BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Th400 question

+9
BOSS 429
richter69
whitefield
Nevs
Mark Miller
Greg_P
lghting94
bruno
jones
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Th400 question - Page 2 Empty Re: Th400 question

Post  jones December 10th 2009, 12:18 pm

whitefield wrote:Dollar for Dollar the c-6 is the way to go period. The transmissions are are with in 5lbs of each other stock to stock comparison.A light weight Rossler without bellhousing sells for about 6000$ a loaded full roller c-6 with converter is about half that(3500$) I will weigh a dry C-6 and let you no the accual weight of it and the Th400.

Carl Rossler quoted me $2,704.95.Stage 2 with billet drum & 34 sprag yet. He strongly suggested I go with the stage 3 which would cost $3,454.95 That's with flywheel and jw bellhousing

Ross-Lock™️ Pro Tree Trans Brake Reverse Shift
*248 Gear Set
H.D. 34 Element Sprag
Rear Case Thrust Bearing
Glass Bead, Trim Ears, Prep Case for Racing
HP Overhaul New Bushings, Seals, Gaskets Clutches
High Flow HP Filter
Patented Snap ring Stabilizer
Special Design M300 Billet Input Shaft
CNC Modified Forward drum with over sized spline for extra durability with ROSSLER EXCLUSIVE Shaft retainer system to prevent Shaft Movement
Billet Forward Clutch Hub
Aircraft Grade Quality 7075-T6, Billet Aluminum High Gear Drum, Eliminates 4.5lbs of Rotating weight From Transmission. Also Prevents Drum Explosion!! For Durability and Safety, With Billet Steel Sleeve to Prevent Premature Sealing Ring Wear In Drum Bore.
HP HD Clutch Packs

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield December 10th 2009, 12:30 pm

In My Honest Opinion ! The aftermket has always been geared around or toward the GM crowed. This is why their are so few Hot rod trans parts for Ford and dare I say it the Mopar boys . Think about it all of these aftermarket Trans cases drums gear ratios valve bodies in put shafts tail shafts with rollerbearings ect. are all for gm. I would like to pick up the phone and order a c-4 or 904 trans ect. that is all new with improved oiling and more ridged case than a stock 40 year old case and enternals that us Ford and mopar boys are running. From BTE ATI TCI and more you can buy every piece for a PG and 90% of the th400 parts are the same way. Rossler, John Killgore, TCI Has a PRO X th400 that can withstand 3000hp (they claim). Extrem Automatics and a hole bunch more.

I do recall thet the pg is weeker when comparing stock to stock than a C-4 but we in the racing world built the performance parts for the pg . The C-6 is and always has been the strongest factory 3spd automatic and here again we build gm pos and send it of as the best thing sine sliced bread.

Being a true Ford person this is the way I look at it. I would run the c-4 until the power level gets out of hand and other factors do need to be considered such as weight traction gear ratio streetability or intended use. Then go with the c-6. until you just really feel you need to run a Glide. In the end it is what you want and expect out of your vehicle .

Sorry guy's I will get off of my soap box now ! scratch
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg_P December 10th 2009, 3:48 pm

Jones,

How much power are you gonna make?

My 2,200 Broader Performance C6 has been holding up to between 700 and 850+ HP in my 4160 lbs car for THREE YEARS. This includes lots of street driving.

Save the $$$, Deal with Jay (awesome customer service and product) and keep the Blue Oval all Blue.

Seriously. You are WAY overthinking this.

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg_P December 10th 2009, 3:50 pm

To be fair, I also had many parts cryo treated in the trans at Jay's suggestion..... Probably around 300 bucks worth or so.

Also did some to the converter.

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  jones December 10th 2009, 4:31 pm

We figure as the engine sits right now it should make close to 530hp and 580-590ftlbs then add a 100-200 shot of nitrous. Then next year if everything is still togather, I want to swap my iron heads out for a set of ported TFS and solid roller. My 79 supercab weighed 4,650lb with me in it. So I figure the 93 regular cab would weigh 4,000 - 4,300lb with me in it.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg_P December 10th 2009, 4:34 pm

Well, then IMHO you're in fact doing too much "thinking" on this one.

Jay's C6's are known dependable units. In fact, I was even running an auto valve body in my C6 at the power levels I listed, and the trans just wouldn't quit.

http://www.broaderperformance.com/C6%20transmissions%20and%20parts.htm

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2