BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've shared these pictures elsewhere, thought I would share them here. Set of DO0E's that we had welded up and hope to someday have ported to raise the ports.

+2
snuff98
EverySparePenny
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I've shared these pictures elsewhere, thought I would share them here.

Set of DO0E's that we had welded up and hope to someday have ported to raise the ports. Empty I've shared these pictures elsewhere, thought I would share them here.nnSet of DO0E's that we had welded up and hope to someday have ported to raise the ports.

Post  EverySparePenny February 28th 2018, 12:58 am

Set of DO0E's that we had welded up and hope to someday have ported to raise the ports. 20180210

Set of DO0E's that we had welded up and hope to someday have ported to raise the ports. 20180211

Set of DO0E's that we had welded up and hope to someday have ported to raise the ports. 20180212

EverySparePenny

Back to top Go down

Set of DO0E's that we had welded up and hope to someday have ported to raise the ports. Empty Re: I've shared these pictures elsewhere, thought I would share them here. Set of DO0E's that we had welded up and hope to someday have ported to raise the ports.

Post  snuff98 February 28th 2018, 11:02 am

I works. That is something I did about a decade ago on several sets of c8 and dovec heads for some mud racers. They were dominating the bbc crowd in the ss class.

snuff98

Back to top Go down

Set of DO0E's that we had welded up and hope to someday have ported to raise the ports. Empty Re: I've shared these pictures elsewhere, thought I would share them here. Set of DO0E's that we had welded up and hope to someday have ported to raise the ports.

Post  rmcomprandy February 28th 2018, 12:01 pm

Unless you are absolutely required to use that number head ... it is a lot, LOT of work for such little power gain.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EverySparePenny February 28th 2018, 12:03 pm

We are ruled to an OEM casted head.

Sent from Topic'it App

EverySparePenny

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 28th 2018, 12:11 pm

That’s some expensive work.

What are the rules in that class?

A port plate would have been a whole lot cheaper
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  EverySparePenny February 28th 2018, 12:36 pm

dfree383 wrote:That’s some expensive work.

Set of DO0E's that we had welded up and hope to someday have ported to raise the ports. 20180213

Sent from Topic'it App

EverySparePenny

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 28th 2018, 1:35 pm

EverySparePenny wrote:

Set of DO0E's that we had welded up and hope to someday have ported to raise the ports. 20180213

Sent from Topic'it App

Rule #3 of those rules states that "O.E.M. factory" port locations must remain as well.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 28th 2018, 1:51 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
EverySparePenny wrote:

Sent from Topic'it App

Rule #3 of those rules states that "O.E.M. factory" port locations must remain as well.

I’m sure you’re thinking like I am, that puts the mods that have been done here into question
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  EverySparePenny February 28th 2018, 2:48 pm

Infraction indeed. When the project was started there was no "port move" rule, other than port plates.

Now that the rule has changed, if things ever come together, we will hope for untrained eyes. They've spent 8 years holding down the bench already, with the cost estimations of port work I've gathered over the last year, "rule bending" can be done more affordably elsewhere

Sent from Topic'it App

EverySparePenny

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 28th 2018, 3:21 pm

That work is a little tough to get by even untrained eyes IMO.

Sucks to lose all the effort.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  EverySparePenny February 28th 2018, 3:26 pm

dfree383 wrote:That work is a little tough to get by even untrained eyes IMO.

Sucks to lose all the effort.

Agreed. Would likely have better luck running an aftermarket head. Be more "stock" appearing

Sent from Topic'it App

EverySparePenny

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 28th 2018, 4:23 pm

Eliminator is making an iron CJ replacement head that may be worth investigating for the class as a alternative to the factory iron

And I would present it on a factory CJ core being rare and hard to come by it should be allowed like the iron gm replacements
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  EverySparePenny February 28th 2018, 4:26 pm

Isn't Eliminator the manufacturer of that F460 head? Sold by Barnett?

Sent from Topic'it App

EverySparePenny

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 28th 2018, 4:32 pm

EverySparePenny wrote:Isn't Eliminator the manufacturer of that F460 head? Sold by Barnett?

Sent from Topic'it App

I believe so
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  EverySparePenny February 28th 2018, 4:38 pm

dfree383 wrote:
EverySparePenny wrote:Isn't Eliminator the manufacturer of that F460 head? Sold by Barnett?

I believe so

I think that thing would be a bad mofo being able to use the A intake and exhaust. In my application

Sent from Topic'it App

EverySparePenny

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 28th 2018, 5:35 pm

EverySparePenny wrote:
dfree383 wrote:

I believe so

I think that thing would be a bad mofo being able to use the A intake and exhaust. In my application

Sent from Topic'it App

They where showing some CJ Port stuff to that may fit the rules you've posted, I don't think the rules would allow an A460 based head, the GM guys would throw a fit.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  EverySparePenny February 28th 2018, 5:51 pm

They where showing some CJ Port stuff to that may fit the rules you've posted, I don't think the rules would allow an A460 based head, the GM guys would throw a fit.[/quote]

Hmm cj based head, if they get a cj "big V" intake, I can be happy with that lol

Sent from Topic'it App

EverySparePenny

Back to top Go down

Post  EverySparePenny February 28th 2018, 10:06 pm

Set of DO0E's that we had welded up and hope to someday have ported to raise the ports. 20180214

The more local association would allow the port being moved it looks like.

Sent from Topic'it App

EverySparePenny

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino March 1st 2018, 12:25 am

Have you ever considered a max effort later model EFI head??....it has a smaller Chevy-like exhaust port, that when its opened up, really flows well. There was a thread about those on here a while ago.

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  EverySparePenny March 1st 2018, 9:38 am

BBFTorino wrote:Have you ever considered a max effort later model EFI head??....it has a smaller Chevy-like exhaust port, that when its opened up, really flows well. There was a thread about those on here a while ago.

I have not, was always under the impression everything on those heads were just to small to dink with at all. I will have to try to locate that thread, Thank you

EverySparePenny

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy March 1st 2018, 10:30 am

EverySparePenny wrote:
BBFTorino wrote:Have you ever considered a max effort later model EFI head??....it has a smaller Chevy-like exhaust port, that when its opened up, really flows well. There was a thread about those on here a while ago.

I have not, was always under the impression everything on those heads were just to small to dink with at all.  I will have to try to locate that thread, Thank you

They are not a good head for a large engine however, 475 cubic inches does not fall into that "larger" range these days.
A great option is a P.I. head #D2OE-AB.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 March 1st 2018, 10:38 am

Plus I wouldn’t get too fixated on exhaust flow or something that you can run ultra high compression and unlimited cam timing on.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  EverySparePenny March 1st 2018, 10:54 am

rmcomprandy wrote:
EverySparePenny wrote:

I have not, was always under the impression everything on those heads were just to small to dink with at all.  I will have to try to locate that thread, Thank you

They are not a good head for a large engine however, 475 cubic inches does not fall into that "larger" range these days.

Really, the D2, interesting, there again had been lead to believe chamber was not of the best on those due to maybe detonation issues? This information is from a source of whom I trust, though is not highly experienced with max performance of these engines I would say.

Yes for sure our 475's are tiny compared to most of what else is out there these days lol

EverySparePenny

Back to top Go down

Post  EverySparePenny March 1st 2018, 11:07 am

dfree383 wrote:Plus I wouldn’t get too fixated on exhaust flow or something that you can run ultra high compression and unlimited cam timing on.

After reading much of what this forum has to offer in the past year, I have come to realize that maybe the exhaust flow is a little to sought after with this project.

Got a cam from Lem to hopefully wake up the current combo even with the slightly anemic 14:1 compression

EverySparePenny

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy March 1st 2018, 8:14 pm

EverySparePenny wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:
EverySparePenny wrote:

Really, the D2, interesting, there again had been lead to believe chamber was not of the best on those due to maybe detonation issues?  This information is from a source of whom I trust, though is not highly experienced with max performance of these engines I would say.

Yes for sure our 475's are tiny compared to most of what else is out there these days lol

Simply saying D2 is not definitive ... A D2OE head is NOT the same head as a D2VE head ... BIG differences.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum