BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Articles on the old Mopar Missile P/S Duster.....

5 posters

Go down

Articles on the old Mopar Missile P/S Duster..... Empty Articles on the old Mopar Missile P/S Duster.....

Post  DILLIGASDAVE December 30th 2010, 1:22 am

Found some articles on the old Mopar Missile Pro Stock Duster program from the '70's. It's not Ford stuff but it's still damn interesting, shows how far things have come. Back then their data logging system used for testing took up a ton of space in the trunk.

The Mopar Missile Legacy (Part I)........
http://www.allpar.com/racing/missile/missile.html

The Mopar Missile: “The Wire Car” (light weight project test car)
http://www.allpar.com/racing/missile/wire-car.html

At the bottom of the pages there are links to other interesting stuff from back then (Little Red Wagon wheelstander, Testing hood scoops for the Mopar Missile, Mopar Missile Aero Tests, etc, etc, etc).
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Articles on the old Mopar Missile P/S Duster..... Empty Re: Articles on the old Mopar Missile P/S Duster.....

Post  res0rli9 December 30th 2010, 2:05 am

cool stuff Dave.

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Articles on the old Mopar Missile P/S Duster..... Empty Re: Articles on the old Mopar Missile P/S Duster.....

Post  bbf-falcon December 30th 2010, 6:00 am

Pretty Cool. I bought a set of Front (used) Firestone Drag 500's from one of those cars at Spring Nats in Columbus back in 70's. They were still like new when they took them off.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDave65 December 30th 2010, 9:49 pm

Thats a great site there Dave, thanks for sharing. Don Carltons hometown is a couple hours north of me. When I first started racing, I got to race at his old hometrack a few times and he was a legend up there.
BigDave65
BigDave65

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues December 31st 2010, 11:18 am

Good stuff. I was a huge Mopar Missile fan in my younger years. I just hate Chebbies!
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down