BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Mopar Spat Coming Out

+3
rmcomprandy
dfree383
supervel45
7 posters

Go down

Ford Mopar Spat Coming Out Empty Ford Mopar Spat Coming Out

Post  supervel45 November 23rd 2017, 4:27 pm

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2354522

Heard a few rumors and wondered what happened.

I am still trying to get past the 560Ci Std. Deck Stock Block BBC.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Ford Mopar Spat Coming Out Empty Re: Ford Mopar Spat Coming Out

Post  dfree383 November 23rd 2017, 8:42 pm

Looks like the standard bullet argument
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy November 23rd 2017, 11:38 pm

supervel45 wrote:http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2354

I am still trying to get past the 560Ci Std. Deck Stock Block BBC.

I have personally built a 572 big block Chevrolet using a 9.8" stock deck height 502 block ...
4.560" bore x 4.375" stroke.

However, most of the stuff talked about there IS a bunch of crap.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 November 24th 2017, 2:01 am

^ I was thinking of the Mark IV with the Std. 4.25" bore. I do not believe the big block rules allowed the big bore blocks as they where not produced when the cars came out from the factory ( MarkV and so on ), except maybe the BowTie Cam Am type racing blocks?

They let the C4 go as it was stock appearing enough as I recall, and I did not hear anything about TH200R4's and
TH350's in the BBC camp, bet they ran to?

BBC guys trying to get a leg up with letting aluminum big bore blocks in for 1969 ZL1 Clone Vettes and Camaros and letting the Hemi's get a few more cubic inch's to.

Anyway, the whole deal was very weak to me. I think the BBF Ford was just too much for Mopar and GM under the rules and they just could not hang.

Just Stick to the Factory Iron and Aluminum like the class was intended, and let the chips fall where they may.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy November 24th 2017, 10:30 am

supervel45 wrote:^ I was thinking of the Mark IV with the Std. 4.25" bore. I do not believe the big block rules allowed the big bore blocks as they where not produced when the cars came out from the factory ( MarkV and so on ), except maybe the BowTie Cam Am type racing blocks?

They let the C4 go as it was stock appearing enough as I recall, and I did not hear anything about TH200R4's and

BBC guys trying to get a leg up with letting aluminum big bore blocks in for 1969 ZL1 Clone Vettes and Camaros and letting the Hemi's get a few more cubic inch's to.

Anyway, the whole deal was very weak to me. I think the BBF Ford was just too much for Mopar and GM under the rules and they just could not hang.

Just Stick to the Factory Iron and Aluminum like the class was intended, and let the chips fall where they may.

SO, you are trying to say that a Chevrolet FACTORY Mark V block which went into millions of production street vehicles is not to be considered a "stock" block simply because it was not produced early enough ...?
That is ridiculous unless the rules have a specific cut-off date.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 November 24th 2017, 10:57 am

It's all a pecker waving contest........ and Lane is currently the Johnny Holmes.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino November 24th 2017, 5:20 pm

dfree383 wrote:It's all a pecker waving contest........ and Lane is currently the Johnny Holmes.
Hahahaha!!....great one!!

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R November 24th 2017, 6:29 pm

Sure is an entertaining read

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 November 24th 2017, 6:56 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
supervel45 wrote:^ I was thinking of the Mark IV with the Std. 4.25" bore. I do not believe the big block rules allowed the big bore blocks as they where not produced when the cars came out from the factory ( MarkV and so on ), except maybe the BowTie Cam Am type racing blocks?

SO, you are trying to say that a Chevrolet FACTORY Mark V block which went into millions of production street vehicles  is not to be considered a "stock" block simply because it was not produced early enough ...?

Yes, I believe the Mark V's and Tall Deck BBC's were not allowed in and rightfully so, as they were never in the early muscle from the factory.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  DanE November 24th 2017, 9:53 pm

Somewhat, I see the aftermarket block rule as a way to allow the others to have a bock that will live at the larger displacements and to achieve RING SEAL. Wink

DanE

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 November 24th 2017, 11:57 pm

dfree383 wrote:It's all a pecker waving contest........ and Lane is currently the Johnny Holmes.

Actually, Lane screwed so good they are begging him to come back as they liked it so much. Very Happy

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy November 26th 2017, 1:05 pm

DanE wrote: Somewhat, I see the aftermarket block rule as a way to allow the others to have a bock that will live at the larger displacements and to achieve RING SEAL. Wink

It is not illegal in "F.A.S.T." to fill the water jackets of a stock block.  
Stock Hemi blocks are not very easy to come by and the guy that runs that hemi is the one of two people in charge of making the rules. The wife of the other rules guy runs an L-88 Corvette in their "Factory Stock" class.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy November 26th 2017, 1:20 pm

supervel45 wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

SO, you are trying to say that a Chevrolet FACTORY Mark V block which went into millions of production street vehicles  is not to be considered a "stock" block simply because it was not produced early enough ...?

Yes, I believe the Mark V's and Tall Deck BBC's were not allowed in and rightfully so, as they were never in the early muscle from the factory.

A few years ago they were not allowed however, those Mark V blocks and even Bow-Tie blocks are allowed now ... factory O.E.M. aluminum blocks are NOT allowed in Corvettes for some reason but, you can run them in a Camaro.  Rolling Eyes

It is clearly evident that you have never raced or been involved in "F.A.S.T." or their "Factory Stock" class and those of us who have, can write a whole book on this "rules" bag of worms. Today it's allowed; tomorrow it isn't but, something else which wasn't allowed, now is.  The people in charge just don't want a continuing level playing field ... their reasoning can be debated forever.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 November 26th 2017, 8:45 pm

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2354522&page=4

Post 56

http://www.fastdrags.com/10.html

Rule 2.01 Updated 3/2/2010

That was the point of the YB Thread.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy November 27th 2017, 2:27 am

supervel45 wrote:http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2354522&page=4

Post 56

http://www.fastdrags.com/10.html

Rule 2.01 Updated 3/2/2010

That was the point of the YB Thread.

The people who started that thread have no real clue as to the actual crap which happens ... SO consistent with YB.

A ZL-! Corvette is not allowed with the original equipment O.E.M. engine block or any other aluminum engine block even though almost a hundred of them were sold through the normal Chevrolet dealership network but, iron block L-88 Corvettes are legal ... yet those aluminum blocks are allowed in Camaro's. ... they make rules as they please along the way to suit them simply because they think you are leaving the starting line to hard and they don't like that. Absolutely no plausibility of that kind of practice is mentioned anywhere in those written rules ... so, their legal racers and car count is diminishing.
It is their "sandbox", they can refuse to provide a level playing field if they want.

They do go by their rules most of the time ... unless they don't want to go by them; either letting things go for some cars and making-up bogus un-written rules for others.

Spend a lot of money on a car and confide by their written rules to the letter and be disqualified when you go faster than they think you should; real example: aftermarket lightweight aluminum brake calipers which resemble originals which are clearly legal by their own written rule yet being told you'll be disqualified.  Go home and change them or don't come back to race.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 November 27th 2017, 5:54 am

Interesting on the ZL1 1969 Vette. 1 to 5 of those cars are claimed to have been made versus 69 of the Camaro's. I guess they used the rarity to exclude them and I actually thought they let a few clones in. I guess not and I will let the Bowtie guys raise hell on that deal. I was looking at just Lane's posts on YB and ignoring the others, I think he made his case well. I would like the Ford's to go back and hopefully his (Lane's) Boss 9 and or the SCJ get a fair shake if they ever do.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy November 27th 2017, 11:34 am

supervel45 wrote:Interesting on the ZL1 1969 Vette. 1 to 5 of those cars are claimed to have been made versus 69 of the Camaro's. I guess they used the rarity to exclude them and I actually thought they let a few clones in. I guess not and I will let the Bowtie guys raise hell on that deal. I was looking at just Lane's posts on YB and ignoring the others, I think he made his case well. I would like the Ford's to go back and hopefully his (Lane's) Boss 9 and or the SCJ get a fair shake if they ever do.

I was there ... Lane's car was not totally compliant with the written rules when it ran that day.  
Being compliant would probably have cost him about a tenth so, the people in charge should have told him about any simple rule infractions at that very time so, he could just run again under those almost perfect conditions.
Instead they waited till a later date to deem his run illegal ... they are hesitant to make a decision and want him there for his money, the car count and spectator appeal yet, do this kind of crap to people all the time to satisfy their own interest.
THAT is the reality perceived by those who used to run that F.A.S.T. series and some who still run in it because "it is the only game in town" with those type vehicles.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  NITROUS FORD November 27th 2017, 11:35 pm

that was a great read! I feel like this! I once told a chevy dude who thinks nobody can beat a bbc in anything with 4 wheels! that if ford would have put a 460 with the scj steel heads intake and solid cam for that measure in a lets say any coupe or fastback from 68-70 with the modifications of any bbc of those years it have been a blood bath car for car!
all chevy guys are really scared of bbf anyway! Laughing

NITROUS FORD

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down