiat.

I'll take a Fiat over a Chebbie........ cheers
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick June 1st 2015, 12:09 pm

Doesn't Fiat still own Chrysler?
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug June 1st 2015, 1:33 pm

the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  kim June 1st 2015, 1:41 pm

maverick wrote:Doesn't Fiat still own Chrysler?
Just 1/3.  1/3 fiat.  1/3 US government. 1/3 Chrysler....  a recipe for doom if  I've ever heard one.

kim

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues June 1st 2015, 1:57 pm

kim wrote:
maverick wrote:Doesn't Fiat still own Chrysler?
Just 1/3.  1/3 fiat.  1/3 US government. 1/3 Chrysler....  a recipe for doom if  I've ever heard one.

its worked out pretty well for GM. Unfortunately
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Back to top Go down

Post  kim June 1st 2015, 3:04 pm

Wont go into how much if GM the taxpayers didnt get their money back on...   but someone give me several hundred million "free" I could probably even make AMTRACK look profitable for a while.   GM doesn't  have 3 time N American failure  Fiat... just the government on its board of directors.

kim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down