BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All forged 466 efi build with turbo later

4 posters

Go down

All forged 466 efi build with turbo later Empty All forged 466 efi build with turbo later

Post  octanehuffer October 21st 2015, 1:27 pm

I've decided to put a big block into my car and have a D9 block and TRW forged pistons new in the box. I don't have anything else, but really just want no more than 1000 hp out of this block. I'm looking to build an all forged setup with billet caps to have fun with for a couple of years. EFI is the goal right from the get go. Is it going to be reasonable to slap on an Edelbrock efi intake and off the shelf edelbrock heads to get me going and maybe a year from now toss on a 106mm turbo? Future plans are a much better block, but for now, I want to utilize the block I have. Its going to completely allow me to get my car built around a 385 series.
octanehuffer
octanehuffer

Back to top Go down

All forged 466 efi build with turbo later Empty Re: All forged 466 efi build with turbo later

Post  dfree383 October 21st 2015, 1:37 pm

octanehuffer wrote:I've decided to put a big block into my car and have a D9 block and TRW forged pistons new in the box. I don't have anything else, but really just want no more than 1000 hp out of this block. I'm looking to build an all forged setup with billet caps to have fun with for a couple of years. EFI is the goal right from the get go. Is it going to be reasonable to slap on an Edelbrock efi intake and off the shelf edelbrock heads to get me going and maybe a year from now toss on a 106mm turbo? Future plans are a much better block, but for now, I want to utilize the block I have. Its going to completely allow me to get my car built around a 385 series.

If you are going to be putting caps on it anyway an A460 block is a better start for the money and you won't have to upgrade later. or just leave it a 2 bolt and put the monet towards a better block later.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

All forged 466 efi build with turbo later Empty Re: All forged 466 efi build with turbo later

Post  octanehuffer October 21st 2015, 1:54 pm

You think the main caps will be fine with 15 lbs of boost? Im doing a forged crank and h beam rods just to be safe. I was planing for an eliminator block later, but for now the D9 will get me going. I'm on year 3 of a caged, 4 link, back half I'm building my self. Its very expensive already! Chromoly tubing, tubing bender, tig welder, Strange everything, Billet specialties, Wilwood, alstons suspension. Its a roller now and in 5 years when I'm ready to build a super powerplant, I do it then, but for now I need to keep it budget friendly. All I'm looking for is to get a solid engine swap. The car has a bone stock modular engine, so its kind of a heafty upgrade to be deciding at last minute. I'll probably sell the engine complete after its served me well. I'd like to get the car established and build around the big block over the next several years kind of deal. Any input on a decent head and intake?
octanehuffer
octanehuffer

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper October 22nd 2015, 9:12 am

15 pounds of boost on that motor will be 1500-1800 hp depending on some factors. No body cares about boost numbers and you can't just say I only want to make x pounds of boost because you need to worry about other stuff first.

The combo you described will get what you want. Heads, intake, and some others can be a little off and still make a ton of power.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  octanehuffer October 22nd 2015, 11:10 am

Whoa. That's good to hear. I've typically been playing with small block and modulars. 15 lbs is fairly standard ob a stock block and I just figured it would have been a conservative guess. If I need to detune to 8lbs to keep it safe, so be it. It will also be better for an air to air intercooler setup. Thank you
octanehuffer
octanehuffer

Back to top Go down

Post  gmsmkr October 22nd 2015, 3:40 pm

I got a buddy that has one on low boost... he is on this site just don't get on much (sandviper) shoot him a pm and he can tell you how much balls his has.... is making 1000 ft-lbs by 5500rpm I think
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 October 22nd 2015, 4:25 pm

octanehuffer wrote:You think the main caps will be fine with 15 lbs of boost? Im doing a forged crank and h beam rods just to be safe. I was planing for an eliminator block later, but for now the D9 will get me going. I'm on year 3 of a caged, 4 link, back half I'm building my self. Its very expensive already! Chromoly tubing, tubing bender, tig welder, Strange everything, Billet specialties, Wilwood, alstons suspension. Its a roller now and in 5 years when I'm ready to build a super powerplant, I do it then, but for now I need to keep it budget friendly. All I'm looking for is to get a solid engine swap. The car has a bone stock modular engine, so its kind of a heafty upgrade to be deciding at last minute. I'll probably sell the engine complete after its served me well. I'd like to get the car established and build around the big block over the next several years kind of deal. Any input on a decent head and intake?

Honestly I think caps on a stock block are a waste of money with the aftermarket stuff thats avalaible.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down