BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions please

4 posters

Go down

Opinions please Empty Opinions please

Post  dirt_worker July 11th 2016, 2:53 pm

Ok fellas.....i put the bigger nitrous jets in the the truck last week and hit the chassis dyno to dial in the tune. (it made GREAT power!) Ive never tried to put this much power down before and had some trouble. Here was the best lookin run of the day where it carried the wheels alil bit then blew the tires off right after the front end sat down. Ive never had it do this so i was kinda lost on how to compensate for it.

Take a look and tell me what you see, and how you may make a correction. (the direction i went made it worse!) Then the rain came and i was done.

Btw...its already been 5.90@117 on a 77 jet and i had a 110 in it here. between me peddling it and the shiftnoid hitting the shift as soon as it blew the tires off it made for a really crappy et...
dirt_worker
dirt_worker

Back to top Go down

Opinions please Empty Re: Opinions please

Post  BigDave65 July 11th 2016, 9:14 pm

Need a lot more info! What kind of front and rear suspension, what kind of shocks/spring rates, to start with?
BigDave65
BigDave65

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 July 11th 2016, 11:51 pm

Not Likely the answer you want as it's not suspension related but I'll ask anyway. Have you considered a progressive controller or a two stage deal with a plate and a Fogger? Better watch that happy gas you will be addicted shortly, and more is never enough, LoL.

PS: Another Answer You Won't Like Either, Very Low Tech, Trucks Like Weight at the Very Back.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE July 12th 2016, 2:48 am

Looks to me like it was bouncing on the sidewalls while the nose was in the air causing the repeated traction skip/grab/skip oscillation. Then when the nose came back down that completely unloaded the back end and you had to pedal it.

I forget is the truck leafspring & Caltracks out back, or Ladder bars?
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  dirt_worker July 12th 2016, 7:07 am

Its got split monos in the rear w caltracs and double adj viking crusader shocks. Rebound on 8 and compression on 12 from full loose. The front has all fox body strut setup w 175lb springs w single adj strange struts set full loose. I do delay the nitrous hit and have had it go 1.36 in 60 so far w .14 delay on the .077 jet. W the .110 on this pass I had it set to delay .20.
The track wasnt great and I think that may have made the diffrence on it workinh or not. 

Btw...the ol truck made 956 rwhp on the .110 jet Wink
dirt_worker
dirt_worker

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 July 12th 2016, 7:40 am

dirt_worker wrote:Its got split monos in the rear w caltracs and double adj viking crusader shocks. Rebound on 8 and compression on 12 from full loose. The front has all fox body strut setup w 175lb springs w single adj strange struts set full loose. I do delay the nitrous hit and have had it go 1.36 in 60 so far w .14 delay on the .077 jet. W the .110 on this pass I had it set to delay .20.
The track wasnt great and I think that may have made the diffrence on it workinh or not. 

Btw...the ol truck made 956 rwhp on the .110 jet Wink

OK I did not know or remember you had progressive. I would not expect much with that much HP if the track was not in excellent shape. Hope you have some serious Axles, Ect., Looking Good.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down