BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hard to watch

+9
BigBlockRanger
bcr466
Lem Evans
QtrWarrior
Curt
bbf-falcon
Moodyblues
maverick
GT300TD
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hard to watch Empty Hard to watch

Post  GT300TD June 14th 2015, 7:51 pm

The New England Nationals are on ESPN. Really hard to watch the Force family drive chebys. That kills watching drag racing on TV for me. Way to go 'mother ford' Evil or Very Mad .

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Hard to watch Empty Re: Hard to watch

Post  maverick June 14th 2015, 8:12 pm

Don't go so hard on the company. They're investing more into the sportsman and "grass roots" sort of racing if you ask me...instead of financing the guy who owns the dog & pony show. Where else would you find one car owner whose cars make up 25% of the qualifying field?

Start watching for updates on the current CobraJet stuff and you'll see where the mother company has put some effort. I'm energized when I see factory race cars in the 7's. Not long ago, that was tube chassis, big inch Top Sportsman territory. Cool

Screw Funny Car.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues June 14th 2015, 8:15 pm

I'm done with NHRA on the pro level. I did go to Atlanta because of my daughter and granddaughter
But I dint even watch it anymore,.

As far as I'm concerned they could take if off tv .
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick June 14th 2015, 8:25 pm

There are race fans and there are racers. NHRA is mostly invested in the former. If that's where their fortunes lie, God bless 'em...but it ain't for me.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD June 14th 2015, 8:39 pm

maverick wrote:Don't go so hard on the company.  They're investing more into the sportsman and "grass roots" sort of racing if you ask me...instead of financing the guy who owns the dog & pony show.  Where else would you find one car owner whose cars make up 25% of the qualifying field?

Start watching for updates on the current CobraJet stuff and you'll see where the mother company has put some effort.  I'm energized when I see factory race cars in the 7's.  Not long ago, that was tube chassis, big inch Top Sportsman territory. Cool

Screw Funny Car.

Shame the only drag races on TV are the dragsters and funny cars. Can not stand nascar. Sure wish Sportsman classes would be televised. Guess they are too slow for the general public Rolling Eyes .

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon June 14th 2015, 9:16 pm

Dont beat yourself up too bad Terry.They just changed the wrap.You seen one, you've seen them all imo.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD June 15th 2015, 6:18 am

bbf-falcon wrote:Dont beat yourself up too bad Terry.They just changed the wrap.You seen one, you've seen them all imo.

Yea I know that all the engines are the same, but it just means more bowties crossing the finish line first instead of Blue Ovals. You have to admit John's group does know how to drive. Wouldn't be as bad if they had the Mopar wrapper instead of the bowtie, imo.

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick June 15th 2015, 7:19 am

If you like to watch real racing, try checking out a few events on Livestream and the like.  They cover all kinds of major sportsman events and they'll give you e-mail alerts when a race is going to be streamed.   You can see big money footbrake races, radial tire stuff, ProMods....you name it.  Turn on your computer and see it live...even live chat with other fans as the racers run.  You don't have to endure the soap opera bullshit about the Force girls' private lives either....there's a huge plus right there.  If the event runs 3 days, it'll be on your computer for 3 days....not scheduled on a Sunday night, then pre-empted by a high school soccer game. Shoot, you can hook your computer to your big ol' flatscreen, too.

Also, check out 1320 Go.  Lots of tracks have links on their websites...you get live data on your screen as they run....Reaction time, 60' times, dials, et's, trap speeds, margin of victory, etc.....all without having to listen to Mike Dunn explain ad nauseum why that blower came off Antron Brown's fueler.  Just let me watch the race and I'll figure out what happened. Rolling Eyes

When I'm traveling and can't make it to the races, I use this stuff to keep track of my racing buddies.  I know when they've slept at the tree before they can even call me and confess.Suspect

Last edited by maverick on June 15th 2015, 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick June 15th 2015, 7:20 am

GT300TD wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:Dont beat yourself up too bad Terry.They just changed the wrap.You seen one, you've seen them all imo.

Yea I know that all the engines are the same, but it just means more bowties crossing the finish line first instead of Blue Ovals. You have to admit John's group does know how to drive. Wouldn't be as bad if they had the Mopar wrapper instead of the bowtie, imo.

Give him time...he'll piss in Chevy's Cheerios too.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon June 15th 2015, 9:14 am

I really don't blame John Force,Larry Morgan etc. for what they did,they are business men doing what they know to do best w/other peoples money.They are there only for the money,other wise,they would be just small time car lovers just like us.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD June 15th 2015, 12:25 pm

Thanks maverick

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD June 15th 2015, 12:29 pm

Yea Rick, it's all about the money

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt June 15th 2015, 7:55 pm

You can't win enough to field a top fuel car. You have to follow the money, or buy your own way.

If you won every race and ran every correct sticker, you wouldn't win what it cost to race for one year. NHRA is the reason. They will not let anyone have a financial interest that can promote the sport.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior June 15th 2015, 7:58 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:I really don't blame John Force,Larry Morgan etc. for what they did,they are business men doing what they know to do best w/other peoples money.They are there only for the money,other wise,they would be just small time car lovers just like us.

X 2..

Afterall, Force came to Ford after driving Pontiac's....
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick June 15th 2015, 8:10 pm

Curt wrote:You can't win enough to field a top fuel car. You have to follow the money, or buy your own way.

If you won every race and ran every correct sticker, you wouldn't win what it cost to race for one year. NHRA is the reason. They will not let anyone have a financial interest that can promote the sport.

Even the stickers can be a tricky deal. Some years ago, a friend and I qualified his 23T roadster at an IHRA event. We were informed that we had won a Holley Top Qualifier award and that we should take the car to the Holley trailer to claim the cash prize. Once there, we were informed that the decal on the car wasn't the right one. It had "Holley Carburetors" on it, but didn't have the "HP" on it.
When my friend informed them that the decal was the one Holley supplied in the box with the brand new carb, they still refused to pay...but offered an appeal form to be filled out and sent to Holley for final judgement. They turned it down.

Curt, "CORRECT STICKER" is the operative phrase here. Rolling Eyes
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans June 15th 2015, 9:16 pm

Wow, we have persons on here that HATE dragsters, with a Ford engine, and think that a funny car with a Ford decal is a ford and think that a funny car with a chev decal is a chey.Rolling Eyes

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon June 15th 2015, 9:46 pm

Those people need to attend one of Randy's little seminars.Sensitivity,i'm a believer. Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  bcr466 June 16th 2015, 3:34 am

I only watch now to see Morgan maintain his first round losses. This proves it was not the car he had. Although he does have a win. Crying about track prep but the other cars got down it.
bcr466
bcr466

http://cracing@frontiernet.net

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD June 16th 2015, 8:28 am

bbf-falcon wrote:Those people need to attend one of Randy's little seminars.Sensitivity,i'm a believer. Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Ya have to appreciate his honesty...just shut-up and listen, haha.

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockRanger June 16th 2015, 8:52 am

Say what you will about John Force, but that top end interview was hands-down the best of the season. That's the kind of passion that is missing (or is never shown on tv) from a lot of motorsports these days.
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech June 16th 2015, 9:21 am

I record and watch any drag racing that I can get on TV here in Canuckland....I like to watch Pro stock mostly. It's way out of my league but the sound of a 500" beast with 2 domi's at 11,000rpm is something I enjoy. Wink I usually check Motormania weekly to see where they are broadcasting from. Makes for good lunch time entertainment at work some Thursdays and Friday's.
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenW June 16th 2015, 9:34 am

bcr466 wrote:I only watch now to see Morgan maintain his first round losses. This proves it was not the car he had. Although he does have a win. Crying about track prep but the other cars got down it.

That's a little unfair. Morgan has qualified in the top half of the field in 5 of the 10 races, and has made it out of the first round 5 times with a semi-final and, as you say, a win at Charlotte and is 7th in points. I'd be surprised if that comes anywhere his results in a Ford.

As much as I bleed blue, Ford's last pro stock attempt was hopelessly underfunded and therefore under performing
StephenW
StephenW

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle June 16th 2015, 10:50 am

NHRA? What's that????

Oh, wait a minute... Is that the racing show that gets pre-empted for other sports...? Or even Sportscenter?

I couldn't tell you the last time I watched drag racing on TV. It had to be a few years ago around the same I cancelled my subscription to Nat'l Dragster...

Only events I'll go to now are the Sportsman deals...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues June 16th 2015, 11:06 am

jbozzelle wrote:NHRA?  What's that????

Oh, wait a minute... Is that the racing show that gets pre-empted for other sports...?  Or even Sportscenter?

I couldn't tell you the last time I watched drag racing on TV.  It had to be a few years ago around the same I cancelled my subscription to Nat'l Dragster...

Only events I'll go to now are the Sportsman deals...

Agree
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt June 16th 2015, 6:01 pm

maverick wrote:

Curt,  "CORRECT STICKER" is the operative phrase here. Rolling Eyes

Trust me, the pros don't have that problem, nor do they advertise for anyone that isn't paying.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next