BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weather Station

5 posters

Go down

Weather Station Empty Weather Station

Post  Racerdad96 May 9th 2017, 10:05 am

Looking for recommendations on a handheld weather station. Tell me what you are using and pros and cons please.
Racerdad96
Racerdad96

Back to top Go down

Weather Station Empty Re: Weather Station

Post  Hardy May 9th 2017, 10:37 am

Years ago my dad had one that we used religiously.  I don't remember which one it was, so I'm not much help here, but it was a nice tool for helping with dial ins.  It's predicted et was never dead on, but it was off by a fairly consistent number, so it was very useful actually.  I couldn't tell you what most are doing now days as we have gotten away from using the weather station (for no good reason).  I did download an app on my iphone recently that will load weather data from the nearest town.  It will give you everything needed to record weather conditions when you log your runs.  With good record keeping I think it could be just as useful as a handheld weather station and it cost me $1.99

Hardy

Back to top Go down

Post  t-bird racer May 9th 2017, 10:50 am

I have the Computech. I really like it. The customer service is great. They are local to me as well. It has all
the goodies, run predictor, and you can save your info as well.
t-bird racer
t-bird racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Racerdad96 May 10th 2017, 1:01 pm

Thanks for the input please if anyone has anything good or bad about any units they have used please post.
Racerdad96
Racerdad96

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt May 10th 2017, 1:12 pm

I use a thermo-hygrometer and a barometer, then convert it to DA. You can chart your cars performance very accurately with that info. I then keep data in a log book and predict off of a white board on my trailer wall.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick May 10th 2017, 6:54 pm

Those e.t. predictors are as good as the data you enter. If you religiously enter all your run data, they're pretty damned accurate. Naturally, the more runs you enter, the more accurate your predictions become...PROVIDED you don't mess with your tuneup.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down