BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which lightweight brakes, strange or wilwood? Is there much difference?

5 posters

Go down

Which lightweight brakes, strange or wilwood? Is there much difference? Empty Which lightweight brakes, strange or wilwood? Is there much difference?

Post  rocketpony April 22nd 2016, 12:54 am

The wilwood is $100 cheaper than the strange kit for the front. Is there much difference?
Which one?
Thanks

rocketpony

Back to top Go down

Which lightweight brakes, strange or wilwood? Is there much difference? Empty Re: Which lightweight brakes, strange or wilwood? Is there much difference?

Post  Moodyblues August 18th 2016, 10:52 am

Both are reputable companies. That being said I never go cheaper on parts, they cost more for a reason in most cases.
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

Which lightweight brakes, strange or wilwood? Is there much difference? Empty Re: Which lightweight brakes, strange or wilwood? Is there much difference?

Post  whatbumper August 18th 2016, 12:01 pm

I won't use wilwood.  Nothing wrong with their functions; they work great.   We've had too many issues on fitment with different wheels. ( I should add these were always rear related with beadlocks. Lot's of extra machining.)

Last edited by whatbumper on August 18th 2016, 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino August 18th 2016, 6:51 pm

I have the Wilwood "DynaLite" brakes on my Torino. Nice stuff, it has the slotted and drilled rotors, and lightweight aluminum hubs. Never any fitment issues, but always double check everything.
Aerospace Components also has bad ass lightweight brakes too.

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDave65 August 21st 2016, 11:54 am

I prefer the Strange brakes over the Wilwood. I have Aerospace on the rear, Strange on the front, and have had no issues after almost 20 years. I have had to rebuild both during that time, but I believe it was a moisture issue not a problem with the parts themselves.
BigDave65
BigDave65

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down