BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad news from my neuro surgeon.

+27
jeffgfg
jones
DILLIGASDAVE
Mike R
Barney
TravisRice
JACKAZZFLATZ
bigblockfox468
56Tbird
whitefield
70429scj
jasonf
bruno
maverick
bbf-falcon
Moodyblues
dfree383
69F100
billandlori
aquartlow
John Myrick
69bluehotrod
Wes Littrell
61coon
cool40
gmsmkr
dr's wife racing
31 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bad news from my  neuro surgeon.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad news from my neuro surgeon.

Post  TravisRice December 21st 2015, 1:39 pm

Ward just shot me a text. He's out of surgery and already feels less pain than when he went in. Keep him in your thoughts, I'm sure he will post here when he feels up to it.

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Bad news from my  neuro surgeon.   - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad news from my neuro surgeon.

Post  Barney December 21st 2015, 8:06 pm

Sorry to hear Ward.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R December 21st 2015, 8:56 pm

Ward, I "literally" feel your pain. Surgery is my next option. Heal quick bud.

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon December 21st 2015, 9:32 pm

I texted Ward earlier and he said he'd post up when was thinkin clearer. He's doin good though. Ol Ward is tougher than 9 dollars worth of jawbreakers....
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield December 21st 2015, 11:46 pm

61coon wrote:I texted Ward earlier and he said he'd post up when was thinkin clearer. He's doin good though. Ol Ward is tougher than 9 dollars worth of jawbreakers....

Thanks for the update ! Red
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 December 21st 2015, 11:50 pm

whitefield wrote:
61coon wrote:I texted Ward earlier and he said he'd post up when was thinkin clearer. He's doin good though. Ol Ward is tougher than 9 dollars worth of jawbreakers....

Thanks for the update ! Red
x2! Stay strong Ward!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE December 22nd 2015, 6:10 am

Man that sucks Ward. Hope the surgery helps.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing December 22nd 2015, 8:50 am

Well they didn't kill me this time. Holley cow I am sore. They had to remove all the old hardwear. They did fuse three levels. The neurological pain is gone. I can raise my arms above my head again. Still no strength but hopefully it will return. Dr Gavan said he knew he was in the right place because there was a large segment of the disc that had came off and was compressing the c3 nereve. He did several other things while he was there.i am so thankful this surgery is over. Thank all of y'all for your prayers a nd concern. You will have to wait and see what I show up with at the bash this yr. I don't even know my self yet.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jones December 22nd 2015, 9:07 am

dr's wife racing wrote:Well they didn't kill me this time. Holley cow I am sore. They had to remove all the old hardwear. They did fuse three levels. The neurological pain is gone. I can raise my arms above my head again. Still no strength but hopefully it will return. Dr Gavan said he knew he was in the right place because there was a large segment of the disc that had came off and was compressing the c3 nereve. He did several other things while he was there.i am so thankful this surgery is over. Thank all of y'all for your prayers a nd concern. You will have to wait and see what I show up with at the bash this yr. I don't even know my self yet.

Congratulations! I know what you are going through! Hopefully they removed all of the ruptured disc and your nerves will start to heal.

My nerves where so damaged that I never regained complete function in my entire left leg.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing December 22nd 2015, 9:49 am

The doc sau it did not look like the nereve suffered permanent damage. He was encouraged by my strength starting to return quickly. Said becarful with so many fused in a row.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jones December 22nd 2015, 10:34 am

dr's wife racing wrote:The doc sau it did not look like the nereve suffered permanent damage. He was encouraged by my strength starting to return quickly.  Said becarful with so many fused in a row.  

That's great!

I walk with a limp now but every time I fall or get ticked off, I think back to how much pain I was in and being bed ridden. Then it makes me realize how blessed I am.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  gmsmkr December 22nd 2015, 11:09 am

Glad to hear it went well ward, keep your head up and don't over do your self
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori December 22nd 2015, 12:02 pm

Great to hear Ward!! They can do amazing things and our bodies can bounce back from some pretty bad stuff!!

Heal quick!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  jeffgfg December 22nd 2015, 12:11 pm

Ward hoping you have a speedy recovery!! I had my first back surgery when I was 17, I have worked in construction ever since. In those 43 years I had 3 more surgeries removing 3 disc for a total of 5(!!!) and "cleaning up" some scar tissue. They told me I could never work construction, for 43 years I proved them wrong. Stay strong!! You'll be back better than ever!

jeffgfg

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 December 22nd 2015, 12:32 pm

Get well buddy
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbfstanger December 22nd 2015, 1:58 pm

glad to here things went good for you Ward. hope it keeps improving for ya.
john

bbfstanger

Back to top Go down

Bad news from my  neuro surgeon.   - Page 2 Empty cool

Post  70429scj December 25th 2015, 11:46 am

didn't get much of a chance to check in but sounds like a merry Christmas is order!! Now get outta that bed and start whipping on them youngsters at the track.
Steve
70429scj
70429scj

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing December 25th 2015, 11:57 pm

Truly a Merry Christmas is in order I want take a few min. And thank everyone who has been in contact with me thru this ordeal. Several folks contacted me thru PMs or privately. It has ment so much to me. My phone is loaded with well wish's. There were a lot of long sleepless nights before this surgery.This problem with my neck has gone on a long time with progressive increases occurance and severity. So it wore me down
There were a lot of bad thoughts in my head. I looked at this sight a lot. It was something to try and keep me from a total come apart. It must have helped I'm still here typing this.
I talked about selling my car, everyone discouraged me from doing so. I did sell the chassis. It was not a easy decision. I guess I always want to do things when I'm ready. It is a great car and I think y'all will be seeing it again. I'm comfortable with selling the car. That leaves me with a complete and almost new alum block A head 605 I'm trying to figure out what to do with. Find something that is not so viollent that I could stand to use it in put it up for sale and go a different direction for a race car / play set up. Thought of a kit cobra or something of that order. I just can't see being happy bracket racing a 7.00 car. I could be wrong.
Some how I got off my intended topic which is to let y'all folks know how much it helped. I fell like my progress is good. But not speedy lol Still can't do much. But each day seems to be a little better. Feel like I'm getting some strength back and intrest as well. Guess if I got that much help when I was down I could use some input on what I might do for future car interest
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing December 26th 2015, 11:05 am

Reason I mentioned a 7.0 car is thought had crossed my mind to take the white cobra /5 speed car lighten it up, put a Glide with a brake, gears and do a dual purpose 7.0 bracket car.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield December 26th 2015, 11:41 am

Ward glad to see you are up and typiing on the key board ! I hope all keeps going in the right direction for you ! Don't worry about racing until you get better , we will keep praying for you .

Last edited by whitefield on December 27th 2015, 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 December 26th 2015, 2:53 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:Reason I mentioned a 7.0 car is thought had crossed my mind to take the white cobra /5 speed car lighten it up, put a Glide with a brake, gears and do a dual purpose 7.0 bracket car.  
I would likely hang on to the 605 if you can, and try the 7.0 deal and see how you like it. The FAST series stuff looked like it would be a lot of fun also but, it might not be local to you or doable. I am also with the other guys, what the doctor says is not written in stone, and working on these hotrods can also be as unheathy as driving them from my experience.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues December 26th 2015, 3:25 pm

Good to hear Ward. Been praying and will continue. Get well soon.
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 December 26th 2015, 3:43 pm

Don't worry about it now.wait and see how you feel around spring time. Wink
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing December 26th 2015, 10:24 pm

supervel45 wrote:
dr's wife racing wrote:Reason I mentioned a 7.0 car is thought had crossed my mind to take the white cobra /5 speed car lighten it up, put a Glide with a brake, gears and do a dual purpose 7.0 bracket car.  
                                                                                                                 I would likely hang on to the 605 if you can, and try the 7.0 deal and see how you like it. The FAST series stuff looked like it would be a lot of fun also but, it might not be local to you or doable. I am also with the other guys, what the doctor says is not written in stone, and working on these hotrods can also be as unheathy as driving them from my experience.

That was why I decided to let the car go. I could not manage the car by myself. When I remarried almost 11 yrs ago. To my lovely and supportive wife I must say. I moved about 40 min away from my home town where most of my racing friends live. I just havnt found many friends here that share my interest. Every one is 30 min away which is just too far to help me load unload set the front end off ect. My oldest son is away at college my younger tow are too small and like several yrs being able to help. I used to basically have to tell the neighborhood kids that I was going to bed so they needed to go home. Just seems none of the teenagers around here have no intrest. My health just isn't what it was either. I'm a type 1 diabetic as well.
I don't have to or even need to sell the 605. No one has told me I have to get rid of of it. I'd prob. Keep it then just to piss them off. I've never been one to keep things sitting around that I don't use. That's why I was looking for ways that I might put it to use. Holley springs was the closest good track that had fun stuff to run on a consistent basis. Those poor folks were hit hard. I'm sure they will rebuild.
The cobra would basically be a trans / gear swap. Just looking for thoughts on what I might do with it. The thought had crossed my mind of a big car, maybe a calmer version of something kind of like Keith's car. And leave the juice off it. just a thought ??
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Bad news from my  neuro surgeon.   - Page 2 Empty Follow up.

Post  dr's wife racing January 7th 2016, 11:15 pm

Had my first follow up with my surgeon today. Had X-rays ect. He says every thing is lined up good and it looks like the bone grafts are trying to take. Pain is still much better. It is nice to be alive again.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next