BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dyno next week any hp guess's ///rod picture damage and dyno sheet added

+19
maverick
Doug Rahn
Mark Miller
Carl
pmrphil
Paul Kane
Frank Merkl
cletus66
cobra501
Straubtech
BOSS 429
DFI429
69F100
DaveMcLain
Gregaust
BBFTorino
rmcomprandy
IDT-572
5pointslow
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

dyno next week any hp guess's ///rod picture damage and dyno sheet added  Empty dyno next week any hp guess's ///rod picture damage and dyno sheet added

Post  5pointslow November 10th 2016, 10:53 am

getting put on the dyno at the end of the month at Bouchers racing engines here in Rowley Ma

472 ci
1050 dommy from Dan Davinchi custom to my build
custom solid lifter cam from randy malik
Eddy heads -out of the box cj heads with upgraded spring and good valve job , with cnc port intake entrys from eddelbrock
forged icon pistons around 12.5.1 compression with heads
mezierre water pump
plennum ported viktor intake

going to be ran on Vp 113
inner springs out for cam break in on the dyno then some pulls , I will keep this updated with dyno sheet and pics

in the fairmont i will have to slow it up , going to use ezplate sytem . Plan is to run 10.50 index locally

My guess is right around 600hp maybe a little less

You guys have any guess's on hp go for it

Last edited by 5pointslow on December 12th 2016, 10:58 am; edited 3 times in total
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

dyno next week any hp guess's ///rod picture damage and dyno sheet added  Empty Re: dyno next week any hp guess's ///rod picture damage and dyno sheet added

Post  IDT-572 November 10th 2016, 10:55 am

What heads and flow?
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

dyno next week any hp guess's ///rod picture damage and dyno sheet added  Empty Re: dyno next week any hp guess's ///rod picture damage and dyno sheet added

Post  5pointslow November 10th 2016, 10:55 am

my thread
https://www.429-460.com/t24243p25-fairmont-460-eddy-head-build-engine-pics-added-dyno-at-end-of-month

i will have to slow car up to run 10.50 im sure , i just hope the engine runs well and broken in and as a package holds up
im pretty pumped to see the results

cam is a flat tappet cam from Randy malik on 109 and if i recall im at work is 660/670 give or take each side without having card in front of me

5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow November 10th 2016, 10:57 am

IDT-572 wrote:What heads and flow?

not sure there out of the box eddy cj heads they have the factory cnc port inlets on intake
stock valve size with good valve job and upgraded spings
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 November 10th 2016, 11:01 am

651 Or very close
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow November 10th 2016, 2:21 pm

dyno next week any hp guess's ///rod picture damage and dyno sheet added  20161110

here is picture from the other day , put water pump on and painted engine and finished putting intake on afterwards

5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow November 10th 2016, 2:23 pm

IDT-572 wrote:651  Or very close

651 lol
i just know it will make over 400 hp

i have no number in mind just as long as it holds together and cam in broken in properly

5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy November 10th 2016, 8:12 pm

My guess is between 580 and 610 horsepower.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino November 11th 2016, 4:53 am

620-630

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregaust November 11th 2016, 5:49 am

Will be in the 600's for sure IMO. I had 650ish in mind too.

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow November 11th 2016, 8:01 am

i will post dyno sheet when its all said and done
im dropping it off the the 19th and said it would be a couple days to set it up and then he would call me to come in

im not familiar with different dyno's but this one is a stuska , i have no idea if good or bad

http://www.bouchersracing.com/Dyno/index.html
The guy Tom boucher that owns the place does a lot of super stock, stock eliminator stuff . He did not build the engine but using him for dyno services , his reputation in newengland seems to be pretty good

5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveMcLain November 11th 2016, 9:08 am

I'm thinking it'll probably make upper 500s for HP.

DaveMcLain

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy November 11th 2016, 10:14 am

5pointslow wrote:i will post dyno sheet when its all said and done
im dropping it off the the 19th and said it would be a couple days to set it up and then he would call me to come in

im not familiar with different dyno's but this one is a stuska , i have no idea if good or bad

http://www.bouchersracing.com/Dyno/index.html
The guy Tom boucher that owns the place does a lot of super stock, stock eliminator stuff . He did not build the engine but using him for dyno services , his reputation in new england seems to be pretty good

Really, the dynomometer brand is not all that important. The water brake and strain gauge just need to work correctly, (unless it is an eddy currect electric dyno which are usually the best), but, the data acquisition giving correct numbers is VERY important.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow November 11th 2016, 10:49 am

car being a faimont with me in it should be right around 3000lbs maybe 2900ish estimate

really would like to run a 10.00 and cut back to run 10.50 index so if chassis is working should really only need 500-530hp to be in the ball park

easier to slow it up than to try to go faster with it

5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow November 19th 2016, 10:39 am

just dropped it off this morning , said he will call when its all set up on dyno

bought 5 gallons of vp 113 man that stuff smells different , im sure the q stuff is even more funky

the carb i got from Dan davinchi , 1080 flowed and is suppose to be spot on told him i was using vp113 carb was not cheap so fingers crossed
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow December 5th 2016, 7:05 pm

Just got call ...made 620 and 570 ft lbs then rod broke
thinks by pieces the bolt failed ..h beam rods

Broke rod a bolt put a hole in pan ....not sure on damage picking it up on saturday.

I'm not happy

Details to follow
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 December 5th 2016, 7:40 pm

Hate to hear this happen
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow December 5th 2016, 7:47 pm

Rods new from eBay suppose to scat h beams
arp bolts

I will find out more on Saturday
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  DFI429 December 5th 2016, 7:48 pm

Really sucks to hear.. what rod/bolt combo did you use?  Didn't see anywhere in either thread.

EDIT: Just saw your post... EBay is a gamble...  gotta inspect inspect inspect
DFI429
DFI429

http://home.comcast.net/~dfi429/

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow December 5th 2016, 8:17 pm

I know buying those eBay h beams just cost
900$ dyno
Crank assuming
1 piston
Who knows head situation
Water was in oil so cylinder I assume is needed a sleeve

8 th pull was running great , good oil pressure act
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow December 6th 2016, 7:17 am

i have not seen the damage yet , going satuday to get it it (over an hour away )

after reading alot of storys online of "knock off" h beam rods and arp bolts , im going to assume that is the issue
i bought the rods from an ebay dealer store about a year ago . They were supposedly scat rods with arp 8740 bolts. I saw a lot of things just pulled up on google search about those knock off not being near the strength or bolts as good as the real deals.

if this is the case shame on me and i got what i got , i did not assemble the short block but i supplied the parts to a good local shop that i trust assembled and machined everything correctly. This shop did not have a dyno

I then brought it to Bouchers in rowley Ma , due to him having a dyno and being reputable.
Cam was broke in properly , 60lbs of oil pressure and this happened on the 8-9th dyno pull and happend coming down from wide open pull

On another note

I was not expecting to see 620hp , i really think the custom Cam Randy did was working awesome
I appreciate all the help on here guys , but back to the drawing board

I will post pictures this weekend when i take pan off
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 December 6th 2016, 11:26 am

If your going to by the lower price rods,always upgrade to the better bolts,but with that said look at the bearing,see if it changed color,if so and its black it spun. And the bolt breaking came after which means lack of oil
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow December 6th 2016, 12:08 pm

BOSS 429 wrote:

If your going to by the lower price rods,always upgrade to the better bolts,but with that said look at the bearing,see if it changed color,if so and its black it spun. And the bolt breaking came after which means lack of oil

i will look into that , i will post pictures as well .

I got the rods from ebay advertised as scat rods with arp8740 bolts and paid if i recall $429.99 but i would have to look and this was over a year ago . im no engine builder so i couldnt tell the diffeerence if they were knock offs or real scat rods.

The shop that dynoed it Bouchers racing engines the owner Tom he does a lot of super stock and stock eliminater stuff said oil pressure was very good and the bearing that came out looked great as well.
i wish i was there but he wanted to do it yesterday to go to Pri show and it over an hour away and couldnt leave work , bothers me is water in pan i just hope the heads not ruined and just that cylinder and maybe can sleeve it.

live and learn just sucks this time of year to have this happen

5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  Straubtech December 6th 2016, 12:36 pm

A lot of knockoff rods out there with "APR" rod bolts.

Straubtech

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 December 6th 2016, 4:32 pm

If the cust want to be there I make time for him,or i just wait to dyno it. some want to be there, I like it when they are.
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next