BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!

+16
powerstrokeace
jasonf
XEngr
richter69
bbf-falcon
BigRigTech
85bigblockfox
Doug Rahn
dr's wife racing
res0rli9
whitefield
61coon
torino501
jbozzelle
gmsmkr
cool40
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 Empty Re: f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!

Post  cool40 January 4th 2016, 12:27 am

56Tbird wrote:sounds like a good deal to me. My girlfriend bought Harold Webster's truck,it had 92,000 on it .2001 model and I had to put both upper ball joints in it. It has a lot more power than my 94 powerstroke. I' say buy it,one with that kind of miles is almost impossible to find.they are really good trucks too.
I have a buyer for my f250 tomorrow hopefully,if it leaves I'm going to buy it and the trailer. Very Happy I've got to buy the trailer to get the truck and it needs some tlc but I think it's a good deal.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 7307
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 52
Location : on the 1/8 mile dyno

Back to top Go down

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 Empty Re: f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!

Post  56Tbird January 4th 2016, 1:09 am

Good luck Lee, I hope it works out good for you!
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 5260
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 65
Location : Hawesville,Ky.

Back to top Go down

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 Empty Re: f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!

Post  cool40 January 4th 2016, 1:41 am

56Tbird wrote:Good luck Lee, I hope it works out good for you!
thanks Dan and everyone else for the replies. Cool
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 7307
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 52
Location : on the 1/8 mile dyno

Back to top Go down

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 Empty Re: f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!

Post  jasonf January 4th 2016, 3:35 am

bbf-falcon wrote:How much cutting is required Keith?

The headlights need a fair amount to clear the back of the 05 housing. It is all fiberglass so it is real easy with a cut off wheel. They make grills that bolt right in but look like the 05+. The difference is the bottom bar. To make it fit they lazer cut about an inch off the bottom of the 07 grill and it will fit on an 04 and earlier.

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 Newheadlights_zps94ba0962

Here is a "how to" article to do it yourself but you can buy them precut on ebay.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/712978-cutting-an-05-grill-to-fit-a-99-04-a.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-CHROME-GRILLE-CONVERSION-FITS-1999-2004-SUPER-DUTY-2005-2006-2007-F250-F350-/121085308630?hash=item1c313f2ed6:g:mO8AAOSwYHxWJ7B6&vxp=mtr
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 2990
Join date : 2009-07-14
Age : 54
Location : Lafayette, LA

Back to top Go down

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 Empty Re: f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!

Post  res0rli9 January 5th 2016, 1:53 am

bbf-falcon wrote:How much cutting is required Keith?

Rick the head lights where all ready done when I got it so all I had to do was change the grill, no cutting.
I think the head lights are bolt in also. If and when you do it go buy stainless steel screws for the grill,
mine started rusting in about 3wks.

edit:
I looked for you Rick, its easy just will take some time.

Here's two videos to show how its done. easy peezzy
Part 1&2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKzHkcG6Gbg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CThI3Zieff0

This video shows a guy just cutting out the head lights with out take it all apart.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJjk_xH5pYg

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 3351
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 74
Location : sarasota FL.

Back to top Go down

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 Empty Re: f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!

Post  cool40 January 7th 2016, 9:30 pm

This 48' trailer is long! This stock 7.3 don't run away with it either! What is the best upgrades for it?  f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 20160107_143227.
f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 20160107_161145
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 7307
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 52
Location : on the 1/8 mile dyno

Back to top Go down

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 Empty Re: f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!

Post  QtrWarrior January 7th 2016, 9:53 pm

Funny you should post this...I'm going to look at a 48' trailer tomorrow..
Plan on pulling it with my 99 7.3..

Start with a cold air box and exhaust...
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Posts : 2690
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 64
Location : Bloomingdale, Ga

Back to top Go down

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 Empty Re: f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!

Post  FalconEh January 7th 2016, 10:15 pm

Nice Lee, may have to change you handle to Cool48 , or Cool40+ Razz
FalconEh
FalconEh

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2014-08-21
Location : on the blacktop or in the mountains ????

Back to top Go down

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 Empty Re: f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!

Post  61coon January 7th 2016, 10:18 pm

Real nice setup Lee! Love those trucks. That trailer is pretty sweet too. I don't think you'll regret buying both!
61coon
61coon

Posts : 1824
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 46
Location : Hillsboro,TN

Back to top Go down

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 Empty Re: f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!

Post  cool40 January 7th 2016, 10:21 pm

QtrWarrior wrote:Funny you should post this...I'm going to look at a 48' trailer tomorrow..
Plan on pulling it with my 99 7.3..

Start with a cold air box and exhaust...
my 36' is easier to get around but not much. I hauled my Jeep Wrangler back home in this thing so it ain't like it was loaded heavy but I wasn't real impressed with power. this trailer needs tlc but I think it was a deal when I look at others online for sale. Hell it may be for sale! Laughing
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 7307
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 52
Location : on the 1/8 mile dyno

Back to top Go down

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 Empty Re: f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!

Post  61coon January 7th 2016, 10:24 pm

Wonder how your white and red trailer would do behind it? I'd say a whole lot better. That '45 footer is a hoss.
61coon
61coon

Posts : 1824
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 46
Location : Hillsboro,TN

Back to top Go down

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 Empty Re: f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!

Post  cool40 January 7th 2016, 10:26 pm

FalconEh wrote:Nice Lee, may have to change you handle to Cool48 , or Cool40+ Razz
lol...you know it's a long sob when it has rollers on the back to keep from hanging up in tight spots! Laughing

61coon wrote:Real nice setup Lee! Love those trucks. That trailer is pretty sweet too. I don't think you'll regret buying both!
thanks Red! I love the truck without that big trailer behind it. I bet it wouldn't even know the 36' featherlite was hooked to it!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 7307
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 52
Location : on the 1/8 mile dyno

Back to top Go down

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 Empty Re: f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!

Post  cool40 January 7th 2016, 10:28 pm

61coon wrote:Wonder how your white and red trailer would do behind it? I'd say a whole lot better. That '45 footer is a hoss.
I measured it after I got it home...its 48' Embarassed I guess it grew 3' on the way home Razz
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 7307
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 52
Location : on the 1/8 mile dyno

Back to top Go down

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 Empty Re: f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!

Post  61coon January 7th 2016, 10:31 pm

cool40 wrote:
61coon wrote:Wonder how your white and red trailer would do behind it? I'd say a whole lot better. That '45 footer is a hoss.
I measured it after I got it home...its 48' Embarassed I guess it grew 3' on the way home Razz

Lol.
61coon
61coon

Posts : 1824
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 46
Location : Hillsboro,TN

Back to top Go down

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 Empty Re: f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!

Post  torino501 January 7th 2016, 11:32 pm

cool40 wrote:
QtrWarrior wrote:Funny you should post this...I'm going to look at a 48' trailer tomorrow..
Plan on pulling it with my 99 7.3..

Start with a cold air box and exhaust...
my 36' is easier to get around but not much. I hauled my Jeep Wrangler back home in this thing so it ain't like it was loaded heavy but I wasn't real impressed with power. this trailer needs tlc but I think it was a deal when I look at others online for sale. Hell it may be for sale! Laughing

i love the simplicity of the 7.3L... but power makers their not... not by todays standards. that 6.7L is at 440 hp 860 tq...? its a running and pulling sombitch... wont get into the issues though.my personal truck a 2010 with the 6.4L is fully deleted with a very conservative 30 hp tune.so im about 380 hp 770 tq. I pull a 43 ft triple axle toy hauler. it goes over the scale 15,5k empty. fully loaded w 100 gall of water its about 20k. truck empty weighs 8800. with a 75 aux tank, full tank.dogs,kids, other crap its close to 10k. I ordered this truck. its a k/r 4x4 dually. the kicker is it has a 4.10 gear. it makes a hell of a difference when it comes to pulling. any way it pulls the shit out of my rig. I guess what im saying its gonna take a lot of hp to pull that rig the way YOU want it. but at the expense of durability and longevity...

torino501

Posts : 417
Join date : 2013-05-08
Location : THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS!!!

Back to top Go down

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 Empty Re: f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!

Post  cool40 January 7th 2016, 11:55 pm

torino501 wrote:
cool40 wrote:
QtrWarrior wrote:Funny you should post this...I'm going to look at a 48' trailer tomorrow..
Plan on pulling it with my 99 7.3..

Start with a cold air box and exhaust...
my 36' is easier to get around but not much. I hauled my Jeep Wrangler back home in this thing so it ain't like it was loaded heavy but I wasn't real impressed with power. this trailer needs tlc but I think it was a deal when I look at others online for sale. Hell it may be for sale! Laughing

i love the simplicity of the 7.3L... but power makers their not... not by todays standards. that 6.7L is at 440 hp 860 tq...? its a running and pulling sombitch... wont get into the issues though.my personal truck a 2010 with the 6.4L is fully deleted with a very conservative 30 hp tune.so im about 380 hp  770 tq. I pull a 43 ft triple axle toy hauler. it goes over the scale 15,5k empty. fully loaded w 100 gall of water its about 20k. truck empty weighs 8800. with a 75 aux tank, full tank.dogs,kids, other crap its close to 10k. I ordered this truck. its a k/r 4x4 dually. the kicker is it has a 4.10 gear. it makes a hell of a difference when it comes to pulling. any way it pulls the shit out of my rig. I guess what im saying its gonna take a lot of hp to pull that rig the way YOU want it. but at the expense of durability and longevity...
I have more time than money so I'll do some simple upgrades and take the slow lane. Lol
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 7307
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 52
Location : on the 1/8 mile dyno

Back to top Go down

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 Empty Re: f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!

Post  Lem Evans January 7th 2016, 11:58 pm

"What is the best upgrades for it?"

F450 with a 6.7.

Lem Evans

Posts : 7445
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 Empty Re: f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!

Post  cool40 January 8th 2016, 12:22 am

Lem Evans wrote: "What is the best upgrades for it?"

F450 with a 6.7.  
where would a guy find one? Suspect this is the first truck I've bought that wasn't wrecked! Clean title.... Laughing
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 7307
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 52
Location : on the 1/8 mile dyno

Back to top Go down

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 Empty Re: f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!

Post  jbozzelle January 8th 2016, 10:06 am

If you don't want to cut the header panel to update the lights you can just swap the whole header panel from the newer truck and also swap bumpers too to get the grill to clear.  Most everything bolts on from year to year on those trucks.

Get some 4" exhaust from the turbo back, cold air intake (if you can stand the noise it'll make) and a tuner.  That'll wake it up a good bit.  What gear is in it?  Also, you may want to just bite the bullet now and put some bigger injectors in it with a matched chip.

I regret trading my 2001 7.3 F250 in when I got my F150. Should've kept it just to tow the race car around with. Live and learn...

jbozzelle

Posts : 3705
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 49
Location : New Orleans

Back to top Go down

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 Empty Re: f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!

Post  torino501 January 8th 2016, 10:08 am

Lem Evans wrote: "What is the best upgrades for it?"

F450 with a 6.7.  

unfortunately I have to agree....

torino501

Posts : 417
Join date : 2013-05-08
Location : THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS!!!

Back to top Go down

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 Empty Re: f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!

Post  BigRigTech January 8th 2016, 10:18 am

jbozzelle wrote:If you don't want to cut the header panel to update the lights you can just swap the whole header panel from the newer truck and also swap bumpers too to get the grill to clear.  Most everything bolts on from year to year on those trucks.

Get some 4" exhaust from the turbo back, cold air intake (if you can stand the noise it'll make) and a tuner.  That'll wake it up a good bit.  What gear is in it?  Also, you may want to just bite the bullet now and put some bigger injectors in it with a matched chip.

I regret trading my 2001 7.3 F250 in when I got my F150.  Should've kept it just to tow the race car around with.  Live and learn...

X2 - but also delete the EBPV and air intake heater. Make sure there are no up pipe or boost leaks as well...Gauges and 4" exhaust best done BEFORE a tuner is added. A turbo/wheel/turbine housing upgrade may help too by lowering EGT's. A pyro and a tranny temp gauge is a must hauling that big Sum' bitch of a trailer. a 6.0 tranny cooler would help too. My 99 hauled a 36ft camper most of its life. They had a 6.0 and 7.3 tranny cooler in it. affraid ...I had to remove the 7.3 cooler to install my plow frame kit.


Last edited by BigRigTech on January 8th 2016, 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Posts : 763
Join date : 2013-06-17
Location : Hatchet Lake, Nova Scotia, Canada

Back to top Go down

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 Empty Re: f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!

Post  torino501 January 8th 2016, 10:21 am

the problem with the 7.3L it just doesn't have the heads to flow more air... by todays power numbers. shit the 6.0/6.4L just kick the livin shit out of the 7.3L in power and torque. don't get me wrong I love the 7.3L... its just the wrong tool for the job at hand. there's no way a 7.3L could pull my rig fully loaded with out some guts hangin out.

torino501

Posts : 417
Join date : 2013-05-08
Location : THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS!!!

Back to top Go down

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 Empty Re: f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!

Post  Lem Evans January 8th 2016, 11:50 am

cool40 wrote:
Lem Evans wrote: "What is the best upgrades for it?"

F450 with a 6.7.  
where would a guy find one? Suspect  this is the first truck I've bought that wasn't wrecked! Clean title.... Laughing


Wrecked motor coach and rebuilt stacker....maybe? bom

Lem Evans

Posts : 7445
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 Empty Re: f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!

Post  BigRigTech January 8th 2016, 12:13 pm

A few mods and that old girl will do the trick just fine. You won't win the races on the hills but you won't have the big payments or the "cab off" repair bills to go with the 6.7's either!
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Posts : 763
Join date : 2013-06-17
Location : Hatchet Lake, Nova Scotia, Canada

Back to top Go down

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 Empty Re: f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!

Post  cool40 January 8th 2016, 2:20 pm

It'll do all I need to with a little work. I do all my racing on the track! Twisted Evil
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 7307
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 52
Location : on the 1/8 mile dyno

Back to top Go down

f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!  - Page 2 Empty Re: f350 prices UPDATE! I got it!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum