BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evac System

3 posters

Go down

Evac System Empty Evac System

Post  bb429power June 25th 2017, 9:44 pm

So this is more out of curiosity than anything else, but how does everyone have their crankcase/exhaust evac system set up and how much vacuum does it pull at idle, how much when rpms increase? My question regarding how they are "set up" is this, do you just run a tube to each valve cover and call it a day or do you still have breathers on the other end of the valve covers? I currently have valve covers with two holes on each side of the engine, the front holes are my evacs, the rear holes are capped off. Without a doubt, it is pulling vacuum, but I am unsure if it is strong enough to keep pressure out of the crankcase. I see no reason to run additional breathers IF it is pulling enough vacuum, but I am seeing signs of pressure buildup with the rear holes capped off.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Evac System Empty Re: Evac System

Post  BBFTorino June 26th 2017, 12:10 am

The tubes going into the collectors need to have one way check valves in place. They only allow vacuum thru and not pressure.

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power June 26th 2017, 8:24 am

That's what I have, I used the AllStar Performance kit
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra June 27th 2017, 5:56 am

I used a vacuum gauge on mine and then took a punch and tapped the center of the check valve from each end
to move it back and forth a little to make sure they would pull the same vacuum , I've seen them new where you can blow air through one and cant blow any air through the other one so i used a gauge to make sure they're even. I cant remember what vacuum they pulled at idle but they would suck enough to hold tight to your palm and i never checked them to see what they do running down the track.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down