BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About time to make the switch to lighter oil?

+7
IDT-572
Curt
rmcomprandy
dfree383
BBFTorino
cool40
bosshoss
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

About time to make the switch to lighter oil? - Page 2 Empty Re: About time to make the switch to lighter oil?

Post  dfree383 May 2nd 2017, 8:26 am

cool40 wrote:IMO........the dry sump is a game changer in regards to the oil control stuff. I have used 10/30 in place of 20/50 and saw very little difference in psi with hot oil. The external pump can usually be adjusted to do what you need it to. Just my .02...... study

Available volume or pump capacity
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

About time to make the switch to lighter oil? - Page 2 Empty Re: About time to make the switch to lighter oil?

Post  octanehuffer May 2nd 2017, 8:54 am

Lifter lube bore size should also be a considering factor
octanehuffer
octanehuffer

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 May 2nd 2017, 9:31 am

Scheaffer makes a 5w50 synthetic that I decided years ago works best for me. Good cold flow ability and heavy enough to do the job well.

I have ran as low as 10w30 in my engine with very little pressure drop, but saw no difference in oil temp or pressure or performance.

So back to the 5w50 I went.............. The engine I am running now has been together for I guess over 5 years now and bearings still look new.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2